Post-Game Talk: Bruins shut out 2-0 by Colorado

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I know it is only the 3rd game of the season but I feel like Caron has outplayed.. Eriksson, so far? Little worried but meh, I think he'll be fine. :help:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The game aside, my once dormant hate for that team is back. Putting one of the biggest DB's in NHL history behind the bench has certainly helped speed up the process.

Couldn't agree more, he wreaks of "creep."

Are you really saying that 3 games into an 82 game season? Really?

Unbelievable isn't it?!?!:shakehead

But isn't making that judgment *at this point* (game 3) itself premature?:huh:
Aaaah YES!:nod:

sometimes you just run into a hot goalie time to get ready for Sat

And there it is! THIRTY NINE shots on him. It was just that kind of night. The B's had it over them for most of the game IMHO but they were just snake bit tonight. Simple as that. Louie doesn't look up to speed yet but it is VERY early and this will change, guaranteed. They need to make tweaks along the way and will be back stronger than ever.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'll say it agiam. Riley Smith has shown me nothing that says he should be on this team. If Soderberg is ready, throw Caron on the right, not ideal, but Smith is invisible.

I missed tonight but smith was impressive thus far.
A friend told me Lucic amd chara went nuts on some Avs? What happened?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I missed tonight but smith was impressive thus far.
A friend told me Lucic amd chara went nuts on some Avs? What happened?

I saw the latter half but was in the bathroom for the cause of it, not really to sure either. I walked in the room and Looch's helmet was off and he was up in Landeskog's grill pushing him back to the boards. Landy must have said something or sumthin.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
Erikkson has to pick it up. Guy came in with huge expectations and had to play up to the level Seguin has/will and so far he's been a dud.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I was in a miserable mood and this game ( along with my A's losing) did not help. Watched my teams both play on the same night and so ZERO offense. Anyway...

- Thought the first unit powerplay looked REALY good. No puck luck.

- Torey Krug is really ****ing good.

- Doug Hamilton had a mediocre night in his end, but a good night on the offensive end. In my opinion, when he has a night like that he deserves a night off. We have an NHL ready player sitting in the press box. An off night gets you a suit and a seat. If I'm honest, I'd sit McQuaid.

- David Krejci is playing as well as I've ever seen.

- Lucic is not.

- Neither is Eriksson.

- Or Marchand.

- Or Bergeron.

- We have a lot of passengers up front right now. We are getting almost nothing from 4 of the 6 top 6 forwards.

- The 3rd line looks great. Chris Kelly looks totally different than a year ago.

- Tuukka was awesome.

- We got no puck luck.

- And it's game 3.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
Have floated much lately but the Debbie downer crowd has me jumping...

Loui and Iggy: Iggy is further ahead in learning his linemates which I expected. Loui has looked better in being in 'his' game. Both need a larger sample size.

-team overall showed layover that. Expecting a strong performance Saturday to make up for it.

-Krug has looked good but his weak points are weak points. They need to make sure his linemates can assist with in zone bodies to help quicken the turn around. Otherwise, he has been stellar

- Dougie wasn't bad but he had 1-2 shifts I would have reamed him for. He needs to start committing to the NHL game.

-Marchand wasn't sharp. I wouldn't be surprise if he's a bit sick because it was mostly a thinking/timing.

-3rd line continued to look good but not as good. A few really nice chances. I hope this is Caron coming into his own.

-Colorado is a real team once again. I like their build and effort. They'll hit road bumps but they'll make a strong showing overall. They looked especially good tonight because we failed to generate 2nd chances on shots- something we must do.

-overall, we need guys to gel more and really be ready to pay the down and dirty game more.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
Getting shut out at home is completely unacceptable, there is no excuse for that, especially after having a long break in between games to rest. We should have at least get a point.

I'm really concerned about the scoring. Seems like we lack creativity, we just cycle it to the D-men who fire slapshots and hope one of them sneaks through.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Getting shut out at home is completely unacceptable, there is no excuse for that, especially after having a long break in between games to rest. We should have at least get a point.

I'm really concerned about the scoring. Seems like we lack creativity, we just cycle it to the D-men who fire slapshots and hope one of them sneaks through.

Did you actually watch the game? On any other night, B's easily could have had 6 goals. Giguere made at least a half dozen ridiculous saves and another half dozen banged off him that he didn't even see. Sometimes you have to give the goalie credit. Or I guess you could over react and say that a team that has gone to the Stanley cup finals 2 of the last 3 years has no creativity or scoring.:help:

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
If people are going to pile on Eriksson then they must pile on Lucic, Bergeron and Marchand.

Eriksson was better than all of them tonight.

No he wasn't.

I was at the game and one of the guys next to me said he didn't even know Ericsson was playing until he drew a penalty....

And it was hard to argue the point.

Burnaby_Joe*

You guys took over in the 2nd and 3rd for sure. Giggy is the reason we won. I don't think you guys played bad, Giggy just played better. Man, Lucic has a temper, I wouldn't want to piss him off :badidea:

Juliet Papa Golf

Jun 24, 2013
Meh! Their 'tender played a ****ing blinder last night. With the amount of shots on goal the B's had and the way the Avs sat back they could have walked that like 3-1 on another day. As for Iginla and Loui, Rome wasn't built a day, you've gotta give these guys time to settle.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Erikkson has to pick it up. Guy came in with huge expectations and had to play up to the level Seguin has/will and so far he's been a dud.

Huge expectations?? Maybe here, betcha Claude/Chia and Cam aren`t sitting with half the panic of those here

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Meh! Their 'tender played a ****ing blinder last night. With the amount of shots on goal the B's had and the way the Avs sat back they could have walked that like 3-1 on another day. As for Iginla and Loui, Rome wasn't built a day, you've gotta give these guys time to settle.

Reason...it`s still present here:handclap:

Coors9

Jan 13, 2006
NF, Canada
If Thomas played last night for Roy we could have had at least 5 goals. Just came up on a hot pipe protector, move on .

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Im not worried the slightest bit. Bartkowski will be called up soon and then the real bruins offense will be on display. Just gotta be patient.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
gotta get spooner in there. we need his speed bigtime.
we are lacking creative plays. krejci is the only one creating offense out there 5 on 5. He seems to have stepped his game up this year.

michelin man got the shutout, but he wasnt really tested hard. The caron chance was good, but caron was in to close for that kind of shot.

4 on 3 was brutal. Chara shoudlve been in front of the net. poor decisions there.

on to columbus sat.

See how it goes.
Cam is not a patient man, and if these lines still arent showing anything after the Det game, I say we see spooner up here. and louii will be off the bergeron line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad