Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign F Danton Heinen

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
You guys want a good laugh? Go look at the responses to the first tweet the Bruins put out on signing Heinen. I promise if you look at them in a no serious light they'll be hilarious.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only had the chance to watch him in the Frozen Four, seems like a solid player but not nearly enough viewings to comment more than that

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Phew!!!! Now not getting Vesey isn't a big deal to me. Don't know why though.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Only had the chance to watch him in the Frozen Four, seems like a solid player but not nearly enough viewings to comment more than that
Won't wow you with his speed or size, but he's very smart, and has tremendous hands. He's been something of a playmaking center at UD, but I don't see any reason why he can't play the wing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Won't wow you with his speed or size, but he's very smart, and has tremendous hands. He's been something of a playmaking center at UD, but I don't see any reason why he can't play the wing.

Thx for the info Mike

In that only game I got to see him play (loss), much like JFK, he seemed to be in the right spot at the right times, never appeared to be chasing the game.

Again, only was able to watch that one game with him, had the chance to watch JFK about 3-4 times this year and kind of developed a man crush on his maturity and overall game

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
For what it's worth, Denver coach Jim Montgomery says Heinen's two best traits are his Hockey IQ, and his hands. He's compared Heinen's hands to those of Johnny Gaudreau, who Montgomery coached in the USHL with Dubuque.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

In the few videos I've seen he kinda looks big.... and like an Eric Staal type skater.... obviously not as big as Staal but thats in limited viewing kind of what popped into my head when watching him. Happy to have him signed and excited to see what he can do

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
In the few videos I've seen he kinda looks big.... and like an Eric Staal type skater.... obviously not as big as Staal but thats in limited viewing kind of what popped into my head when watching him. Happy to have him signed and excited to see what he can do
Denver lists him at 6-1, 186. He needs to pack on a few pounds.

Part of the reason he wasn't highly thought of in his draft year was he was considered small and skinny. Since then, he's had a bit of a growth spurt, and has added about 20 pounds to his frame.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Heinen gained probably about 10-15 pounds from my viewings between freshman and sophomore years in the games I saw live. It made a noticeable difference in puck possession and board battles. He could definitely use a bit more for the pro game but he's going to be a guy like Krejci who sits at about 190-200 probably never more.

This signing plus the possible addition of Vesey makes the loss of Eriksson sting less.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Terrific news... I believe he was the one a lot of us were up in arms about - he wasn't ranked on any prospect list, some random kid going to college, 4th round pick. Wasn't exactly a big deal because it was a 4th round pick, but it was weird considering a lot of guys from the 3rd round/some from the 2nd drop that far.

Had an AMAZING rookie year, and a terrific sophomore campaign this year as well. Really came out of no where. I've only seen him play a few times but I haven't heard a single negative thing about him. He'll probably be around in camp for a lot of next year, very possible he makes the team if everything goes as planned. If not, he'll tear up the AHL a la Vatrano and get called up mid-season. Can't wait to see how he progresses... Real diamond in the rough. Awesome news.

I've got multiple people on twitter telling me it's a dumb signing because "it's a three year deal for a kid who has no NHL experience and will play in the AHL next year"

I don't think they know how prospects work.

This is my favorite part of Twitter. "SIGN STAMKOS" "TRADE CHARA KEVIN MILLAR AND KELLY FOR OVECHKIN"

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I've got multiple people on twitter telling me it's a dumb signing because "it's a three year deal for a kid who has no NHL experience and will play in the AHL next year"

I don't think they know how prospects work.

Saw those in Twitter too. They don't know how the entry level contracts go. They're just not informed.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Saw those in Twitter too. They don't know how the entry level contracts go. They're just not informed.

See I made the mistake of trying to inform one of the people that didn't know how they worked. I got a lot of DM's in all caps with colourful language and a couple of people siding with said uninformed. I was genuinely trying to be nice and it blew up in my face. Last time I do that, hahaha

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Heinen gained probably about 10-15 pounds from my viewings between freshman and sophomore years in the games I saw live. It made a noticeable difference in puck possession and board battles. He could definitely use a bit more for the pro game but he's going to be a guy like Krejci who sits at about 190-200 probably never more.

This signing plus the possible addition of Vesey makes the loss of Eriksson sting less.

i probably haven't seen heinen as much as you, but his game actually reminds me of eriksson.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
See I made the mistake of trying to inform one of the people that didn't know how they worked. I got a lot of DM's in all caps with colourful language and a couple of people siding with said uninformed. I was genuinely trying to be nice and it blew up in my face. Last time I do that, hahaha

Arguments on Twitter are like the Bruins power play. They start off hot but then you realize that they're a waste of 2 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad