Prospect Info: Bruins sign UMass' Vatrano to entry-level deal

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
AMHERST, Mass. - UMass hockey redshirt sophomore forward Frank Vatrano signed a free agent contract with the Boston Bruins on Thursday. Vatrano, who will forgo his final two seasons of collegiate eligibility, becomes the 12th Minuteman in the past three years to ink his first professional deal.

"I would like to thank everyone who helped me get to where I am today, especially UMass, the Boston Junior Bruins and the U.S. National Development Team Program who made this dream become possible for me." said Vatrano. "To my family and friends who stuck by me through thick and thin, I appreciate everything you have done for me in my life and the sacrifices you have made for me."

"I'm so happy for Frank and his family to have another dream realized," said UMass head coach John Micheletto. "Frank has worked so hard during his time at Massachusetts to improve his game while helping the team. Though we will miss him tremendously, the UMass hockey family will be cheering loudly in support of Frank's pursuit of a long NHL career."

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/031215aac.html

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
5'10" / 215 lbs?

That's a big boy for 5'10"......is it muscle?

not sure. But he does have a heavy shot, quick release. Good bodychecker and sneaky speed

Maybe like a Matt Fraser but with better skating speed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad