Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign F Kenny Agostino

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
25 year old LW; 6'; 202lbs

Assets:
Has pretty good size and very good speed, and he plays an up-tempo game. Can score at lower levels and displays a sound two-way approach to the game.
Flaws:
The jury is still out on his ability to produce consistent offense at the highest level. Also, he needs to better utilize his size in order to keep opponents honest.
Career Potential:
Speedy depth winger.

http://sportsforecaster.com/nhl/player/8361

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
really like this signing.

This is what I wanna see, smart, cheap, under the radar kind of guys. Depth...and maybe you find a guy on the verge of having a breakout season. It's better than having a bidding war on some of the not so impressive 'higher end' free agents out there.

Pass on the trash Donny and lets see what Debrusk and Bjork can do.

Agositno has put up good numbers wherever he has played, have no problems seeing what he can do.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues fan here. I truly believe this could be one of the steals of the offseason.

He only played 7 games for us last year, but he looked good. Scored 3 points but consistently created offense and was a boost to our team when we had a bunch of injuries.

There's little doubt in my mind he's at least a 3rd-line scoring winger. Could potentially fill in on the 2nd line at times even, we'll see. But the bottom line is he's way too good for the AHL.

I wish we could have kept him and given him more of a chance but we have kind of a log jam. I'm telling you, he can play and should be a solid addition for that price.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Some info I got talking to posters on the Blues board. Sounds solid enough:

He killed in the AHL. We brought him up a couple of times and he generated offensive chances every game I watched him in. Honestly I wasn't sure why he was sent back down, I thought he earned more a look at the NHL level. His defensive game left a little to desired but I wouldn't say he was bad.

Hope he does well with the Bruins.:handclap:

He has skill and intelligence and I wish the Blues had given him more of a chance, but he just doesn't appear to do any one thing well enough. It's possible he takes the next step, but from what I saw, he's one of those tweeners who can probably stick on a middle line of a bad team or a skill-oriented 4th line, but isn't suited for a high energy/checking style 4th line.

He's good. He can shoot the puck, create offense, fine skater, and isn't really soft either. There's nothing about his game, aside from learning more of the defensive side which every player has to do, that looked bad.

Easily can play a middle 6 role, IMO.

We have a lot of LW depth, so I would say that was the biggest factor in preventing him being a regular in the lineup. Based on the few games he played that I watched, I would say he can be a regular NHL'er. He has good offensive instincts, skates well and has a pretty good wrist shot. He loves to join the rush and plays with a lot of enthusiasm. One thing I didn't like was his disinterest in defensive play. When the play went the other way he didn't seem in a hurry to get back. He didn't pick up his man and didn't do any back checking. He really needs to work on his defensive game. Just my observations based on a very limited viewing, so keep that in mind. I hope this helps.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
So another left shot winger?

I'm not going to complain. He's not a kid. Same age as Acciari. You're getting a mature player at least. 4 years of college. 3 years of pro.

Bottom-6 scoring depth, which is something I think they have lacked. Sounds like he might be able to step up in the lineup as well. Something I have no confidence of Schaller/Nash/Acciari/Kuraly doing. Again though, I just listed 4 players who are idealy never above the 4th line. Getting kind of crowded down there.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What we don't have any prospects?

I'll leave quitely now. :laugh:

Why not, give it a spin.

This is young somewhat talented and hungry depth to challenge the prospects, not block them.

I like this deal, have no difference in some ancient former Superstar who would come here and expect to be treated like the star he was a half decade ago

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Love this. Even if he stinks, this is the type of depth signing a team like the Bruins should be making. Next to no risk, potentially high reward with that contract. If he's no good, cut him/demote him and you've lost next to nothing. He could be a solid bridge to the prospects, or he could be good enough to make a few of them expendable.

All of this with the caveat that I'm hoping he's not the crown jewel of the offseason.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Love this. Even if he stinks, this is the type of depth signing a team like the Bruins should be making. Next to no risk, potentially high reward with that contract. If he's no good, cut him/demote him and you've lost next to nothing. He could be a solid bridge to the prospects, or he could be good enough to make a few of them expendable.

All of this with the caveat that I'm hoping he's not the crown jewel of the offseason.

Great post but i don't think DS going to spend in FA at least not overspend but still think he still might pull a trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad