Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign college free agent Noel Acciari

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Nice signing, would rather see a guy like this get some ice time in providence over random older ECHLer's who aren't really part of the organization and probably won't be part of the future bruins.

Who knows maybe he could develop nicely, I like that we are making attempts to rebuild and develop 4th line/depth guys. I love Paille-Campbell-Thornton, but it was time to move on and work on developing depth from within, part of that is having a variety of guys to audition for those roles.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Is it just me or is he the spitting image of Spooner? :laugh:

hqdefault.jpg

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good move this guy plays bigger than he is nice hands for a 3rd liner will fit our 4th line well when called upon in a pinch we need a couple more guys who are somewhat close to NHL level but aren't scorers like Spooner or Griffith or Koko and ineffective at NHL level when they aren't putting points on the board.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I love this signing. That being said, im still waiting for the Bs to sign some elite prospect which high offensive upside. So far theyre mostly grinders.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I like the devastating hitter comment and never hurts to take a chance on a player especially one that is good defensively and brings truculence- being local adds to it

Love to hear what Garbagd Goal thinks- posted as I was typing but GG give me the breakdown

I'm a poseur who only started regularly following Friar and college hockey when Lehman came from Union and took over.

That said, I've seen Acciari play since he was a freshman and have always loved his game as opposed to Jankowski who's supposed to be the stud. He is a tremendous board battler and usually comes out with the puck. It'll be interesting to see if he maintains that ability when he hits the pros. He's also a shifty skater and stickhandler. I can't say I think he'll be an NHL'er yet, but he won't be overmatched in the AHL and we'll go from there.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Loved watching him at PC. Tons of heart, game consistently improved over the years, and hits like a freight train. Not a high end skilled forward but if his game continues to improve could carve out a nice spot on the 4th line (maybe 3rd). Good motor and can get some goals in dirty areas. Friars played a very defensive oriented system so a lack of eye popping numbers is expected to me. As many have said though the kid can flat out lay some beautiful body checks.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Depth, Depth, Depth

You can never have too much of it!

Another no risk, decent reward signing who has a truck load of heart, the same determination and more then just a bit of skill.

Lets see how he transitions to the AHL and perhaps a bottom 6 role down the line.

I really like what our FO is doing.

Yes. And me too.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
23 years old
Center
5'11

Looks like he had a solid, but unspectacular college career at PC. Maybe he'll be a fourth line contender with some of the other pickups we've gotten of late but he definitely looks like he'll be a good asset for the P-Bruins. At least he won't have to go far!

23 Years old, when did he graduate?:huh:
I didn't see any examples of his hitting prowess in this video.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Great and all, but look at the teams in the Cup, Toews, Kane, Stamkos, high end guys, sure this guy is a nice filler but until this team has some real high end game changing talent they will be middle of the road for a few years to come.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

There seems to be some confusion as to his B-day. Elite Prospects has him at 23, born in March of 92 but hockeydb says he's 24, born in April of 91.

Last edited:

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA

This year he just graduated. Ironically enough I also graduated when I was 23, just a late bday within my class. He had one more year of eligibility left though because he red shirted. I don't know about the video but ask anyone who has followed PC hockey about his hitting prowess and they'll tell you he easily was one of the biggest hitter on the team. Seeing him night in and night out as a season ticket holder at PC I'm excited for him to get this chance. I'm not a scout or anything so who knows how his game will translate at the next level but I hope he can develop into a solid bottom 6 player in this organization. His hits were a treat to watch at Schneider Arena and hopefully he'll carry that to the Dunk and one day the Garden.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Dude wanted to stick around in the lovely city that is Providence. I like the idea of a big hitter on the fourth line in the future.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Robins was a devasting hitter too...

He didn't last long. Gotta bring more.

I get that he's a baby B for the time being, just saying...

Seems like a good developmental pick-up.

I like hearing that he likes to play in front of the net, the most.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Great and all, but look at the teams in the Cup, Toews, Kane, Stamkos, high end guys, sure this guy is a nice filler but until this team has some real high end game changing talent they will be middle of the road for a few years to come.

Well if you're expecting the Bruins to sign a Toews/Kane/Stamkos as a free agent in late May/early June, you'll probably be waiting a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->