Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Par Lindholm

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think he has a legit chance to contribute on the top two lines.

Very sneaky signing from our GM.

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

The top two lines? What makes you say that? Isn't he a center? And a left shot. Do you see him playing RW or do you think they shift DeBrusk to RW? Honest questions.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
not-sure-if-serious.jpg

The top two lines? What makes you say that? Isn't he a center? And a left shot. Do you see him playing RW or do you think they shift DeBrusk to RW? Honest questions.
Not serious. Just being an ***hole. Taking a shot at those claiming something similar about the Ritchie sighing.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Despite his salary, Lindholm so far is the biggest risk/reward signing the Bruins' front office has made. Lindholm put up solid numbers in the SHL, but was moved from the Leafs to the Jets in his first season after putting up a grand total of 13 points before getting let go by said Jets this offseason. The upside is that he is a decent set up man and has versatility to play on the left wing, so I guess that makes Nordstrom expendable which I don't get. I will admit that I didn't like Nordstrom because of how bad he played at points this last year, but he ended up earning his 1 million dollars in the postseason with the effort he put in to the point of getting another season here, but okay. To me, the signing of Lindholm signals one or more of the following are what the Bruins will do with this guy (and none of them look great as of right now): they are going to have Lindholm take Acciari/Nordstrom's place next to Wagner and Kuraly and fill a role that may not fit his style of play, they will have Lindholm on the 3rd line and move either Coyle or Heinen into the top 6 and not bother with bringing back MoJo or signing another piece, Lindholm will join Coyle and Heinen on the third line as the Bruins throw prospects against he wall to see who will fill the last top 6 forward role, or they try out Lindholm and see he isn't worth his contract and cut him like they did Martin Bakos last year.

Last edited:

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
This one's a bit of a head scratcher. He's a late bloomer but emerged as a very good point-getter in the SHL over the last few years and I would have understood taking a chance on him last offseason, like the Leafs did, to see if he has what it takes to produce in NA. It's only been one season, but it's pretty clear that he doesn't quite have what it takes to make an impact in the NHL points-wise, and while he is a hard worker and can do a decent job defensively, he lacks outstanding attributes like speed or physicality that can allow him to fill a role that doesn't require much scoring.

I guess he has an outside shot at a third line role in the league with the right surroundings, he does have some playmaking ability and skill after all, but it makes no sense for Boston at all at this point. If he was a RW it might have made some sense, but I just don't see the fit at all. He's absolutely nothing like Nordström, that's for sure. Not comparable players at all. Must be something else in the works that would free up a spot on the roster where he could possibly fit.

Or, it's just an easily bury-able contract that challenges the kids/fringe players in camp for a roster spot, I guess. Maybe just some head games from Sweeney to create competition.

Reactions: EvilDead

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i watched him a bit last year. incredibly vanilla player. good on PK. wouldn't have signed him personally.
he's a 12-14 forward at best, IMO. good news is if he sucks, he can go to providence and not count on the cap.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
i watched him a bit last year. incredibly vanilla player. good on PK. wouldn't have signed him personally.
he's a 12-14 forward at best, IMO. good news is if he sucks, he can go to providence and not count on the cap.

Exactly how I would describe his game.

He played 67 games last year. He scored in Game #6 on October 13th. Keep in mind scoring is up a fair bit during the first few weeks of the season.

He didn't score another goal in the following 61 games between TO and Winnipeg averaging 11 mins. a game.

This player sucks. He had better be in Providence come Opening Night.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Lindholm is a versatile vet on a minimum contract. theres always a couple forwards sitting in the press box and you prefer that they can sub in for whoever gets sick/short term injured.

last year that guy was supposed to be Nordstrom and the nay-sayers mocked his signing the exact same words they are using for Lindholm this year. sorry to the armchair quarterbacks here but im putting way more confidence into the bruins making the right moves than I am the whole lot of you guys

personally... I saw nothing in this guy last year but personally, I saw nothing in Nordstrom either. and I almost saw nothing in wagner. and I had no idea who kuhlman, accari, or kuraly were before our team identified these guys. the bruins track record of finding some outstanding 4th liners is way better than my own

what we know is the team gave this guy a 2 year deal... thats a strong commitment. he wouldnt pass through waivers so plan on having him around as our new utility forward

it probably means the team isnt as high on the possibility of Bjork making the team as I am because it now fills up all our roster spots. unless we are planning on trading backes after all or we think heinens ask is too high and hes headed out?

Reactions: LouisSleigher

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Disappointing moves, this team is too a soft!

I'll say this much.

If your going to go out and sign a guy who didn't score a goal for the final 6 months of the season, can we at least find a player who brings something unique to the table? You'll be hard pressed to find a more vanilla player than the great Par Lindholm.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Since the 3rd and 4th line were the best lines at even strength in the finals Sweeney decided to just go for more 4th liners.

Four 4th lines!

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Well Nordstrom went from 2 goals in 80 games to a career season sooooo maybe Sweeney is the '4th line Swede Whisperer'??

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Speedy defensive center with >50% faceoff and potential for offense (PPG in SHL) at the minimum salary. PK, stays out of the box, about the same points as Acciari/Nordstrom last season even while shooting 1%. Could be a sneaky smart pickup especially if we do flip Nordstrom for a pick to offset the likely Backes price.

I think I'd enjoy watching Kuraly - Lindholm - Wags/Ritchie if it came to that.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
when the team makes it to the final... they earn a little support. sorry not all fans can give it

They didn't win and its a new season. Support there's a ton of it but most fans here realize you can't sit on your laurels of losing in the finals. It only means your just the first place loser. Win or lose you evaluate and learn, then move on. The Bruins need some more grit, sandpaper and scoring up front. I think Sweeney knows that and will bring it here.

As far as the Lindholm acquisition, I see it more of a depth acquisition here and more than likely a full time Providence gig, as Sweeney maybe looking ahead a little bit knowing that he may have to move some prospects to get rid of Backes and to possibly bring in that top six forward.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->