Post-Game Talk: Bruins shut out 2-0 by Colorado

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well Iginla is known for slow starts-and I still think it takes at least 10 to 20 games to settle into the system.

I think Marchand looking pretty awful isn't helping the Bergeron line any. Marchand just seems off-tonight he seemed slow.

Paille however was flying and played well. He surprised the defense a few times with his speed but the Bruins just couldn't score.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That 4 on 3 was disappointing, didn't like the strategy - should have planted Z up front.

I think they wanted Z up high in case a puck got through.

I think a 4 on 3 PP is tough and the advantage goes more to the PK team because its usually easier to clear the puck out. Bruins actually sustained pretty good pressure in the 4 on 3 and got some good shots but Giguere did his brick wall impression.

acr*

Well Iginla is known for slow starts-and I still think it takes at least 10 to 20 games to settle into the system.

I think Marchand looking pretty awful isn't helping the Bergeron line any. Marchand just seems off-tonight he seemed slow.

Paille however was flying and played well. He surprised the defense a few times with his speed but the Bruins just couldn't score.
At least Iggy looks like he's on the same page as Krejci/Lucic. They're making plays and skating well. Unlike Eriksson, who looks all kinds of out of sync with Marchand and Bergy.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Tough game. Stumped by a backup again. Tough game but life goes on. Chemistry on the top two lines is still coming, they always start a little slow. Start slow, red-hot stretch, ice-cold end. That's Bruins hockey. The best is yet to come. 2-1 isn't too bad for a start either.

Really hope Yeti is ready to go soon. That 3rd line has looked good, have a feeling he'll give a huge boost to it.

Really like the emergence of Krug and Dougie on defence. Krug had a really great game, real good saves on him. Hamilton had a really nice two-way game going, loads of great pinches and kept the puck in the zone numerous times. Couple of turnovers when he was outnumbered in the defensive zone, but he looked comfortable defensively. Not sure how we're going to fit Bart in, but we have to. I'd cycle McQuaid out first to give Bart a look.
Krug has been our best player thus far in my opinion. I agree, it is time for Bartkowski to play.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
For people that want to take out McQuaid for Bart (not sold on this but I find the idea interesting), what pairings would you go with? I'm not in favor of playing two of the three together, so I think I'd go with something like:

Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seidenberg
Krug-Boychuk

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Bring back Seguin and Horton! They know how to score on a consistent basis.

Seguin had a red-hot start last season! You don't see that from either of them! I say we trade Iggy and Loui for Yandle.

He only had 1 point in his first 4. Didn't really have a hot stretch through the entire season just looking at game logs.

From my perspective, it looks like Iginla is fitting in. We all watch the game from a difference perspective though. Iginla is hitting, involved physically, and generating chances. Eriksson is solid. Don't get me wrong. I just haven't seen anything through the 5 games I've watched that would indicate he's a game beaker in the mold of Bergeron or Krejci (two-way force). He's a guy....... A top-6 guy with an active stick. Maybe I should be more impressed by that?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The game aside, my once dormant hate for that team is back. Putting one of the biggest DB's in NHL history behind the bench has certainly helped speed up the process.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I'll say it agiam. Riley Smith has shown me nothing that says he should be on this team. If Soderberg is ready, throw Caron on the right, not ideal, but Smith is invisible.

He has made some good plays but he gives the puck away a lot...at least tonight he did...I lost count after the first 5...

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
We got shutout by the michelin man and that horrid colorado defense?
Wtf.
We need some threats on this team. We have no speed anymore.
Only 3 games but so far only krejci and krug have been threats.

I agree with others.
Time for a bart mcquaid swap. Get some speed and mobilty in there.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I only care with what Loui and Iggy do in April/May/hopefully June. Then and only then will we know if it was worth it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He only had 1 point in his first 4. Didn't really have a hot stretch through the entire season just looking at game logs.

From my perspective, it looks like Iginla is fitting in. We all watch the game from a difference perspective though. Iginla is hitting, involved physically, and generating chances. Eriksson is solid. Don't get me wrong. I just haven't seen anything through the 5 games I've watched that would indicate he's a game beaker in the mold of Bergeron or Krejci (two-way force). He's a guy....... A top-6 guy with an active stick. Maybe I should be more impressed by that?

Haha, my whole post was sarcasm. Forgot the :sarcasm:.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Id also like spooner in there.
Put him on a line with louii and kelly.
Then put yeti with march and bergie

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Do you really think Seguin was going to hustle back and stop the ENG by Duchesne??

I don't get why people say stuff like this. There's a difference between physicality/toughness and hustle. You can question Seguin's physicality and toughness (as he was weak in both of those areas) but you absolutely could not question his hustle. He had so many backchecks here where he came back and dove to break up plays. Since he left people just want to paint him as a guy that was lazy, and that's just not the case.

This isn't any type of comment on the trade; it's just frustrating to see people resort to mudslinging for no reason.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Jagr played on 17 different line combos leading up to the playoffs, scored what? One goal from the trade deadline until the playoffs? Then, laid an egg in the goal scoring dept thereafter. Dude was still a god here.

Meanwhile, Iggy and Eriksson are busts after 3 games.

Ok..

Three games, folks.

Christ, man.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Got brick walled by the posts :)laugh:) and a goalie on a mission. Overall we outplayed that team and didn't really have the schedule on our side the past week. We'll get some puck luck on Satteyday. :)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm not happy that we lost but it's the 3rd game of the damn season!

Landeskog had to have either said or done something because (Noted Tough Guy David) Krejci dropped the gloves and wanted to fight and that NEVER happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad