Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Niklas Svedberg; 1 year/$600K

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
"Chad Johnson wishes he could read all of your support but it takes him a while to go from post to post."

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
"Chad Johnson wishes he could read all of your support but it takes him a while to go from post to post."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good deal... Cheap, and it lets Subban take the reigns in Providence. Sveddy looked really nervous in his NHL debut, but he still looked good, and he won. As long as he keeps doing that, he'll be fine. :) I expect he'll be extremely sheltered like Chad was, and Rask will have a heavy workload. He's used to it by now, though.

Also, even though he wasn't great at all times, thanks to Ochocinco. At the end of the day, he had a 17-4-3 record, and was a pretty big reason as to why we won the Presidents Trophy. He was a 600k backup and he gave us the most bang for our buck he possibly could have provided. Good luck to him, won't take him long to get picked up.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

giphy.gif

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Khudobin looks like a starter in Carolina.

What have you seen that makes you think Johnson will falter?
Khubodin played 30games. Not that much for a starter.

Khubodin is better than CJ. He has a lot more fight in him. Reminds me a little of Tim Thomas. CJ just plays his angles and hopes the puck hits him. Don't like his lateral movement or his unaggressive style.. I really don't see CJ being a #1 for a team.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

Khubodin is better than CJ. He has a lot more fight in him. Reminds me a little of Tim Thomas. CJ just plays his angles and hopes the puck hits him. Don't like his lateral movement or his unaggressive style.. I really don't see CJ being a #1 for a team.

that's fair - I do think CJ's lateral movement progressed as the season went on, but it was his rebound direction/control that always worried me.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It doesn't matter who the back up goalie is.

He doesn't need to have a great record because winning the division doesn't matter very much.

If Rask gets hurt, they're screwed whether they have a million dollar back up or a 600k back up.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I may now be name Accentuate the Postive...but, I am going to be a contrarian here.This means we are indeed in "cap j-ail" and will be subtracting-not adding proven NHLER- unless a Beckett/Gonzalez for a young player happens.

I hope you loyal folks are right about Svedberg. It was only one game and I will not let it bias me but I was not at all impressed with him in it. I also hear-albeit from this board
- that he has been up and down in Providence. Goalie of the year one year, but spotty the next. However, scant evidence and sometimes you just have to take a chance. Like Gilles Gilbert, I would have perfered and experienced backup-a Voukon/Hedberg type but there are not many of those An around....Lots of Good starters and not many backups around now. Anyway, good luck Mr Svedberg.

The fans' POV and the Bruins' POV are two different things. The Bruins aren't making a judgment based on one NHL game. They're looking at body of work, athleticism, potential, temperament and talent, and also utilizing the opinions of the coaching staffs, including Bob Essesna.

And, as pointed out above, a backup goalie doesn't have to be an all-star.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think sveddy will do just fine in boston. to me, he has more talent than chad. and I love how he battles in the net. bored in providence? probably. he did basically destroy that league 2 years ago. not worried at all.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

Dobie was awesome the last few months of the season. Knocked Ward right out of the box. Really took over.

I watched intently, as I picked him up in a pinch on my fantasy team.

He was right up with the best. The guy battles and doesn't give up much.

But like I said, you must make 600k to sit behind Rask. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad