http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=714101

Stats:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123314

Brian+Ferlin+2011+NHL+Entry+Draft+Portraits+SxZ11WwYHnQl.jpg

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Good news.

Glad we didn't wait til next season and I'm glad we have a big bodied winger like this in the system. But judging from the stat sheets (I only got to watch him once or twice) he was rather average in college. Hopefully his game translates well to the pro level.

PrisonMike

Nov 26, 2007
McKinney,TX
Good news.

Glad we didn't wait til next season and I'm glad we have a big bodied winger like this in the system. But judging from the stat sheets (I only got to watch him once or twice) he was rather average in college. Hopefully his game translates well to the pro level.

He had some injury issues his freshman season. His game defiantly translates better to the NHL than college.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
A right winger has the best opportunity out of any position to make the Bruins next season. Not saying it's likely, but it's great that they signed him now and will give him every opportunity to make it.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Awesome. I wonder if he'll see any ice time in the final 2 games this season.

I believe that burns a year off his ELC so I'd like to avoid that.

I wonder what his numbers would have looked like on a more talented team, Ferlin had 13 goals this year, 2nd on the team was a defenseman with 8 then three forwards with 7. Probably another guy who slides in ahead of Jared Knight on the depth chart, I wonder how much longer Jared has in the organization.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I wonder what his numbers would have looked like on a more talented team, Ferlin had 13 goals this year, 2nd on the team was a defenseman with 8 then three forwards with 7. Probably another guy who slides in ahead of Jared Knight on the depth chart, I wonder how much longer Jared has in the organization.

Knowing Chiarelli, that might be part of the deal.

I'm excited. I really like this kid and he could turn out to be something special with some good development and a little luck. 6'2, 200+ lbs, if he puts it together he'll be a fan favorite.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Was hoping he'd get a game to be eligible for the HF HOF this summer and get on the Bruins imaginary lines. Atleast We won't have to worry about Cassidy not developing him next year

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good move for him to finish his semester and be closer to his degree but to come out after 3 years hes much better off in Providence next year.

Probably better than Caron right away but its the same kind of player/prospect. Bottom 6 guy who might not be great but fits our system.

Should be a prime candidate for a spot on our fourth line soon as we move on from any of the Merlot line.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Was hoping he'd get a game to be eligible for the HF HOF this summer and get on the Bruins imaginary lines. Atleast We won't have to worry about Cassidy not developing him next year

sounds like you're hiding some info. PM me, big guy

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Knowing Chiarelli, that might be part of the deal.

I'm excited. I really like this kid and he could turn out to be something special with some good development and a little luck. 6'2, 200+ lbs, if he puts it together he'll be a fan favorite.

It's more typical to see guys signed and go directly to the pros and burn off a year of the ELC when they are FA's and not draft picks.

B's seemed to really like him based on what we saw in Behind the B's.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Lot to pass up then last month if your premise is true.

Just sayin'

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

sounds like you're hiding some info. PM me, big guy

Lot to pass up then last month if your premise is true.

Just sayin'

Really curious as to what's happening here...

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
^ Hope that means Cassidy is getting the boot and not Knight. Would love to see them keep both pure RW's down at Prov.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
^ Hope that means Cassidy is getting the boot and not Knight. Would love to see them keep both pure RW's down at Prov.

My 'educated' guess is if Cassidy is not back. I'm not sure they are as happy as let on. He may do well developing defenseman but looking at the big picture no. Cassidy could make a deep run and be in demand for some NHL position similar to Doug Houda, or Boston just wants to move on. Knight will be fine - at least one team ain't buying what has happened to him and I'm sure there will be more. I would like him here but if he goes somewhere else gets to play RW and get minutes I'll be glad for him. I have seen him a lot and I see the skills- It would be pretty funny watching him be a Bruins type of player on another team. The good news is he got a lot of special teams time last week the bad news is with all these RW and Cassidy I can't see him playing like he should unless Sweeney strongly suggests he play him- but this wouldn't be a precedent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad