Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Karson Kuhlman to 2 Year Contract

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Even if he becomes just an AHL guy, good for him. Having a strong farm team is a good thing.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Think seeing the NCAA pipeline to Boston had anything to do with his decision? Krug, Miller, Acciari, Schaller, Vatrano, Czarnik all undrafted college kids who've seen significant time/roles in Boston just this year.

Sweeney's tapping of the college ranks is reason #1 behind his successful retool of the organization.

Reactions: PB37

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Seems like a guy whose best case is 4th line, maybe 3rd line. All he costs is $$$ and a contract spot. I think one thing we've learned is you can't overpay bottom of the line-up players. The best way to do that is to develop them, so you have them on cheap contracts. If I'm a GM, I'm signing as many fast, defensively responsible college UDFAs as possible. It should give you a sizable pool of players to draw from for your 4th line.
That is a very good point!
Back in the day, if the Bs would have had cheap and adequate replacement for the Campbell and Paille types, maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't have had to deal away Boychuk.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Think seeing the NCAA pipeline to Boston had anything to do with his decision? Krug, Miller, Acciari, Schaller, Vatrano, Czarnik all undrafted college kids who've seen significant time/roles in Boston just this year.

Sweeney's tapping of the college ranks is reason #1 behind his successful retool of the organization.

Well most of those guys weren't brought in by Sweeney I don't think

This guy is the 1st one by Sweeney

hutch22

Jan 10, 2004
Waterville, Maine
Visit site
Captain, NCAA Tournament MVP, 166 consecutive games played, plays the power play and penalty kill, and according to prohockeyrumors, "has a ridiculous work ethic and determined defensive effort". What's not to like as a free agent? Sounds like an 'little urban achiever' to me. You had me at 'patterns his game after Marchand'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad