Pre-Game Talk: Bruins to face 1st place Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Here's a question.

Are players ruled out by doctors or themselves or both?

In Backes there is no way he can declare himself he is ok to play if he is in fact not , but with a sore back does the player have a say as it is more of a feeling then an injury?

You know what I mean.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Here's a question.

Are players ruled out by doctors or themselves or both?

In Backes there is no way he can declare himself he is ok to play if he is in fact not , but with a sore back does the player have a say as it is more of a feeling then an injury?

You know what I mean.

I'm guessing you've never had a back injury.

Unfortunately, I've had back issues the last few years due to bulging discs (mostly from lifting) that have rendered me useless at times, but fortunately with time and therapy my back is on the mend, but will never be the same....according to the MRI.

A back injury can definitely be a serious injury, and can be very painful and debilitating. It all depends which area of the spine has been damaged and to what extent. Muscular back injuries can be very painful and debilitating too, although they tend to be less serious and usually heal faster than a spinal injury depending on the extent of the injury.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Who will be the iron man of the year?

Players who have played all games

Pastrnak
McAvoy
Nash
Chara
Kuraly
Schaller
Carlo

Top pairing d pair
One top line forward
2nd pairing defense-man
3 bottom 6 guys

I feel like this post is going to jinx the bruins and one of them may be next to be bit by the injury bug. They can’t afford to lose anyone else. My bet is Pastrnak or McAvoy for playing a full season

I’d say Chara but I have a feeling he gets rested at the end of the season IF the bruins are going to the postseason. That’s a big if though and highly unlikely imo.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I feel like this post is going to jinx the bruins and one of them may be next to be bit by the injury bug. They can’t afford to lose anyone else. My bet is Pastrnak or McAvoy for playing a full season

I’d say Chara but I have a feeling he gets rested at the end of the season IF the bruins are going to the postseason. That’s a big if though and highly unlikely imo.

I'll say McAvoy.....knock on wood!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I'm guessing you've never had a back injury.

Unfortunately, I've had back issues the last few years due to bulging discs (mostly from lifting) that have rendered me useless at times, but fortunately with time and therapy my back is on the mend, but will never be the same....according to the MRI.

A back injury can definitely be a serious injury, and can be very painful and debilitating. It all depends which area of the spine has been damaged and to what extent. Muscular back injuries can be very painful and debilitating too, although they tend to be less serious and usually heal faster than a spinal injury depending on the extent of the injury.

I was on the floor for 18 days with a terrible back. It was the worst time of my life, I couldn't do anything without screaming in pain, so yes I have had a back injury.

I was curious about the process as some guys would say they are ok to play but in fact they are not.

Just saying with some injuries is it the players that say they are good to go or the doctors?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I am not at all worried that the Bruins are playing Tampa . They usually always rise to the challenge of playing good teams ( except Washington) . They struggle against the average - weak teams .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad