Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign F Danton Heinen

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
In the DU games I have watched this year, Heinen has played a lot of RW, but he and Gambrell seemed pretty interchangeable with Moore playing LW. Heinen also appeared to be taking nearly all the draws on the left hand side of the ice.

He seems to be able to play all three F positions.

Btw, he was -1 with a high sticking penalty last night in his first AHL appearance. Wasn't at game so no idea how comfortable he looked?

Questions for you and others who have seen much more of him than I have if you don`t mind?

Total shock if he were a kid that CJ and his crew can`t send down next season as he shows the chops to play at the NHL level? I know it`s tough to answer but thought I`d ask

Thanks

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Questions for you and others who have seen much more of him than I have if you don`t mind?

Total shock if he were a kid that CJ and his crew can`t send down next season as he shows the chops to play at the NHL level? I know it`s tough to answer but thought I`d ask

Thanks

Too hard to tell at this point for me.

He seems like a very cerebral player, good in all 3 zones, can score and a very good passer. Not physical, but doesn't shy away from the dirty areas either. Always seems to be in the passing lanes and creates a lot of TO's in the offensive zone. I would not be stunned if he stuck with the big club because he seems like a kid that can provide some offense, but that Clode will love. At the same time, he may need some time in the A before making any impact in the NHL.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

Thanks
Total shock? No. Kid has Top 6 ability.

I'd be mildly surprised, though. I think he needs at least a couple of months in Providence.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Total shock? No. Kid has Top 6 ability.

I'd be mildly surprised, though. I think he needs at least a couple of months in Providence.

Thx Mike, I`m typically not one who is in any rush to push a kid along too quickly unlike some here (not you). I just haven`t seen him play any other time than the frozen four a few weeks ago

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

He seems like a very cerebral player, good in all 3 zones, can score and a very good passer. Not physical, but doesn't shy away from the dirty areas either. Always seems to be in the passing lanes and creates a lot of TO's in the offensive zone. I would not be stunned if he stuck with the big club because he seems like a kid that can provide some offense, but that Clode will love. At the same time, he may need some time in the A before making any impact in the NHL.

Sounds a lot like the LW/RW vet that's on his way out of Boston.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sounds a lot like the LW/RW vet that's on his way out of Boston.

The couple games I caught this year that sounds about right- though Heinen seemed to have a bigger frame (maybe just viewing him next to college players) and was real strong on face offs. He had great vision on the ice

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Thanks for the feedback, sounds alot like JFK`s game who I was able to watch a bit more (think I was able to catch 4 games), can`t see everything from my view on the couch but loved the kid`s maturity in all 3 zones

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sounds like Heinen is versatile, which is a good thing.

But whatever wing he plays, he needs to be on the wing he is most comfortable at.

If that's RW then fine.

But if it's not, then he needs to be on the LW, regardless of the fact there may be less competition on the right-side.

Making and adjusting to the NHL is hard enough for a young player. Doing it while also having to compensate for playing the wing they are less comfortable with is even harder.

To me Heinen is a LW until proven otherwise. The fact he could play all 3 forward positions at the NCAA level is inconsequential.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
I think we need to lower expectations and comparisons. If we get a poor mans Loui out of him I'll be pleased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad