Bruins to collapse and miss the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
The fact that this thread was started by a leafs fan, of all people, is hilarious.

Edit: Actually, you know what? If I were a fan of a perpetual basement dweller I think I would be just as obnoxious.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I don't think they will collapse this season.

Hopefully they keep 3rd in the Atlantic.

I think the Isles will take the 2nd WC and face the Metro winner. They have played below their talent level. They have a pretty good schedule in April compared to other teams in the mix.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hope so but I doubt it happens, I said in August the NYI weren't making it and I was laughed at on here.

As for Tampa they are just to banged up I mean if you can't beat Arizona You're dead in the water.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
It's possible. But they'd have to lose the next two games and I think they are too good for that. The Islanders are playing the night before the Bruins game too. Bruins are a good team, Ottawa seems to hand them crushing losses the past few years but I don't see them missing the playoffs this year.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Well, typically when you are 5 points up on the teams chasing you, and you go from 3rd in the division to missing the playoffs, that is seen as a collapse.

This thread is to discuss such a possible scenario, and any implications it may present.

Especially considering their collapse the last few years as well.

You know they're still in 3rd place, right? (and yes, i'm aware Toronto has 2 games in hand)

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
LOL if you think the leafs have been irrelevant I don't know what to say.

they might not be winning but are far from irrelevant lol.

When you have not won a Stanley Cup in 50 years I'm not sure how you can be considered relevant? Yes they have a large fan following and the Toronto Sports Network and Rogers do all they can to glean interest but at the end of the day they have done nothing where it counts for 50 years.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
would be hilarious to see them choke 3rd year in a row and miss by 1 point. But Marchand/Bergeron line is too good this year to let that happen.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Leafs fan, take a break.... worry about your own team. They are far from guaranteed a playoff spot.

I know the bitterness lives on from the last time the Leafs made the playoffs but making a thread just makes your fan base look childish and arrogant.

I'm guessing this is the only real agenda here.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
as others said, this is an obvious troll thread. but whatever.

on topic though, as a Bruins fan, I felt the playoffs were a hope, not a guarantee this year, so I'm happy with the run they have put together since Julien was fired and hope they can still squeak in. If not, I hardly think it is a choke job, as several weeks ago they were definitely on the outside looking in.

Still a lot of hockey to be played yet though.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs fan, take a break.... worry about your own team. They are far from guaranteed a playoff spot.

I know the bitterness lives on from the last time the Leafs made the playoffs but making a thread just makes your fan base look childish and arrogant.

I'm guessing this is the only real agenda here.

He creates a lot of threads. This one might have a point though. This could be the third year where they are close but not close enough. That's what happens when you are a one line team. It leads to collapses because the one line can't carry you forever. Happened to the Leafs as well because all we had going for us was Kessel's line.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
as others said, this is an obvious troll thread. but whatever.

on topic though, as a Bruins fan, I felt the playoffs were a hope, not a guarantee this year, so I'm happy with the run they have put together since Julien was fired and hope they can still squeak in. If not, I hardly think it is a choke job, as several weeks ago they were definitely on the outside looking in.

Still a lot of hockey to be played yet though.

agree, as a Bruins fan its nice to be retooling on the fly and quite happy with the year. they are playing about as well as they can given the players they have. Now if the deep prospect pool can come through, the next few years will be great.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Bruins upcomming schedule is a hard one but not so different from TML... I say they both go 500 and standing stays the same ;)

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
When you have not won a Stanley Cup in 50 years I'm not sure how you can be considered relevant? Yes they have a large fan following and the Toronto Sports Network and Rogers do all they can to glean interest but at the end of the day they have done nothing where it counts for 50 years.

You're right, they should just fold and move to a place where they would be relevant. I'm supporting a Boise move in the near future

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Oh the irony..........Thread started by a Leafer........I guess that major collapse of a few years back still smacks him with **********..........

Which collapse?

The one where the Bruins got called with too many men on the ice?
Or the one where they had a 3-0 leads in the series and a 3-0 lead in game 7 (what?) and still managed to lose
Or the one after beating an inexperience and lucky Leaf team in 7 (What again?) they managed to blow another lead in the last minutes of the deciding game?

Stones and glass houses dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad