Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign college free agent Noel Acciari

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
As PC fan and someone who watched a lot of him in college happy with this low risk signing, get his some reps in Providence and could see him being on the fourth line in a year or two. Especially if cam and Sweeney want that bruins rough and tumble game this is a guy that would be good for the fourth line. Can absolutely lay people out

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
23 years old
Center
5'11

Looks like he had a solid, but unspectacular college career at PC. Maybe he'll be a fourth line contender with some of the other pickups we've gotten of late but he definitely looks like he'll be a good asset for the P-Bruins. At least he won't have to go far!

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Likely just a Providence Bruins player, but I at least like to see them bringing in CHEAP guys as potential replacements for the 4th line, and have them fight it out. Kemppainen, Acciari, Ferlin, Talbot, etc all cheap and can fight it out for 4th line minutes. Allows them to free up cap elsewhere (such as finally trading Kelly) to shore up necessary issues on the backend. Doing what they should have been doing for awhile.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yes, and as Mark Divver notes:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver 3m3 minutes ago

Have watched Noel Acciari grow from pretty much 60-foot player -- O zone -- at Bishop Hendricken to 200-ft player & devastating hitter at PC

I like to see this. As much as I loved Thornton when he was playing well, he didn't know how to throw a body check to save his life. I want guys that can skate AND hit on the Bottom 3.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
I like to see this. As much as I loved Thornton when he was playing well, he didn't know how to throw a body check to save his life. I want guys that can skate AND hit on the Bottom 3.

Well he hits like a tractor trailer coming through the neutral zone so you will b happy there

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Looks like he had a solid, but unspectacular college career at PC.

He really came on in his final year as a captain. 31 points in his last 28 games including PPG in the NCAA tournament. Providence play a very structured "NHL" type system so he shouldn't take much time to adjust to the pro game... I think you guys got a good one that could top out as a feisty 3rd line C or RW. He's a faceoff winner too... 13/16 on the dot in the championship game against Jack Eichel and co.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He really came on in his final year. 31 points in his last 28 games including PPG in the NCAA tournament. Providence play a very structured "NHL" type system so he shouldn't take much time to adjust to the pro game... I think you guys got a good one that could top out as a feisty 3rd line C or RW. He's a faceoff winner too... 13/16 on the dot in the championship game against Jack Eichel and co.

That's awesome, thanks for the extra info. I'm curious to see how he looks in camp!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Good Rhode Island boy.....love it!

doncherry_471.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like the devastating hitter comment and never hurts to take a chance on a player especially one that is good defensively and brings truculence- being local adds to it

Love to hear what Garbagd Goal thinks- posted as I was typing but GG give me the breakdown

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Depth, Depth, Depth

You can never have too much of it!

Another no risk, decent reward signing who has a truck load of heart, the same determination and more then just a bit of skill.

Lets see how he transitions to the AHL and perhaps a bottom 6 role down the line.

I really like what our FO is doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad