Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Par Lindholm

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Can’t really see why they signed him or what he brings to the table that helps them but I also said that about Nordstrom last year so what the f*** do I know :dunno:

BruinsNetwork

I don't know much about this player, other than his stat history. Any thoughts on this signing? What role is he best suited for?

He's a pretty damn good defensive player and is great at the dot. Good speed and decent puck-skills, but nothing special. Just your solid, versatile bottom-six forward.

Between Ritchie, Backes, Nordstrom, Wagner, Kuraly and Linholm, that's six players competing for three spots on L4. That's also not counting other more youthful players who can push for spots, as well. Kuraly isn't going anywhere and Wagner brings the "boom" element that Acciari provided, so they're both safe. Backes isn't an easy situation to deal with. Nordstrom has become one of the coaches' go-to utility guys, but I can't imagine this team doesn't move on from someone in the coming days or weeks.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Man sorry about that....Lindholm is getting killed on the main board for sucking by the Leafs fans that watched him last year

English is my 3rd language but I'm good enough to know that wasn't a proper sentence. Just needed some clearance. Thanks, I was thinking maybe it was me.

I don't really get this signing but I'm not sure our bitter rival Leafs fans are a reference

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
They didn’t give him a two-year, one-way contract to stick him in Providence.

He is 27, he is not a hidden gem. At least Wagner and Nordstrom had proven value and made sense as depth pieces. This move is irrelevant so long as we don't see him in Boston... but surely there was another depth player who could be signed if Boston is the target.

Unless there is expansion draft logic here.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Why not? Worst case they send his cap hit or trade him for another team project.

Take your shot on these 1M UFA types each year. Zero risk, all reward types.

It worked with Nordstrom last year which, despite sucking for most of season, was well worth his 1M last year.

Will Lindholm do something for the Bruins this year? We’ll see. At worst, it matters zero.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He is 27, he is not a hidden gem. At least Wagner and Nordstrom had proven value and made sense as depth pieces. This move is irrelevant so long as we don't see him in Boston... but surely there was another depth player who could be signed if Boston is the target.

I don’t know if he’s a hidden gem or not. I’m just saying the fact that they gave him a 2 year deal with $100k bonuses each year means they see something in him and I don’t think they make that kind of investment if they were planning to just stick him in the minors on day1.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know if he’s a hidden gem or not. I’m just saying the fact that they gave him a 2 year deal with $100k bonuses each year means they see something in him and I don’t think they make that kind of investment if they were planning to just stick him in the minors on day1.

where'd you see bonuses? i mean if they are giving a plug like that bonuses, maybe we should all have our hands out.
can't be right.

speaking of bonuses, acciari got $1M signing bonus. good for him. such a great dude.

Reactions: trenton1

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
where'd you see bonuses? i mean if they are giving a plug like that bonuses, maybe we should all have our hands out.
can't be right.

speaking of bonuses, acciari got $1M signing bonus. good for him. such a great dude.

I saw it on Capfriendly but it just says $850k salary now. Not sure if I read it wrong or if it changed.

Yeah, very happy for Acciari. He spoke to my son’s team two years which was cool. A local kid that made it had them all starry eyed.

Reactions: trenton1

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

I bet we could go back and find a few posts almost exactly like this about Nordstrom before last season.

Just like Nordstrom, this guy is in the plans - and will probably end up playing a lot. Right or wrong. For good or bad.

I get a feeling, he’s gonna be Nordstrom - but not as good. Nordstrom Lite.

I really hope he’s genuinely good at face offs. I remember when we were good at those.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I bet we could go back and find a few posts almost exactly like this about Nordstrom before last season.

Just like Nordstrom, this guy is in the plans - and will probably end up playing a lot. Right or wrong. For good or bad.

I get a feeling, he’s gonna be Nordstrom - but not as good. Nordstrom Lite.

I really hope he’s genuinely good at face offs. I remember when we were good at those.

I am not sure if a lesser Nordstrom is a good thing.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Could the signing have something to to do with the expansion draft down the road?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Could the signing have something to to do with the expansion draft down the road?
I think it’s a reaction to losing Acciari. Kuraly and Acciari were the two options for 4c. Now the two options are Kuraly and Lindholm. There were times during the year where Kuraly looked better at LW. This gives them the option to go back to that: Kuraly - Lindholm - Wagner.

Reactions: GoBs and Spooner st

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I never heard of this guy when they signed him. Somehow I don’t remember him playing against the Bruins or in a game watched he was in.

I thought he was Lacy Underalls boyfriend in Caddy Shack

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

He only has one year. I understand he didn’t look great all last year but that was both his rookie season in the NHL and his first year in North America. He may not be a hidden gem, but he could be better than he was now that he has a year under his belt and has adjusted. He put up impressive numbers in Europe his last two years, maybe they saw something in him over there that makes them believe that’s the case.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
He only has one year. I understand he didn’t look great all last year but that was both his rookie season in the NHL and his first year in North America. He may not be a hidden gem, but he could be better than he was now that he has a year under his belt and has adjusted. He put up impressive numbers in Europe his last two years, maybe they saw something in him over there that makes them believe that’s the case.

or they still aren't good at pro scouting. i wasn't a big fan of nordstrom last summer, so happy to give lindholm
some rope to see what we've got with him.

Reactions: Strafer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
or they still aren't good at pro scouting. i wasn't a big fan of nordstrom last summer, so happy to give lindholm
some rope to see what we've got with him.

Yep, definite possibility. But they hit on Coyle and Johansson.

I wonder if they were also one of the teams trying to sign Lindholm out of Europe last year. Maybe this is an Axelsson recommendation? Maybe they missed on him last year but felt it was worth taking another shot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He could be the next Nordstrom. He could be the next Kemppainen. Or he could be something in-between.

But if you can't score a goal in 60+ consecutive games averaging 11 mins. a game, sorry but you probably don't belong in the NHL.

Brandon Carlo had more goals than Lindholm from November onward. Let that sink in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->