Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Fitzgerald and Johansson

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A credit to the organization that a kid like Ryan, who would have had other opportunities had he waited a few more months, decided to stick around.

As I've stated before, this is not your father's Bruins where they tell tough signs to go practice their yodeling. They work hard to maintain positive relationships with their prospects. Doesn't always work out, but it's a breath of fresh air

Thank God!

Good stuff.

SWEET^^

What this means is that Johansson has an option in his contract to go back to Europe instead of going to Providence next season.

My understanding and belief is he can not receive a part signing bonus while playing in Europe.

So yes, it needs to be renegotiated with no European option or no signing bonus included.

It sounds as though it's just a snag and will be worked out but doubt that it'll be done in time to get him into any action for the Boston Bruins this year, right Dom?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Does this mean his contract just needs to be re-written?

Is it just me, or does this sound like a "You had ONE job!" thing that some lawyer/agent missed....

Can't imagine this actually has consequences, except for maybe the PBruins playoff push...

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Is it just me, or does this sound like a "You had ONE job!" thing that some lawyer/agent missed....

Can't imagine this actually has consequences, except for maybe the PBruins playoff push...

Won't affect Providence as he still has a PTO with them. He's in the lineup today.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
So happy.

Per Kirk: we still have 5 contracts available as these don't count until next year.

Will be interesting to see who out of Bjork, JFK and McAvoy decide to leave school early.

I still don't think the B's will sign any college kids until July 1 if at all.

Excellent news. This sort of thing is Sweeney's strong suit. Good for him.

I'm betting JFK before Charlie. :)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Pleasantly surprised. Don't forget, Fitzy scored 24 goals last year while playing a scrappy two-way game. He's not the fastest dude out there, but he knows where to go and he is smart with the puck. He has a great stick as well as one the better saucer passes in the Bruins prospect pool. Put Fitzy, Bjork and Gabrielle together in Providence when the time is right and let's have some fun.

An excellent plan.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
didn't want to start a new thread, but wondering if anyone has heard anything about johansson to date. we know he had the concussion, but is he skating, is he on the bike, is he even present at camp? thanks for any info.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
didn't want to start a new thread, but wondering if anyone has heard anything about johansson to date. we know he had the concussion, but is he skating, is he on the bike, is he even present at camp? thanks for any info.

....Was the preseason thread/ prospects thread not suitable enough? :laugh: this is gonna confuse people

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad