Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Niklas Svedberg; 1 year/$600K

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I like Sveddy but he didn't look so good last year. A bit nervous about this.

Best of luck Chad and thank you!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Wow you're fast - I was about to get the glee of posting this first, since I saw the time the Bruins posted it was 5:55. Oops.

Should be a good addition. He did a good job in his single "tryout game" last year, and if we can keep our backup goalie to 600K, that's good for the cap. His numbers look good, but I'll confess to not following the AHL as much as I probably should. (16 penalty minutes in 44 games though....should we lock up the milk crates?)

I liked Chad for what he was...a backup goalie. Was passable against the weaker opps we gave him, and did a good job keeping the ball rolling in March while giving Tuukka a much needed post-Olympic break. Wonder how the market will treat him...not sure he's ready to start, but hopefully he finds a nice home.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wow you're fast - I was about to get the glee of posting this first, since I saw the time the Bruins posted it was 5:55. Oops.

Should be a good addition. He did a good job in his single "tryout game" last year, and if we can keep our backup goalie to 600K, that's good for the cap. His numbers look good, but I'll confess to not following the AHL as much as I probably should. (16 penalty minutes in 44 games though....should we lock up the milk crates?)

I liked Chad for what he was...a backup goalie. Was passable against the weaker opps we gave him, and did a good job keeping the ball rolling in March while giving Tuukka a much needed post-Olympic break. Wonder how the market will treat him...not sure he's ready to start, but hopefully he finds a nice home.

Sveddy's temper is worse than Tuukka's. :laugh:

Even with my reservations, I love the Scandinavian Duo.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
What a steal, I had him getting at least 1 mill for sure. This guy looked real good against Nashville last season, he'll be better than Johnson.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Nice. Johnson probably priced himself out of what the Bruins want to pay their back-up. Don't understand the "steal" comments though. How much did people think he was going to get? He's proven nothing and sort of had an off-year last year. If he plays really well, he'll get a decent payday next offseason (somewhere else).

Subban as the unquestioned starter for a full year in Providence will be nice to see.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Svedberg was very average in Providence last year and they could have won five more regular season games behind Subban. Cost his team a trip to conference finals in final playoff game against Wilkes-Barre; gave up four straight goals in second period and was taken out too late. But he's here now and that price is right. With a better attitude and behind a better defence he could elevate his game once again.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This is a positive development. Johnson played pretty well last year but I wouldn't bet on it happening again, Svedberg is the more talented goalie and if something serious was to happen to Rask I have more faith in Svedberg then Johnson.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Everyone expected him to sign but saving $400,000 than most of us expected is a nice start to trying to get the other RFAs and Iginla signed. Will be fun to see how he can hold up in the back up role. Also, should be great for Subban to be the fulltime starter down in providence. Nicely done

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Didn't he have a one million contract last year?

Nothing like getting promoted and taking 40% off.

I understand he'll be getting the money, because he's now one-way. It works for everybody. It's just funny to look at.

Nice work, Chia. Well done. Got what we needed.

The pennies are adding up.

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
The cap hit is an added bonus to getting to see what Svedberg can do at the NHL level, and maybe even more importantly what Subban can do if he's the starter for Providence going foreword.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad