Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Justin Hickman to an Entry-Level Contract

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=756745

Boston, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, March 4, that the Bruins have signed forward Justin Hickman to an entry-level contract.

Hickman, 20, has spent the previous five campaigns with the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League from 2010 to 2015, establishing career highs last season when he notched 22 goals (tied for fourth on the team), 24 assists (tied for sixth on the team) and 46 points (sixth on the team) with 154 penalty minutes (first on the team). Hickman served as team captain for the last two seasons.

In 31 games for the Seattle Thunderbirds this season, Hickman has potted nine goals and 19 assists for 28 points with a plus-three rating and 40 penalty minutes.
In his WHL career, the 6'3'', 218-pound forward from Kelowna, BC has appeared in 285 games for the Thunderbirds, racking up 55 goals and 77 assists while accruing 466 penalty minutes.

The forward also played five games for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on an ATO (amateur tryout agreement) in 2013-14, where he picked up one goal in five games.

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA
Seriously, what's not to like about a signing like this? Doesn't cost you any assets, if it doesn't work out you can always trade him for something, and Chia has a pretty good track record (Wheeler, Krug) with these free agent signings.

I've been waiting to hear more on some of the college free agents the Bruins were targeting, at least we know they're looking for help everywhere they can find it.

Hordichuk_24

Hickman is a solid player. I always wondered why he wasn't drafted. Especially when I witnessed inferior players being drafted while Hickman rarely received any recognition. Not a lot of weaknesses in his game. Just a solid all around player and a very well liked teammate.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Who else did Seidenberg injure other then Conolly (and himself because iirc last year he just moved a certain way and tore everything in his knee)

Arthur*

:laugh::laugh: and he'll give up 2 second rounders in order for the pick...
Burns-Roster.png

Chiarelli = Burns
Neely = Smithers

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If I remember fight, a few people on this board wanted to see him signed earlier in the season and I think a few teams were after him.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Anyone else notice the moves the Bruins have made recently are for guys with a bit more height and weight.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I know nothing about this kid, but I hope he can f$%king skate because this team needs more speed and less pylons!

Stop with the speed crap. During the cup run they added Peverly and Kelly and changed the speed ratio quickly. I believe Seguin was also on that line.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Love the signing. Captain of his team for last two years brings leadership and character. 6'3 220 brings much needed size and strength. If he works out its one of those under rated moves that come out of no where.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
a right shot with 27 fights in his first 4 seasons of junior... serves as team captain...

screams character/4th line shawn thornton replacement to me

im guessing he will need to work a season or two on learning the pro game at providence before we ever see him in the nhl as most of these types of guys require a few years in the ahl, but the organization definitely has a need for someone like this.

positive move imho... props to chiarelli/and the staff.... I look forward to cheering mr hickman sometime in the future dressed in our black and gold

Hordichuk_24

screams character/4th line shawn thornton replacement to me

Definitely not. Hickman isn't a fighter nor is he anywhere close to as tough as Thornton. Sadly players like that don't exist anymore. Hickman will fight but that isn't his forte. I'd describe him more as a gritty two way player. Your 4th line prediction is probably accurate (anything higher than that at the NHL level would exceed expectations in my opinion).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->