Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Free Agent Defenseman Wisconsin Captain Frankie Simonelli

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
any relation to the former Boston defenseman by almost the same name?

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Given Chia's track record with these types I'd say there's a 75% chance this guy is contributing nicely in Boston within 3 seasons.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Are they gonna move Tommy Cross's locker to the basement? And give him some insect spray to take care of the cockroach problem while he's down there?

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/simonelli_frankie00.html

2013-14 / Senior Season
Second-team All-Big Ten ... team captain ... named to Big Ten All Tournament Team ... shared the Big Ten lead among defensemen in league games with 15 points on four goals and 11 assists ... posted a career-best six-game point scoring streak earlier this season ... finished the regular season with six goals and 18 points in 34 games ... ranks fourth among Big Ten defensemen in all games scoring ... helped Wisconsin rank fourth in the country in point production from its defense with a 2.53 points-per-game average ... leads the Badgers with 62 blocked shots.

So we got a team captain and PMD who also is good at blocking shots. I'll take it! Torey Krug was a free agent pickup as well. You just never know where talent will come from. ;-) It's like getting a free draft pick in April!

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I watched 3/4 Wisconsin games this winter and he never stood out. That said obviously if the Bruins are interested he must be able to play.

Im very high on McCabe and think he'll transition to the pros well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad