Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Khudobin

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
So they keep Subban in PRO to avoid the expansion draft next year and Liles is a N°6/7? Would that work given his status?

Liles as a 7 on short money isn't a big deal - term & $ will be interesting for both.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Love this signing, but is this the Bruins saying they f'd up with their 1st round selection of Subban?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Love this signing, but is this the Bruins saying they f'd up with their 1st round selection of Subban?

I hated that pick but he could still turn out. This way you can protect him (Subban) from the expansion draft but right now he likely wouldn't get picked.

Subban needs more time in Providence and we need a competent backup.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Good move, good strategy. He played terrific here, hopefully he can take some pressure off Rask again. :) He was a funny guy and pretty popular in the room, IIRC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It also gives them a safety valve when Rask's NMC disappears at the end of this coming season...................

Hey, you never know.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I hated that pick but he could still turn out. This way you can protect him (Subban) from the expansion draft but right now he likely wouldn't get picked.

Subban needs more time in Providence and we need a competent backup.

Do we protect him though?? I thought he will be exposed regardless because he has been a pro for 3 years

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I liked Khudobin as a backup years ago when he was first here. I was a bit disappointed when he went to Carolina to play. Glad to have him back.

Dunno if he's gonna play as well as he did before, but I'd be thrilled if he does.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I hated to see him go. Such a fun goalie to watch. I really like this signing. Smart for a variety of reasons.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Haha. Wow...I was just thinking a while back I'd love to have this guy back. Didn't think bringing him back would take too much effort.

Nice. A pleasant surprise.

Expansion draft wise...worth a shot, but he's going to have to kick butt for that to happen...bet Vegas can find 2 better...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->