Proposal: Bruins should try Schaller on LD

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
He's big, great defensively, shoots left and is a former defenseman.
We only have Krug and Chara that shoot left. We're deep at C.
I think is something the Bruins should seriously give a try at camp.
Discuss.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
With Nash and Acciari pretty much penciled in for the 4th line, and Agostino, DeBrusk and Vatrano competing for upper level line assignments, there's a reduced opportunity for Schaller to claim a roster spot.

I too, am curious as to how much time he has played defense. With that versatility, why, we could have a Brett Burns or Dustin Byfuglien on our hands. :)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When was the last time he really played on D though? Just because he's a left shot doesn't mean this is a good idea.

I think it was his freshman year with Providence ( played with Acciari when they were both Friars ). Schaller actually won HE defensive forward of the year as a senior.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Seems like theres plenty of Schaller types on LHD already. If this was a player I thought could contribute in the top four maybe id think differently, but this seems like an unnecessary switch.

Not to mention moving to D and losing one more year of development at forward wouldn't be ideal for the player. Something Sweeney would undoubtedly consider.

Chara
Krug
K Miller
O'Gara
Grizz

I see no one on that list that he would beat out.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Discuss.

He's pretty good in my SIM league at it (on my team), so yes I have no issues with him there as a tryout.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
With Nash and Acciari pretty much penciled in for the 4th line, and Agostino, DeBrusk and Vatrano competing for upper level line assignments, there's a reduced opportunity for Schaller to claim a roster spot.

I too, am curious as to how much time he has played defense. With that versatility, why, we could have a Brett Burns or Dustin Byfuglien on our hands. :)

Sure. Even a Red Kelly or Dit Clapper.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Discuss.

No defensive prospects to graduate?

Chara
Krug
Carlo
MCavoy
Mcquaid
Miller

And throw in a kid for 7.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Discuss.

if schaller is capable of playing nhl quality defense, someone really screwed up converting him into a 4th line grinder

if we are looking for lfs dmen that are marginal nhl players, they are easy to find

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I really want less of Schaller this season...dont go past 4th line. Like him as a 4th liner, dont like him higher up.

I am very high on O'Gara, I think he is ready. Excited to see what happens.

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
it would be good for the organization in the capacity that if it were a home game i and i'm sure many others would be scrambling to buy tickets to see it in person

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
The year is 2008. Thread title: The Bruins should try Pj Axelsson on D.

Doesn't happen. Won't happen. No sense for it to happen. You can sign a bargain bin UFA that would be at worst as good.

Please no one respond to me with a comparison to Byfuglien. Steve Montador is what we'd be looking at. And again, those players are all over the place

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I really want less of Schaller this season...dont go past 4th line. Like him as a 4th liner, dont like him higher up.

I am very high on O'Gara, I think he is ready. Excited to see what happens.

Thrilled to have Schaller as the 13th forward. He's perfect for it. Just like Postma is perfect for the 7th D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->