Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Par Lindholm

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by PlayMakers, Jul 1, 2019.

1. PlayMakers

PlayMakers Moderator

Real Estate Developer
    I don't know much about this player, other than his stat history. Any thoughts on this signing? What role is he best suited for?

2. Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe Pass me another nail

Film Critic
    Home Page:
    I think he has a legit chance to contribute on the top two lines.

Very sneaky signing from our GM.

Rumpy likes this.
  3. Over the volcano

Over the volcano Registered User

He’s this year’s Martin Bakos experiment

Fenian24 likes this.
  4. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Yes.

If Sweeney is banking on the 27 year old undrafted Swede with 65 career NHL games and 1 career goal contributing on the top two lines, he ought to send that executive of the year trophy back this instant.

5. Fenway

Fenway Administrator Sponsor

6. PlayMakers

PlayMakers Moderator

Real Estate Developer
    [​IMG]

The top two lines? What makes you say that? Isn't he a center? And a left shot. Do you see him playing RW or do you think they shift DeBrusk to RW? Honest questions.

JOKER 192 and DaaaaB's like this.
  7. RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW Registered User

my gut tells me he replaces Nordstrom who I think will be moved for a pick or as part of a bigger deal.

Spooner st, TCB and Estlin like this.
  8. Mantis

Mantis I am a doctah

Discording WTB
  9. Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe Pass me another nail

Film Critic
    Home Page:
    Not serious. Just being an ***hole. Taking a shot at those claiming something similar about the Ritchie sighing.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  10. PlayMakers

PlayMakers Moderator

Real Estate Developer
    Lol, you had me going.

JOKER 192 likes this.
  11. EvilDead

EvilDead Viva La Stool!

Despite his salary, Lindholm so far is the biggest risk/reward signing the Bruins' front office has made. Lindholm put up solid numbers in the SHL, but was moved from the Leafs to the Jets in his first season after putting up a grand total of 13 points before getting let go by said Jets this offseason. The upside is that he is a decent set up man and has versatility to play on the left wing, so I guess that makes Nordstrom expendable which I don't get. I will admit that I didn't like Nordstrom because of how bad he played at points this last year, but he ended up earning his 1 million dollars in the postseason with the effort he put in to the point of getting another season here, but okay. To me, the signing of Lindholm signals one or more of the following are what the Bruins will do with this guy (and none of them look great as of right now): they are going to have Lindholm take Acciari/Nordstrom's place next to Wagner and Kuraly and fill a role that may not fit his style of play, they will have Lindholm on the 3rd line and move either Coyle or Heinen into the top 6 and not bother with bringing back MoJo or signing another piece, Lindholm will join Coyle and Heinen on the third line as the Bruins throw prospects against he wall to see who will fill the last top 6 forward role, or they try out Lindholm and see he isn't worth his contract and cut him like they did Martin Bakos last year.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  12. trenton1

trenton1 Bergeron for Hart

Can't spell Parade without Par.

13. Fopppa

Fopppa Registered User

This one's a bit of a head scratcher. He's a late bloomer but emerged as a very good point-getter in the SHL over the last few years and I would have understood taking a chance on him last offseason, like the Leafs did, to see if he has what it takes to produce in NA. It's only been one season, but it's pretty clear that he doesn't quite have what it takes to make an impact in the NHL points-wise, and while he is a hard worker and can do a decent job defensively, he lacks outstanding attributes like speed or physicality that can allow him to fill a role that doesn't require much scoring.

I guess he has an outside shot at a third line role in the league with the right surroundings, he does have some playmaking ability and skill after all, but it makes no sense for Boston at all at this point. If he was a RW it might have made some sense, but I just don't see the fit at all. He's absolutely nothing like Nordström, that's for sure. Not comparable players at all. Must be something else in the works that would free up a spot on the roster where he could possibly fit.

Or, it's just an easily bury-able contract that challenges the kids/fringe players in camp for a roster spot, I guess. Maybe just some head games from Sweeney to create competition.

EvilDead likes this.
  14. neelynugs

neelynugs Registered User

i watched him a bit last year. incredibly vanilla player. good on PK. wouldn't have signed him personally.
    he's a 12-14 forward at best, IMO. good news is if he sucks, he can go to providence and not count on the cap.

bbfan419 and trenton1 like this.
  15. BruinDust

BruinDust Chairman of Par Lindholm Fan Club

Exactly how I would describe his game.

He played 67 games last year. He scored in Game #6 on October 13th. Keep in mind scoring is up a fair bit during the first few weeks of the season.

He didn't score another goal in the following 61 games between TO and Winnipeg averaging 11 mins. a game.

This player sucks. He had better be in Providence come Opening Night.

bbfan419 and PatriceBergeronFan like this.
  16. LouJersey

LouJersey Al<3xxx

Mr. Lindsey Pelas
    GEtting killed on the trade board for being terrible by being who a lot of him.

17. bruinsfan1968

bruinsfan1968 Registered User

Disappointing moves, this team is too a soft!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  18. Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Alberta_OReilly_Fan Bruin fan since 1975

not earning enough to pay the bills
    Lindholm is a versatile vet on a minimum contract. theres always a couple forwards sitting in the press box and you prefer that they can sub in for whoever gets sick/short term injured.

last year that guy was supposed to be Nordstrom and the nay-sayers mocked his signing the exact same words they are using for Lindholm this year. sorry to the armchair quarterbacks here but im putting way more confidence into the bruins making the right moves than I am the whole lot of you guys

personally... I saw nothing in this guy last year but personally, I saw nothing in Nordstrom either. and I almost saw nothing in wagner. and I had no idea who kuhlman, accari, or kuraly were before our team identified these guys. the bruins track record of finding some outstanding 4th liners is way better than my own

what we know is the team gave this guy a 2 year deal... thats a strong commitment. he wouldnt pass through waivers so plan on having him around as our new utility forward

it probably means the team isnt as high on the possibility of Bjork making the team as I am because it now fills up all our roster spots. unless we are planning on trading backes after all or we think heinens ask is too high and hes headed out?

LouisSleigher likes this.
  19. BrainOfJ

BrainOfJ GM of the Year

I look forward to him potting the game winner in G7 against Toronto

20. BruinDust

BruinDust Chairman of Par Lindholm Fan Club

I'll say this much.

If your going to go out and sign a guy who didn't score a goal for the final 6 months of the season, can we at least find a player who brings something unique to the table? You'll be hard pressed to find a more vanilla player than the great Par Lindholm.

21. Mission ImPastable

Mission ImPastable Registered User

Will be good in Providence as a vet to replace Gemel Smith /Jordan Szwarz

TCB likes this.
  22. Pia8988

Pia8988 Registered User

Since the 3rd and 4th line were the best lines at even strength in the finals Sweeney decided to just go for more 4th liners.

Four 4th lines!

TheReal13Linseman likes this.
  23. mikelvl

mikelvl Registered User

Finance
    Well Nordstrom went from 2 goals in 80 games to a career season sooooo maybe Sweeney is the '4th line Swede Whisperer'??

24. YouTakeTheVan

YouTakeTheVan Registered User

Speedy defensive center with >50% faceoff and potential for offense (PPG in SHL) at the minimum salary. PK, stays out of the box, about the same points as Acciari/Nordstrom last season even while shooting 1%. Could be a sneaky smart pickup especially if we do flip Nordstrom for a pick to offset the likely Backes price.

I think I'd enjoy watching Kuraly - Lindholm - Wags/Ritchie if it came to that.

25. TCB

TCB Registered User

HABHATER
    They didn't win and its a new season. Support there's a ton of it but most fans here realize you can't sit on your laurels of losing in the finals. It only means your just the first place loser. Win or lose you evaluate and learn, then move on. The Bruins need some more grit, sandpaper and scoring up front. I think Sweeney knows that and will bring it here.

As far as the Lindholm acquisition, I see it more of a depth acquisition here and more than likely a full time Providence gig, as Sweeney maybe looking ahead a little bit knowing that he may have to move some prospects to get rid of Backes and to possibly bring in that top six forward.

Donnie Shulzhoffer likes this.