Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign John Moore 5 years 2.75 aav

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chara is old school shutdown D and future Hall of Famer.

The rest can move the puck and skate

After Chara
Krug
Moore
McAvoy
Carlo
Grzelcyk
Miller
Vaakanainen
Andersson
Lauzon
Zboril?
Johansson?

Crazy crazy skill and depth

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
For all the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth so many were ****ing about this signing when in fact they never saw much of him. I'm glad to see that DS and company are getting some props for this, almost as much props as negative comments that seem to crop up frequently, even from me regarding their lousy "pro-scouting."

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Love that he can play both sides. Has been very solid. One of Grizz or Krug will not be here next year.

Reactions: Strafer

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I am beginning to love the idea of having both Moore and Carlo on the defense for the next half decade. They're not going to generate a lot of offense, but they are precisely what we need as defenders. Big bodies who are both extremely mobile and make simple plays in the defensive zone.

I wonder if Moore's contract will help with Carlo's extension in the future.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am beginning to love the idea of having both Moore and Carlo on the defense for the next half decade. They're not going to generate a lot of offense, but they are precisely what we need as defenders. Big bodies who are both extremely mobile and make simple plays in the defensive zone.

Interesting last sentence MMB, might very well be a solid comp

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
hoping he and the rest of the back end start contributing offensively soon but I like his game overall thus far
Yeah, I noticed him and his skating last season for NJ but until you really pay attention to his footwork, transition and (don't know what it's called blade work?) but going from shifting his skates back and forth from forward facing to reversing the blades he's incredible, agile and FAST! He's a diamond in the rough, really surprised that he wasn't signed longer term by NJ lst year since they got to see this day in and out from practices to games. Last night was the second time that I've seen him live and he was fun to watch.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, I noticed him and his skating last season for NJ but until you really pay attention to his footwork, transition and (don't know what it's called blade work?) but going from shifting his skates back and forth from forward facing to reversing the blades he's incredible, agile and FAST! He's a diamond in the rough, really surprised that he wasn't signed longer term by NJ lst year since they got to see this day in and out from practices to games. Last night was the second time that I've seen him live and he was fun to watch.

agreed, I honestly never really knew much if anything about him. Can`t recall a game vs the B`s where I noticed him and that`s not a knock on his game. Steady player who, as you stated, has good footwork and edge play, watched on 2 occasions last night where he fooled me, thought he was going to take it up one side, stopped on a dime, fired a pass to the opposite winger.

Nice player, needs to get rewarded with a goal or something soon

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I think both Carlo and Moore are the evolution of the modern defensive D-man. Not going to post a huge pile of points, but big bodies, good long sticks, above-average skaters, make solid first passes like you said.

Sweeney and Co. have had their hiccups on UFA signing day, but I think they got this one right.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I'm pleasantly surprised. Nice job by the pro scouts.

Very smart to target defensemen in their mid to late 20s, just before their prime. 5 year term raised eyebrows, but he'll be 33 at the expiry of the deal.

They bought his prime years for a very reasonable cap hit. Impressive.

Reactions: BMC

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
he has been awesome.
our whole defense looks to be stellar when everyone comes back.

Last nights blueline plus McAvoy should be it. Kampfer or Grizz sit.

I don't really want K Miller replacing anyone who played last night to be brutally honest. Could be a good guy to flip for a 3rd line center someone would be interested in him for the year and next. You likely have to add but probably not too much.

Reactions: BaBaBruins

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Last nights blueline plus McAvoy should be it. Kampfer or Grizz sit.

I don't really want K Miller replacing anyone who played last night to be brutally honest. Could be a good guy to flip for a 3rd line center someone would be interested in him for the year and next. You likely have to add but probably not too much.

I do think Killer has really improved his game in the last two seasons but given his age and what he could possibly get I like the idea but only if it is a can't refuse return.

Kampfer has also been much better than I expected.

Pretty good blueline when Gryz or Kampfer are your 6/7.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Moore was a Seidenberg-like addition IMO. Both guys when they were added had fans like "who?" or "but why?". They play similar games in some respects. Seidenberg was obviously way more physical and Moore is a waaaay better skater, but they both have solid 2-way games and are competent enough in the offensive zone to not kill your cycle game at least.

Reactions: BMC and BigGoalBrad

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I do think Killer has really improved his game in the last two seasons but given his age and what he could possibly get I like the idea but only if it is a can't refuse return.

Kampfer has also been much better than I expected.

Pretty good blueline when Gryz or Kampfer are your 6/7.

Never been a big Miller fan. When all healthy

33-73
47-25
48-27

Kampfer is your 7. Lauzon your 8.

Miller will be here and I like him on the PK but isn’t he clearly the 7th best defensemen?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

33-73
47-25
48-27

Miller will be here and I like him on the PK but isn’t he clearly the 7th best defensemen?

I like Miller and think he's improved a lot over the past 2 seasons. I would put him as the #7 over Kampfer. The above is what I would run with though.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

33-73
47-25
48-27

with the way Grizz is playing it's hard to sit him, but I'll be pretty surprised if Miller sits instead of Grizz. I still think there are scenarios where having Krug and Grizz in the lineup can bite you, but plenty where it's a net gain.

maybe we never see a fully healthy lineup and therefore Cassidy never has to choose.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It's worth noting that before Miller got hurt, the Grzelcyk/Miller pair was getting more minutes than the Moore/Carlo pair. With the way Carlo has stepped up there's no way they sit him but it's not totally crazy to think Moore could be the 7th guy with everyone healthy, at least on some nights.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

33-73
47-25
48-27

I was speaking hypothetically if Bruins dealt Killer by the TDL, although I think Killer is a great guy to have around come playoff time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad