Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign John Moore 5 years 2.75 aav

Muevelo

Apr 7, 2018
Does Grizz have the potential to play on the 2nd pair ? Between Moore and Grizz , hopefully one of those guys can handle 2nd pair minutes next year and the Bruins move Krug ( and a prospect ) for a good forward capable of playing in the top 6 ?
I think he could handle those minutes. Hopefully. But my point is you want to limit Moore. He can be an asset in the offensive zone but in his own Zone he is a complete liability.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why do you have to give the term to depth players constantly.
They aren't guys you overpay.

Chara
Krug
Grzelcyk
Moore
Vaaks
Lauzon
Zboril
Really 3rd pair D-man wasn't a need, and easy to move in a year or 2 is a bad excuse for these signings.

Reactions: UncleRico

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Doesn't provide offense, so if he's not a decent defender how is he still even in the league?

He's a good skater and he can move the puck from his own end to the nz and offensive end. But he's never put up assists at any level. He had one very good year in NJ with goals, but that was an outlier when you look at his JR and minor league career.

He's not bad as a player but I don't see the need for giving him 5 years. He's going to be one of those guys that you're looking to replace after a year or 2.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Chara
Krug
Grzelcyk
Moore
Vaaks
Lauzon
Zboril
Really 3rd pair D-man wasn't a need, and easy to move in a year or 2 is a bad excuse for these signings.

There has to be more to this move. It makes no sense as it stands right now.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Fine but now Gryz is the #7/8?

Not sure I buy that. I’m thinking this could spell Krug for the 2nd line forward they fee they need. That would make more sense to me.

Chara
Krug

Grzelcyk
Moore
Vaaks
Lauzon
Zboril

3 of those guys may never make the NHL.

Chara is 42 and on one year deals moving forward. Next year could easily be his last year.

Torey Krug is a UFA in two seasons

The added term likely got the AAV down, which will be important next year and the year after.

If Moore plays well he's moveable if the young guys do pan out.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
There has to be more to this move. It makes no sense as it stands right now.

Right now there's McQuaid+ one of Griz/Moore on the press box. Makes zero sense, unless Krug moves,even then Moore is nobody to replace Krug.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He's a good skater and he can move the puck from his own end to the nz and offensive end. But he's never put up assists at any level. He had one very good year in NJ with goals, but that was an outlier when you look at his JR and minor league career.

He's not bad as a player but I don't see the need for giving him 5 years. He's going to be one of those guys that you're looking to replace after a year or 2.

Will be movable then, but yeah. Just don't get it unless there is another move coming.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
3 of those guys may never make the NHL.

Chara is 42 and on one year deals moving forward. Next year could easily be his last year.

Torey Krug is a UFA in two seasons

The added term likely got the AAV down, which will be important next year and the year after.

If Moore plays well he's moveable if the young guys do pan out.

Everyone of these types of contracts gets sold with that.

Moore doesn't make the roster better and he takes aeay cap& a spot.
This is such a Sweeney signing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zero sense. Their three top D prospects are LHD. Unless they plan on skating 8 D in the future I'd imagine Krug is going somewhere.
They got two 30 + top 2 centers and nothing ready in back

They have too many D

It looks like there is a move to make

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
True, but his skating game does fit well with what Cassidy is trying to do in the neutral zone. Not a stretch to see him being a fit for the system like Gryz is.

You think Grz will move up to 2nd pairing and Moore dropped to 3rd pairing ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->