Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign John Moore 5 years 2.75 aav

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Moore at 6'3" paired with Carlo at 6'5" will cover a load of ice. Would also make a nice PK tandem.

he can skate, make a great outlet pass, score some goals, kill some penalties, throw the occasional big hit...turns well on the puck to retrieve. Good team guy.

Has issues with decision making at times, getss a little reckless, could be tougher in front of the net in regards to clearing the crease.

he covers a lot of space when you see him live. He with Carlo will take away lanes with the stick, they won't be a picnic to set up and make plays against. He would also do very well with Killer, and would be a plus matchup vs third lines. I think he can hold his own second pair with BC, and make a good 2nd team PK and occasional PP time if needed.

This is why J.Moore should never be placed in a top four role, unless your in dire need. He's just isn't that good in his own-end, He lacks the hockey sense. Looses his man way to often and gets running around and caught out of position. Moore also seems to succumbs to gravity quite too often as well.

He's a 5-7 NHL defenseman mainly because of his skating ability but he doesn't posses the tools despite having a great tool-box.

Cassidy would be run out of town if he ever played Moore consistently on the 2nd pairing defense. He's a quality depth acquisition , nothing more.

He wasn't signed to play a top 4 role . He was a nice signing of a depth acquisition, who at times will be asked to play a top 4 role in a pinch but he's nothing more than a 5-7 d-man. Considering his age and contract. He was a decent signing for the next 5yrs as a 5-7 NHL defenseman. Which in the past has proven to be a much needed commodity.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Devils fan here:

Well you signed John Moore IMO that's great for the Devils. He scored points for us but wasn't all that good on defense. Most of the Devils fan during the season were calling for him to be benched. He was sometimes.

Good luck with him.

Go Devils

Who was good on that team defensively? When exactly was he benched? was it the one game he missed?

Also, watch him this year, how he plays with actual talented defenders in a better system. You'll be impressed.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This is why J.Moore should never be placed in a top four role, unless your in dire need. He's just isn't that good in his own-end, He lacks the hockey sense. Looses his man way to often and gets running around and caught out of position. Moore also seems to succumbs to gravity quite too often as well.

He's a 5-7 NHL defenseman mainly because of his skating ability but he doesn't posses the tools despite having a great tool-box.

Cassidy would be run out of town if he ever played Moore consistently on the 2nd pairing defense. He's a quality depth acquisition , nothing more.

He wasn't signed to play a top 4 role . He was a nice signing of a depth acquisition, who at times will be asked to play a top 4 role in a pinch but he's nothing more than a 5-7 d-man. Considering his age and contract. He was a decent signing for the next 5yrs as a 5-7 NHL defenseman. Which in the past has proven to be a much needed commodity.

Put him with Carlo and watch him get to the next level. he most certainly can play 2nd pair minutes next to #25. He's better than Krug 5v5, so I'm sorry to disappoint you there. If you do use him with Killer, all the more power to you, one of the best third pairs in the NHL easily.

Reactions: hrdpuk

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Put him with Carlo and watch him get to the next level. he most certainly can play 2nd pair minutes next to #25. He's better than Krug 5v5, so I'm sorry to disappoint you there. If you do use him with Killer, all the more power to you, one of the best third pairs in the NHL easily.

Looking at shots and possession over the course of there careers Krug is a much better player 5x5.

Reactions: Mpasta

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
[QUOTE="LouJersey, post: 147721689, member: 3507"]Put him with Carlo and watch him get to the next level. he most certainly can play 2nd pair minutes next to #25. He's better than Krug 5v5, so I'm sorry to disappoint you there. If you do use him with Killer, all the more power to you, one of the best third pairs in the NHL easily.[/QUOTE]

I so hope your right! But I just don't see it,at least not on a regular basis. I see him as a nice signing at a very reasonable price playing different roles at different times. Basically performing a utility type role, top to bottom.

I know you've watched him live and apparently liked what you've seen from him but from what Ive seen over the yrs, he's always left me wanting/expecting more from him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
[QUOTE="LouJersey, post: 147721689, member: 3507"]Put him with Carlo and watch him get to the next level. he most certainly can play 2nd pair minutes next to #25. He's better than Krug 5v5, so I'm sorry to disappoint you there. If you do use him with Killer, all the more power to you, one of the best third pairs in the NHL easily.

I so hope your right! But I just don't see it,at least not on a regular basis. I see him as a nice signing at a very reasonable price playing different roles at different times. Basically performing a utility type role, top to bottom.

I know you've watched him live and apparently liked what you've seen from him but from what Ive seen over the yrs, he's always left me wanting/expecting more from him.[/QUOTE]

Listen he and krug could be interchangeable. All Bruins D seem to be used quite a bit. I think we haven't seen the best of Moore. Maybe I overestimate the Cassidy and Dean thing, but I see what they did for a guy like Killer and I think Moore is far more skilled.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Listen he and krug could be interchangeable. All Bruins D seem to be used quite a bit. I think we haven't seen the best of Moore. Maybe I overestimate the Cassidy and Dean thing, but I see what they did for a guy like Killer and I think Moore is far more skilled.

Krug offensive IQ is way better than Moore. But to his defense Krug is one of the better offensive defenseman in the game.

Moore maybe more skilled than Miller but doe's he have the hockey sense to improve. Its basically you can lead the camel too water but you can't make him drink it.
I guess we'll see once the season gets underway. Like I said. I hope your right!!!

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Controversy no, but I don’t recall much excitement about Seidenberg. I’d guess not many predicted/ expected he would become the player he became in Boston.

Seidenberg was an excellent defensive dman..Moore isn't .in seides class. Regardless I just don't see why sign this guy to hopefully stabilize the D ?. He has to use his energy to improve the offence. The bruins are playoff team but surely not a true contender so these tweaks really don't excited me..im.actually surprised this thread has over 16 pages at this point..Well I guess the bruins haven't given us much or anything to talk about...Pardon my frustrations but still not over for getting Tavares

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Seidenberg was an excellent defensive dman..Moore isn't .in seides class. Regardless I just don't see why sign this guy to hopefully stabilize the D ?. He has to use his energy to improve the offence. The bruins are playoff team but surely not a true contender so these tweaks really don't excited me..im.actually surprised this thread has over 16 pages at this point..Well I guess the bruins haven't given us much or anything to talk about...Pardon my frustrations but still not over for getting Tavares
I don’t think Bruins are done yet Marco,would like to know what they’re offer was to Tavares,I think Sweeney has acknowledged he definitely wants a top six forward.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I got over the Tavares thing the second he posted that pic of him in his bed in his leaf sheets. He was going there all along, the delay was probably finding the perfect picture in his old photo albums to post on his twitter.

SJ offered him 13 per. Isles offered him more. This evidently was where he was going, not sure why he bothered with the other teams.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Devils fan here:

Well you signed John Moore IMO that's great for the Devils. He scored points for us but wasn't all that good on defense. Most of the Devils fan during the season were calling for him to be benched. He was sometimes.

Good luck with him.

Go Devils
I know one Devils fan and he’s one of our members here (some say best) and he said it was good signing

Also this was a player both Cassidy & Kevin Dean wanted,

He’s a former US-NTDP player and the Bruins have been money

Going to go with that group but nice of you to drop by and by the sounds of it getting off telling us he sucks

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I never thought Tavares was coming here, although it would’ve been beneficial to him if he aspires to win a cup.

I don’t think Moore was brought in to stabilize anything. He’s a 27yr old NHL dman on short money. As many have said, injuries happen, or maybe this is part of another deal? Regardless, Moore signing no reason to get people whining.

McDonagh was the guy to get last trade deadline. Yzerman is a great GM. Hanifin? Sweeney would have to give up the equivalent of Dougie. Carlo +? McAvoy? Pastrnak? Heck no. Chiarelli looking for a puck moving dman, maybe there’s something brewing there?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I never thought Tavares was coming here, although it would’ve been beneficial to him if he aspires to win a cup.

I don’t think Moore was brought in to stabilize anything. He’s a 27yr old NHL dman on short money. As many have said, injuries happen, or maybe this is part of another deal? Regardless, Moore signing no reason to get people whining.

McDonagh was the guy to get last trade deadline. Yzerman is a great GM. Hanifin? Sweeney would have to give up the equivalent of Dougie. Carlo +? McAvoy? Pastrnak? Heck no. Chiarelli looking for a puck moving dman, maybe there’s something brewing there?

I didn’t see any tweet or article from haggerty saying this but someone said haggerty said Boston was talking lucic. If that’s the case and Krug is going to Edmonton, I’d have to hope Edmonton is retaining at least 2 million and klefbom is also included

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I know one Devils fan and he’s one of our members here (some say best) and he said it was good signing

Also this was a player both Cassidy & Kevin Dean wanted,

He’s a former US-NTDP player and the Bruins have been money

Going to go with that group but nice of you to drop by and by the sounds of it getting off telling us he sucks

I’d venture to guess Moore isn’t who they wanted but he fits the description of what they wanted. A mobile left shot defensemen with size. All that talk about koekkoek last year and this offseason made me think that’s the type of guy they were looking for. I racked my brain trying to find others that would fit that profile of a young left shot guy with size who has pedigree but not much experience. Never thought of Moore (I thought of hadyn fluery). But more certainly fits that description. He just lacks the upside koekkoek and fleury would have provided. But similar profiles

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I didn’t see any tweet or article from haggerty saying this but someone said haggerty said Boston was talking lucic. If that’s the case and Krug is going to Edmonton, I’d have to hope Edmonton is retaining at least 2 million and klefbom is also included
Co-worker here says he saw a tweet from Hags. Lucic and Klefbom. Not sure how I feel about that. I’d think a Krug would be included. Anyhow I don’t have a link so I’ll drop the conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->