Pre-Game Talk: Bruins to face 1st place Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This team's bad luck with injuries continues. Our entire second line during our 4 game win streak are now on the shelf dealing with injuries.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Kenny Albert (play-by-play), former player, coach and general manager Mike Milbury (analyst), and Emmy Award-winner Pierre McGuire (‘Inside-the-Glass analyst) will call Lightning-Bruins from TD Garden in Boston, Mass.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I can not believe the injuries this team has had as above it is laughable now.

Whoever is in goal needs to play their game of the year as the Bolts are the highest scoring team with 3.7 goals per game scoring one more goal per game then the 25th ranked bruins with 2.7 goals per game.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
28 years now of following the Bruins, and I've never seen a season like this when it comes to injuries.

If this keeps going, my dream of a Nash-less line-up will never come to fruition this season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is comical..

Couple games ago, the second line featured Cehlarik-Krejci-Debrusk. Now they are ALL out with injuries??? Insanity.

Were literally at 2nd stretches of missed time now for key guys (Krejci, Backes, and Krug) and it's not even December yet.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Tampa is 6 - 3 - 1 in their last ten and lost the last two so they are not unbeatable. Bruins will be bounce back, win and I am gonna be flying home to Germany on Thursday happy.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
This is comical..

Couple games ago, the second line featured Cehlarik-Krejci-Debrusk. Now they are ALL out with injuries??? Insanity.

And it's not one at a time either or injuries to 4th liners/6-7D. They come in bunch and it's only the top players that are injured.

Shows the depth the Bruins have to be in the playoffs picture with all these injuries (or the weakness of the competition???) ...

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Were literally at 2nd stretches of missed time now for key guys (Krejci, Backes, and Krug) and it's not even December yet.

Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Backes, Bjork, Cehlarik, Debrusk, Spooner, Krug, McQuaid, Rask, Acciari.

That is a very long list of critical players out of the lineup at some point or another. Seriously, the first 7 are pretty much top 6 forwards on any team.

Hard to imagine what that does to the psyche of a team..

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
I'm actually ok if Butch decides on Rask for this game. I have heard they have a 7 day layoff afterwards, which means they have time to deal with whatever comes and be ready for the next game. Either way, win or lose, with Rask they're fine for the next week, whereas Doby would have to win to go forward with the good feeling, so I'd be a coward here and play Rask because it's the safer choice.

So I'll assume Jaffe knows and Rask plays tomorrow night.

's ok.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Who will be the iron man of the year?

Players who have played all games

Pastrnak
McAvoy
Nash
Chara
Kuraly
Schaller
Carlo

Top pairing d pair
One top line forward
2nd pairing defense-man
3 bottom 6 guys

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Not sure what's more amazing - the number of injuries across the board or that Backes is most likely playing NHL hockey less than a month after he had part of his colon surgically removed (he was supposed to be out at least 8 weeks).

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Well I've wanted a Vatrano-Spooner-Acciari line so there is that...

agreed. this is an intriguing combo, but Spooner will likely be the weak link unfortunately. they need a Czarnik kind of attitude, and as a 4th line they'd be top shelf and near perfect. Spooner is a round peg in that square hole. or perhaps vice versa.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Bruins 2nd most injured team this year Anaheim first.

Over the past couple years the team has been near the bottom or at the middle of injury list.

NHL Injury Viz: CHIP history chart (2008/09 to 2016/17)

It has also been an Eastern team 6 of the past 7 years.

Compare the injury lists.. which would you rather have.. errr not have...

Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Backes, Bjork, Cehlarik, Debrusk, Spooner, Krug, McQuaid, Rask, Acciari.

vs.

Getzlaf, Kesler, Rakell, Eaves, Kase, Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen, Ritchie.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Compare the injury lists.. which would you rather have.. errr not have...

vs.

Getzlaf, Kesler, Rakell, Eaves, Kase, Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen, Ritchie.

Brutal on both sides, that is a lot of money sitting in the pressbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad