Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign F Danton Heinen

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I just could see the head lines now.... Cheers! With Danton Heinen in Boston "Heineken" can happen.....We will all drink to this!!

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Great news! I saw some of his games on TV this spring: smart, skilled, strong, agile and very competitive. I think he is the best prospect in the organization.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Glad it got done.

Lots of good NCAA talent in the ranks going forward, especially if they can land Vesey in August.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Very hopeful of him doing well. Look forward to him becoming a member of the post Bergeron core.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
We're truly developing a LOT of competition for camp next year. Debrusk, Heinen, Vatrano, among others.

Really hoping they bring in a college coach to completely flip this team upside down.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
We're truly developing a LOT of competition for camp next year. Debrusk, Heinen, Vatrano, among others.

Really hoping they bring in a college coach to completely flip this team upside down.

DeBrusk probably is at least a year away. Solid year in the WHL this year, but he's still 19 years old & probably not NHL-ready. I expect him in the lineup in fall 2018 after one more year in the WHL & one in the AHL.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
DeBrusk probably is at least a year away. Solid year in the WHL this year, but he's still 19 years old & probably not NHL-ready. I expect him in the lineup in fall 2018 after one more year in the WHL & one in the AHL.

It depends on how the B's want to handle it, but DeBrusk has played two years in the WHL where he had a major role (unlike Senyshyn). DeBrusk turns 20 in October, so he is eligible to play in PRO if the B's think he's learned all he can in Junior.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
It depends on how the B's want to handle it, but DeBrusk has played two years in the WHL where he had a major role (unlike Senyshyn). DeBrusk turns 20 in October, so he is eligible to play in PRO if the B's think he's learned all he can in Junior.
No reason for Debrusk to stay in juniors, bring him to the AHL so he can grow the physical aspects of his game.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Probably true, but he will wear a spoked B before the other two #1 picks... but not before Connor wears a Jets jersey :(.

edit: but, yeah, I expect him in Providence not the W next season.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Probably true, but he will wear a spoked B before the other two #1 picks... but not before Connor wears a Jets jersey :(.

edit: but, yeah, I expect him in Providence not the W next season.

It has been mentioned that Connor did not interview well with the B's, and that B's
Mngmt had the impression he did not want to be in Boston. With everything they had
just gone through with Hamilton, there was no way in hell they would draft Connor.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

I find it hard to believe he'll go back to Juniors if he's eligible to play in the AHL.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

There's plenty of examples of 1st year players making teams out of camp.

Not saying if he will or won't, but his prescence along with Senyshyn/Heinen/Vatrano/et al means there will be plenty of competition there, which is never a bad thing.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I believe Heinen has been playing wing this year at Denver. And Griffith has AHL experience at that position.

In the DU games I have watched this year, Heinen has played a lot of RW, but he and Gambrell seemed pretty interchangeable with Moore playing LW. Heinen also appeared to be taking nearly all the draws on the left hand side of the ice.

He seems to be able to play all three F positions.

Btw, he was -1 with a high sticking penalty last night in his first AHL appearance. Wasn't at game so no idea how comfortable he looked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad