Post-Game Talk: Bruins shut out 2-0 by Colorado

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Im not worried the slightest bit. Bartkowski will be called up soon and then the real bruins offense will be on display. Just gotta be patient.

Called up, I was sure he`s up already, just hasn`t dressed?

Not worried either, hey, would ya rather be in the position the Sabres/Rags are in??? Things can always be worse fans, speak to me at about the 20-30 game point, that`s where I generally have a semi-reasonable feel for what this team is after various newbies get acquainted with the system and their teammates

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was in a miserable mood and this game ( along with my A's losing) did not help. Watched my teams both play on the same night and so ZERO offense. Anyway...

- Thought the first unit powerplay looked REALY good. No puck luck.

- Torey Krug is really ****ing good.

- Doug Hamilton had a mediocre night in his end, but a good night on the offensive end. In my opinion, when he has a night like that he deserves a night off. We have an NHL ready player sitting in the press box. An off night gets you a suit and a seat. If I'm honest, I'd sit McQuaid.

- David Krejci is playing as well as I've ever seen.

- Lucic is not.

- Neither is Eriksson.

- Or Marchand.

- Or Bergeron.

- We have a lot of passengers up front right now. We are getting almost nothing from 4 of the 6 top 6 forwards.

- The 3rd line looks great. Chris Kelly looks totally different than a year ago.

- Tuukka was awesome.

- We got no puck luck.

- And it's game 3.

Love Quaider, but I really love speed, and this team could do well having Bart in there, have 3 pairings with at least one quick puck mover on it

Not sure there are any passengers, way too early for me to say that, I thought the first period was a pure case of too much time off between games which I anticipated, biggest issue last night was nobody going to the net, night way too easy for Giggy

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No he wasn't.

I was at the game and one of the guys next to me said he didn't even know Ericsson was playing until he drew a penalty....

And it was hard to argue the point.

I honestly didn't see him until the half way mark of period two.

It's game three. They'll figure it out. Even though things are clearly a work in progress I thought after the first period they carried play for the most part. Credit to giguere and the team in front of him, cuz as good as Boston was the Avs were a few steps better.

I love our defense and new look power plays though. There are times when I wonder "iginla why the hell did you shoot?" But aside from that I think it's great and they should have success on the man advantage. They've been moving Chara down low often, which is refreshing. Either sit him during the pp or leave him in the crease, where I thought he made a couple really nice plays with his reach.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Actually almost forgot, a couple disgraceful embellishments last night from both sides. I don't care what the other team does so much, but the Bruins need to cut that garbage out of their game asap

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
gotta get spooner in there. we need his speed bigtime.
we are lacking creative plays. krejci is the only one creating offense out there 5 on 5. He seems to have stepped his game up this year.

michelin man got the shutout, but he wasnt really tested hard. The caron chance was good, but caron was in to close for that kind of shot.

4 on 3 was brutal. Chara shoudlve been in front of the net. poor decisions there.

on to columbus sat.

See how it goes.
Cam is not a patient man, and if these lines still arent showing anything after the Det game, I say we see spooner up here. and louii will be off the bergeron line.

We do not need Ryan Spooner at all.

:shakehead:help:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Actually almost forgot, a couple disgraceful embellishments last night from both sides. I don't care what the other team does so much, but the Bruins need to cut that garbage out of their game asap

Agreed. That was a weak ass display. Not very happy to see that going on. Loui needs to get a talking to about how this team conducts itself.

Last edited:

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I know it is only the 3rd game of the season but I feel like Caron has outplayed.. Eriksson, so far? Little worried but meh, I think he'll be fine. :help:

I agree ,I have not seen much from Erikson to this point but lets see if we see a better Erikson after ten games or so. I like what i am seeing from Caron hope he continues to play this well.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
not worried. new key player on both top lines this year it will take a little time to gel. Since this is a full season we have a little more breathing room as point's are not at a premium.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Ever think Brad Marchand is the one throwing off the 2nd line? He and Bergy had to cover for Seguin's lack of defensive ability for over 2 seasons and now you bring in Loui who is a complete, two way player and can take away the extra responsibilities from them and Marchy just hasn't adjusted yet because it's 3 games in?

You keep the line together and they will work it out. People need to relax big time.

Lost in the Lucic incident was the fact that Krejci dropped his gloves and was adamant about fighting until he had to be pushed away by the refs and Iggy. He NEVER does this so you know it had to be really bad. Looch was a different kind of pissed last night. He was screaming at Landeskog in the box.

The 3rd line was the best line again. A lot of great passing that lead to some great chances. I want to see Smith settle down just a bit. He was jittery last night. Kelly is a best. Love my Cage:) Excellent on the PK and showed why he is our second best PKer behind Bergy. Caron with another solid game with another chance. I would like to see him use his body more. He had a chance to make a solid, clean check in the near corner from me and let up leading to the puck being cleared. He makes the check and it pins the guy and creates another opportunity.

4th line had their best game of the season. Thornton was flying. He and Paille have crazy chemistry. The alleyoop pass is beautiful.

Tuukka was awesome. Saved their butts.

Boychuk, Seids and Krug were the best defensemen. Bad game for Quaider and an ok game for Z and Dougie.

3 games in. We will be fine.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
we need his speed. we are a slow ass team right now.
soderberg and spooner should be in. caron and smith press box.

Exactly. Team speed is an issue and the Bruin Brass will need to deal with this.
Top line is slow. Krejci is good but not that quick.
Loui and Bergy are no speed demons
Third line is slow.
Thornton on the fourth line is an issue for speed.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
If people are going to pile on Eriksson then they must pile on Lucic, Bergeron and Marchand.

Eriksson was better than all of them tonight.

-------------
I disagree on this. Erickson had a half season, LONG vacation during summer and should be more energise (which I don't see) - I don't see a physical presence, neither a Seguin speed, and does not fit up to now on the Bergeron line. I have nothing against a swap Erickson and Inginla and /or a swap of Caron with Erikson!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ever think Brad Marchand is the one throwing off the 2nd line? He and Bergy had to cover for Seguin's lack of defensive ability for over 2 seasons and now you bring in Loui who is a complete, two way player and can take away the extra responsibilities from them and Marchy just hasn't adjusted yet because it's 3 games in?

You keep the line together and they will work it out. People need to relax big time.

Lost in the Lucic incident was the fact that Krejci dropped his gloves and was adamant about fighting until he had to be pushed away by the refs and Iggy. He NEVER does this so you know it had to be really bad. Looch was a different kind of pissed last night. He was screaming at Landeskog in the box.

The 3rd line was the best line again. A lot of great passing that lead to some great chances. I want to see Smith settle down just a bit. He was jittery last night. Kelly is a best. Love my Cage:) Excellent on the PK and showed why he is our second best PKer behind Bergy. Caron with another solid game with another chance. I would like to see him use his body more. He had a chance to make a solid, clean check in the near corner from me and let up leading to the puck being cleared. He makes the check and it pins the guy and creates another opportunity.

4th line had their best game of the season. Thornton was flying. He and Paille have crazy chemistry. The alleyoop pass is beautiful.

Tuukka was awesome. Saved their butts.

Boychuk, Seids and Krug were the best defensemen. Bad game for Quaider and an ok game for Z and Dougie.

3 games in. We will be fine.

I didn't notice that Krejci had his gloves off. That's both awesome and hilarious to me.

Never thought about the possibility of Marchand throwing off the 2nd line. Then again, Bergeron didn't look like himself last night either. Really the only player in the top 6 that did was Krejci. Iginla had a few ok plays but it's a big gap between Krejci and Iginla, and another huge gap down to the rest of the top 6.

I don't think there's anything to be concerned about though. Too much skill on this team and too much leadership.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
gotta get spooner in there. we need his speed bigtime.
we are lacking creative plays. krejci is the only one creating offense out there 5 on 5. He seems to have stepped his game up this year.

michelin man got the shutout, but he wasnt really tested hard. The caron chance was good, but caron was in to close for that kind of shot.

4 on 3 was brutal. Chara shoudlve been in front of the net. poor decisions there.

on to columbus sat.

See how it goes.
Cam is not a patient man, and if these lines still arent showing anything after the Det game, I say we see spooner up here. and louii will be off the bergeron line.

-----------
DK has space. And he needs it to perform. He is playing big time. Best forward up to now.
Bergeron's line has no space. Last year Seguin was forcing Opponent D to back up a bit, up to now, Erickson and the two fellows don't seem to understand themselves. They need time and / or need to be separated.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I disagree. I think it's Bergeron who's throwing that line off right now. His timing isn't there because he didn't have much of a training camp due to trying to heal from his late season injuries from last year. Throw in trying to get used to a new RW, and that's why the line seems like it's off, IMO. If anything, I'd say Marchand is the only player on that line who's played a consistent game in the first 3. Loui's been up and down (and last night he was really down), but Bergeron hasn't been anywhere near his usual self so far. I'm fine with giving it time, but my fear is that this line has too many of the same types of player. Sometimes having a guy who brings a different skill set to a line than his line mates can change the dynamic dramatically.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

-----
It is also a way to equalize a penalty given to a player.

Erickson, is the one that comes out to mind.

He took an embellishment penalty I disagree with.

Got hook, than working their feet for the puck, got trip by the Av's player.

Embellishment is ok - but sometimes I feel it is just a way to penalize and equalize the penalty.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I disagree. I think it's Bergeron who's throwing that line off right now. His timing isn't there because he didn't have much of a training camp due to trying to heal from his late season injuries from last year. Throw in trying to get used to a new RW, and that's why the line seems like it's off, IMO. If anything, I'd say Marchand is the only player on that line who's played a consistent game in the first 3. Loui's been up and down (and last night he was really down), but Bergeron hasn't been anywhere near his usual self so far. I'm fine with giving it time, but my fear is that this line has too many of the same types of player. Sometimes having a guy who brings a different skill set to a line than his line mates can change the dynamic dramatically.

-----
Good post.

Might be also right.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Agreed, but Marchand has to be better than that.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
-----

Embellishment is ok - but sometimes I feel it is just a way to penalize and equalize the penalty.

yeah- that was a bad call on louii.
the krejci flop ( that created the 4 0n 3 pp) shouldve been called. but wasnt. that was embarrassing.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

That is why I would like to see

Lucic - Krejci - Louie
Mashy - Bergy - Iggy

I like putting a power foward on both of the top two lines instead of putting both on the top line. Spread it out so every line has someone that hits (lucic/Iggy), someone with a great D game (Bergy/Louie) and someone that can create (Krejci/Marchand - create in different ways)

edit - however I would give them a little more time to gel before changing it up since we are three games in.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Agreed. That was a weak ass display. Not very happy to see that going on. Loui needs to get a talking to about how this team conducts itself.

I thought the replay showed his skate got kicked and he put a hand down on the ice. I thought it was a bad call. Krecji on the other hand did a full spin that looked much worse to me.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
-----

I don't think it's ever ok. Snapping your head back quickly when you take a stick to the face is instinct, you can't stop that. Helping along a legitimate hooking call by leaping into a 360 that Tanya Harding would be proud of is a joke, and that's exactly what Krejci did last night.

EDIT: What happened to skating THROUGH contact to make a play? If you get tripped then you get tripped, but falling just for the heck of it is a disgrace.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Exactly. Team speed is an issue and the Bruin Brass will need to deal with this.
Top line is slow. Krejci is good but not that quick.
Loui and Bergy are no speed demons
Third line is slow.
Thornton on the fourth line is an issue for speed.

-----------
It is tha same point address since 2010 or so. They had a SC ring with Recchi on the Bergeron line and a SC final with Seguin on the Bergey line. For the rest it is quite the same roster, with more speed on D.

Av's is a fast and speedy team. They won because their keeper played awesome. Bruins were the best team for the second and third period.

Speed is not an issue here. Bruins are viewed as a top team running for SC with the players you are pretending are slow. I disagree with your post and More....

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I don't think it's ever ok. Snapping your head back quickly when you take a stick to the face is instinct, you can't stop that. Helping along a legitimate hooking call by leaping into a 360 that Tanya Harding would be proud of is a joke, and that's exactly what Krejci did last night.

EDIT: What happened to skating THROUGH contact to make a play? If you get tripped then you get tripped, but falling just for the heck of it is a disgrace.

I agree and that Krejci move was bad. Not what I like to see from the Bruins.

Still think diving should be a double minor.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
-----------
It is tha same point address since 2010 or so. They had a SC ring with Recchi on the Bergeron line and a SC final with Seguin on the Bergey line. For the rest it is quite the same roster, with more speed on D.

Av's is a fast and speedy team. They won because their keeper played awesome. Bruins were the best team for the second and third period.

Speed is not an issue here. Bruins are viewed as a top team running for SC with the players you are pretending are slow. I disagree with your post and More....

don't forget the Bruins hit 3 posts in the first period. It was a very very close game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->