Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Sean Kuraly to 3 Yr, $1.275M AAV Exention

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Kuraly will not be the teams 3C... he lacks skills to put up points or be depended to put up points

best role for him is the 4c spot. Pure energy, forechecking, PK

I think he can fill in at 3C, but unless he improves a great deal, you don't want him there regularly.

I said this a couple of days ago, but I would love to see him and Wagner on the 4th line, but with a skilled winger to capitalize on the turnovers those two are going to create.

Very good signing.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Solid extension. Good energy guy that showed he could jump up to the 3rd line center role for a few games when injuries occur.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think he can fill in at 3C, but unless he improves a great deal, you don't want him there regularly.

I said this a couple of days ago, but I would love to see him and Wagner on the 4th line, but with a skilled winger to capitalize on the turnovers those two are going to create.

Very good signing.

This 100%

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Solid deal for both sides. Keeps the AAV down into the two years when the Bruins will need to really need all their available cap space.

Reactions: Blowfish

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury

Very good signing.

I like how you at least gave him the benefit that he CAN possibly improve and own that 3C spot. I hope he does - if he can earn and own that 3C spot, that will be some incredibly good value for that position at such a low cap hit. It wasn't all that long ago Chris Kelly held that mantle - and I think if Kuraly continues to improve like he has, he will be the better overall player long term.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Very happy with this signing. Wish we could have signed Schaller to a similar deal but he got a nice payout. Last year the 4th line finally showed some life which hadn't happened since the Merlot days. Hopefully Wagner fits in with 52 and 55.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He was at Dev Camp, well Warrior last week and was working with some new VR training tool during Dev Camp.

Glad he's back.
The VR tool was very cool. You could see what they see on the screen in the corner. They were working on net front screens/tips.

For those who are curious... They’d see a virtual puck get passed back and forth from LD to RD and have to adjust their screen, the the puck would zip in on goal and they had a stick with a sensor that would pick up their tips/and rebound attempts. Very hard skill to teach and it looked pretty realistic timing wise, and even feel wise. If he angled his stick too much the tip would go over the net. He could deflect it off the backhand and turn and whack at rebounds... cool stuff.

Reactions: Spooner st

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like how you at least gave him the benefit that he CAN possibly improve and own that 3C spot. I hope he does - if he can earn and own that 3C spot, that will be some incredibly good value for that position at such a low cap hit. It wasn't all that long ago Chris Kelly held that mantle - and I think if Kuraly continues to improve like he has, he will be the better overall player long term.

I like Kuraly, but I do question his offensive IQ and hands. I think he can chip in some offense from that 4th line C spot, but he's not a naturally gifted offensive player IMO. I watched nearly every B's game this year and far to often I would witness Kuraly come into the offensive zone on an odd man rush, and take the shot from a bad angle when he had a linemate in a much better position.

He has good speed, can hit, and plays with a lot of energy. I'm just not sure he can elevate his overall offensive game to lock down the 3C spot.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This 100%

Everyone knows how much I like Heinen, and I think you would be wasting him, but if the B's acquire a Top 6 wing and wanted to put him on the 4th line:

Heinen-Kuraly-Wagner

Would be REALLY interesting and probably dominate any other 4th line in the league.

Then you could use Heinen on the PP and PK to maximize his abilities.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Only way he should be touching the 3rd line is if injury. Bruins need to either go out and find a 3rd line center or give JFK a chance. Still think that Frederic/Studnicka will be a year+ away.

Regardless, as long as he is on the 4th line I’m happy. Great energy and I think a little more untapped potential for sure. Solid length and term for what he brings. Glad he’s here for the next 3 years.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Wow, perfect deal. I think he can fill 3C in a pinch but he’s our 4th line center for the forseable future and i ain’t complaining. Now he needs to spend some time working on draws with Bergy.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Everyone knows how much I like Heinen, and I think you would be wasting him, but if the B's acquire a Top 6 wing and wanted to put him on the 4th line:

Heinen-Kuraly-Wagner

Would be REALLY interesting and probably dominate any other 4th line in the league.

Then you could use Heinen on the PP and PK to maximize his abilities.

I would keep acciari over Wagner on the right if heinen played 4th line. But it will most likely be

Wagner-kuraly-acciari

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would keep acciari over Wagner on the right if heinen played 4th line. But it will most likely be

Wagner-kuraly-acciari

I think they are similar players, but I think Wagner is a notch more physical than Acciari, and if I had to choose between the two I would put Wagner in over him.

I don't mind the bolded 4th line, but if those are the guys, I'm not sure they put Wagner on his off wing.

Kuraly-Wagner- Acciari

All three of these guys can take draws, which is nice, but Wagner was the best of them at 49% last year (career 50%), while the other two were 45-46%.

Reactions: TD Charlie

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think they are similar players, but I think Wagner is a notch more physical than Acciari, and if I had to choose between the two I would put Wagner in over him.

I don't mind the bolded 4th line, but if those are the guys, I'm not sure they put Wagner on his off wing.

Kuraly-Wagner- Acciari

All three of these guys can take draws, which is nice, but Wagner was the best of them at 49% last year (career 50%), while the other two were 45-46%.
didn`t even realize Wagner was a C

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
this is such a good deal. I actually like the extra year or two because I think he still has some upside and by year 3 will seem like a bargain.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Very good signing.

Fitzgerald could be that skilled 4th line winger to go with Kuraly and Wagner.

Reactions: Flannelman

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Kuraly Focused on Continuing to Grow His Game

"I'm going to give it my best shot," Kuraly said on Tuesday after signing a new three-year contract with the Bruins worth an average annual value of $1.275 million.

"I'm preparing like I do every single year to play my best hockey, and I look at it like that's the first thing that has to happen. I'm going to try to play my best hockey and bring as much as I can to the team, and where I'm put in the lineup or where they put me is going to be based off how I play, and how I play is up to me.
"My goal is to help the team as much I can, obviously, like any other player. If that means playing third line, then that's what that means, and if it means playing fourth line, then that's where I'll be. Really, that's what my outlook is."

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad