Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Krug and Smith (1.4 each)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Ive forgotten about fraser tonight... shame on me cause i feel he is ready for the show

I do think campbell/mcquaid stand out as guys that have some value but ferl too expensive for us

A trade partner i could see is edmonton desperate for both types of guys but need to move petry if they want room for a rh shot dman.

Id give all of bartowski/mcquaid/campbell for petry if edmonton eats a mill for us

I think petry/seidenberg would be one hell of a pairing and there wouldnt be a deeper 1-6 d in the league

Id ask for tyler pitlick too as we need some rh shot guys in the forward group asap

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Ive forgotten about fraser tonight... shame on me cause i feel he is ready for the show

I do think campbell/mcquaid stand out as guys that have some value but ferl too expensive for us

A trade partner i could see is edmonton desperate for both types of guys but need to move petry if they want room for a rh shot dman.

Id give all of bartowski/mcquaid/campbell for petry if edmonton eats a mill for us

I think petry/seidenberg would be one hell of a pairing and there wouldnt be a deeper 1-6 d in the league

Id ask for tyler pitlick too as we need some rh shot guys in the forward group asap
I think Fraser is ready.

Looked very good vs Mtl in preseason

He looks quicker and his shot and release is lethal.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014

I like Petry, and would make that trade as well, though Bart/McQuaid for Petry seems like a downgrade for a team that desperately needs top pairing D-men. I'd have to assume that someone in Edmonton would stop that deal unless they could flip some of that to get what they really need.

member 96824

Agreed actually, if he can't provide a good role for krejci's line then ship him out for a right wing that will fit there

Eventually the return for Kessel will be watered down to 4 7th round picks and a Jones Soda:laugh:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I was going to say the same thing. Michael Ryder-esque. I like Fraser, but let's not expect 25+ goals this season.

It is reasonable to temper expectations but to this point in his career Fraser knows how to score goals.

Players who can score in the AHL don't always bring that to the NHL, but I'd rather see how a goal scorer pans out than stick a guy on the top 9 who can't find the net.

Fraser's AHL goals:

2011-12: 37 goals in 73 games (rookie season)

2012-13: 33 goals in 62 games

2013-14: 20 goals in 44 games

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
[/B]

It is reasonable to temper expectations but to this point in his career Fraser knows how to score goals.

Players who can score in the AHL don't always bring that to the NHL, but I'd rather see how a goal scorer pans out than stick a guy on the top 9 who can't find the net.

Fraser's AHL goals:

2011-12: 37 goals in 73 games (rookie season)

2012-13: 33 goals in 62 games

2013-14: 20 goals in 44 games
He's young too, which is great.

He'll likely see time on the second PP unit.

I can see something like: 22G 17A 39PTS

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
I don't remember commenting on that quote. And I offered a scenario where they had leverage. Pick an argument somewhere else.

Really?

I wasn't picking an argument at all. And unless I've gone crazy, it was you who commented on it. I remember because it is a great quote. You told the person who cited it you loved them or something, and I looked up where it was from cause I dug it too. I'm not going to dig through your posts but I'm sure it's there to be seen.

Don't be such a stick in the mud.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I loved True Detective, so who knows. I have no memory of that quote or commenting on it, let alone the context.

But I was offering a plausible scenario where they would end up with leverage, and you responded with that. Why? You agreeing with me? No. To say, "oh I thought you didn't like hypotheticals."

Not interested. My comment was pretty innocuous, and not really up for debate.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
I loved True Detective, so who knows. I have no memory of that quote or commenting on it, let alone the context.

But I was offering a plausible scenario where they would end up with leverage, and you responded with that. Why? You agreeing with me? No. To say, "oh I thought you didn't like hypotheticals."

Not interested. My comment was pretty innocuous, and not really up for debate.

We're not arguing. I was basically posting solely to bring up a quote that both of us liked, views on situational applicability aside. From True Grit by the way, but agreed that True Detective was great too.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

OMG Yes. Have you seen who the cast is for the upcoming season? I'm kinda baffled by it myself. But who knows, I never would have thought Matthew McConaghahy's (sp?!) character would have been pulled off the way he did it so it could be interesting.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He did use the word possible

But ya, Krug is very good, sometimes great, but superstar is a small handful if players in the league

Karlsson, Letang, and Green really aren't that much bigger than Torey or more durable/physical.

He projects to be an equal to them if we give him the ice time. If it doesn't happen it is likely because we only give him 3rd pairing minutes.

Superstar might not be the appropriate word but Krug is on the level of those 3 offensively. And we got him for peanuts.:handclap:

If there is any chance to extend him below 4 mil per long term you take it.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
i want to see Smith on a line with Krejci and Lucic. Add a different dimension to that line.

Couldn't agree more. Lumping L1 demands on Loui's shoulder sounds like a bad idea. Yeah, Loui makes money, that doesn't mean he has to play L1. The idea is to put guys in a spot where they can best perform.

I'd let Eriksson start out with what he knows with Soderberg. Get a good start. Get in the flow.

It won't happen, though. The Bruins will pass on thinking and just throw him on L1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad