Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Fallstrom to entry level deal.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Underwhelmed. Why waist a slot in the 50 contract limit. Not really a high end prospect.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Underwhelmed. Why waist a slot in the 50 contract limit. Not really a high end prospect.

So your saying the other current 49 contracts are on high end prospects and NHL'ers? They aren't and can't all be high end.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

It does not count yet as he is not playing, him and the others, Subban, Camara will not count this year if they go to Providence and sign a ATO contract for this year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That deal also netted us Seidenberg and Bartkowski when they flipped Weller, Bitz and a 1st to Florida. It is also the last thread in the Joe Thornton deal (trickle down).

Trade was: Chuck Kobasew for Craig Weller, 2011 2nd (Koko) and Fallstrom.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Mark Divver tweet:

Alex Fallstrom, signed yesterday by @NHLBruins out of Harvard, will be in lineup in Providence today for first game as a pro.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not sure if this guy has any chance but he's obviously been playing close by at Harvard so they've seen him play and want to get a look at him in Providence.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
That deal also netted us Seidenberg and Bartkowski when they flipped Weller, Bitz and a 1st to Florida. It is also the last thread in the Joe Thornton deal (trickle down).

Trade was: Chuck Kobasew for Craig Weller, 2011 2nd (Koko) and Fallstrom.

That is some good asset management. Wasn't Chia just looking to dump salary with Kobasew?

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
From everything I've seen and everything I've read about Fallstrom he reminds me A LOT of PJ Axelsson, who was one of my favorite Bruins.

Hard worker, really REALLY high hockey IQ, good skater.

Uses his body and has a little more touch then PJ.

Could be a really good shut down winger with flashes of offensive potential. Adding him into the signed prospect pool along with Knight, Spooner, Khokhlachev, Camara, plus Payne & Griffith on the way gives us a really deep pool of forwards with a good mix of skill sets.

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
my complaints with fallstrom (beyond that he's from a crap institution) follow:

- his top-end speed is pretty laborious
- his release isn't awful but his shots are neither precise nor quick

he reminds me of a smaller byron bitz in ways, and he'd do well to have the guy from the superior ivy's career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad