Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign F Kenny Agostino

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Agostino played well last season when he was called up and I am even a little disappointed the Blues didn't retain him if they could have. He's a solid player and definetly worthy of a top-9 role. Good signing by you guys.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Beleskey-Spooner-Vatrano
Agostino-Kuraly-Accairi
Nash

I've met him before. Nice kid. I thought he was a Flyers or Rags fan from what I remember but did like my Bruins hat. Maybe he remembered that and it swayed him.

:handclap::handclap: Great third line! For the first time in a long time I feel as though they're gonna create headaches for opponents right away. Less deadweight, more young muscle and speed. Agostino gets a chance to shine in a full time NHL gig. I like it more than some washed up old plug. If they want/need an older vet they can wait 'till the season or the TD but at least now we have a #1 d-man in McAvoy, Chara, Carlo and the other kid(s) coming up and the meanness of Mquaid and Killer on the blueline. I feel as though Killer is hopefully gonna come into his own and have a big year (hopefully injury free) and maybe they can find a nice fit for DK's left wing.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
:handclap::handclap: Great third line! For the first time in a long time I feel as though they're gonna create headaches for opponents right away. Less deadweight, more young muscle and speed. Agostino gets a chance to shine in a full time NHL gig. I like it more than some washed up old plug. If they want/need an older vet they can wait 'till the season or the TD but at least now we have a #1 d-man in McAvoy, Chara, Carlo and the other kid(s) coming up and the meanness of Mquaid and Killer on the blueline. I feel as though Killer is hopefully gonna come into his own and have a big year (hopefully injury free) and maybe they can find a nice fit for DK's left wing.
"Great" should not be used to describe any line with Beleskey on it.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I think Beleskey is gonna roar back into form this season.

No evidence... But I loved him in his first season with us. Think he can get back there again.

Last season was an abnormality for him.
Hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. I found his play offensive at times last year, without even taking his near $4M cap hit into consideration. Jimmy freakin' Hayes looked better a lot of the time.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
It's a bit of a gamble but why not? He only costs you 850k on his 1-way contract.

Upside he has a Benoit Pouliot type of year for the Bruins. That would be a welcome boost to our scoring.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think Beleskey is gonna roar back into form this season.

No evidence... But I loved him in his first season with us. Think he can get back there again.

Last season was an abnormality for him.

man do i hope your right, I was big time on his side in year one, loved his game, last year not at all. I know he never got on track with injuries but even with that in mind, he looked absolutely nothing like the guy that played the year before

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Agostino and Vatrano..maybe get a little Italian connection goin, a little Mario and Luigi.

As a fellow Italian, welcome to Boston. Maybe you, me n Frankie can go out for a pizza sometime.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
man do i hope your right, I was big time on his side in year one, loved his game, last year not at all. I know he never got on track with injuries but even with that in mind, he looked absolutely nothing like the guy that played the year before

It was so hard to watch... I kept waiting for him to snap the **** out of it.

I have to have confidence he will. Even when he wasn't scoring goals in the NHL, he was ALWAYS a high energy guy who loved to push the pace of the game. And he was always effective at doing so. I can't believe that juice has been drained... Not yet.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It was so hard to watch... I kept waiting for him to snap the **** out of it.

I have to have confidence he will. Even when he wasn't scoring goals in the NHL, he was ALWAYS a high energy guy who loved to push the pace of the game. And he was always effective at doing so. I can't believe that juice has been drained... Not yet.

Agreed and his game in his first year presented just that, not a check left unfinished, great hustle, solid pursuit game and had his highest point output as a pro, dropped the mitts here and there, was a solid first season. Last year, ugg. I`ll keep all fingers/toes crossed we see year 1 Beleskey

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agreed and his game in his first year presented just that, not a check left unfinished, great hustle, solid pursuit game and had his highest point output as a pro, dropped the mitts here and there, was a solid first season. Last year, ugg. I`ll keep all fingers/toes crossed we see year 1 Beleskey

Not to take away from this Kenny Agostino thread: Re. Beleskey, I don't see why not. He's a proud professional and I really doubt that he would want to be thought of in a negative light. We haven't much of a choice anyway in that nobody will take him without a sweetener so he's going to get a long chance at (re)finding his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->