Rumor: Bruins shopping Jake DeBrusk

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Marchessault + McNabb for Debrusk +

Gives them a physical top 4 LD & a right handed scoring winger for just 7.5m so they have space to get another LD and a UFA like Hoffman.

I am guessing the + from the Bruins would need to be significant as Marchessault has outproduced DeBrusk and McNabb is a solid defenseman -- but this is one of the few proposals I have seen in this thread that I think the Bruins would actually consider.
Maybe the B's add in Vaakanainen, Lauzon, or Zboril plus a pick to even the deal out?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I am guessing the + from the Bruins would need to be significant as Marchessault has outproduced DeBrusk and McNabb is a solid defenseman -- but this is one of the few proposals I have seen in this thread that I think the Bruins would actually consider.
Maybe the B's add in Vaakanainen, Lauzon, or Zboril plus a pick to even the deal out?

you are correct sir. 25g/60pts across 75 games average so far on vegas
Debrusk,Vaakanainen 1st for marsh and mcnabb seems ok

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
This looks to be another Dougie Hamilton moment for the Bruins. Bye, Bye Debrusk.

The Bruins need to add to their top 6- Not subtract from it.

The only thing I don't like are the reports of what JDB is trying to get AAV (I've read 5 mil per in some places).

Sweeney has done very well with his RFAs. I'm sure he'll get things done here as well.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Me neither. It's odd to see him out there unless this is another one of Neely's his 'won't buy in' guys.

I think the Oilers have young assets that would be of interest.
DeBrusk buys in, he's hell on wheels most nights and gets punished a lot for it. Im surprised they want to move him, but i guess they wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't seeing what was out there for him.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
i can see Bruins thinking they are signing Hall, deciding to trade Debrusk for a dman, Hall has a change of heart and signs elsewhere. Bruins stuck with massive holes in both wing positions on line 2.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Debrusk for Nurse is the deal with Edm no less no more. That is contingent on Hall signing with Boston

Oiler fans feel (rightly) that a #3 offensive D-man like Nurse isn't dealt straight across for a winger. I'd have to say Bruins add. Not sure what would be the "+" though.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Think they will be looking at Hall for sure if they are moving this kid...Otherwise it really doesnt make sense as so many Bruins fans have said....A sniper like Hall on the 2nd line would be pretty bad for the east

This.

If they really think Hall is a serious plan for the Bruins 2nd line then you can move DeBrusk.

What about combining threads and just taking the 14th overall (which Jake was drafted at) and Puljajaarvi for DeBrusk and a Bruins Prospect?

This is assuming Hall is indeed the Bruins target.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
DeBrusk buys in, he's hell on wheels most nights and gets punished a lot for it. Im surprised they want to move him, but i guess they wouldn't be doing their job if they weren't seeing what was out there for him.

Or if they were confidant that Bobby Orr's client was indeed going to sign in Boston to take Jake's spot on the 2nd line LW...

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
The Flyers better be all over this--I love DeBrusk.

Flyers here.

PASS. We already have over-congestion of Mid 6 talent. Need to move out one of JVR or Voracek in hopes of upgrading forwards.

Konecny, Farabee, Frost, Lindblom, and, oh yeah, PATRICK are plenty of youth especially considering the Flyers KNOW Konecny, Farabee, Lindblom, and Patrick are NHL-ready.

Bruins are trying to shed salary and not take it on otherwise I'd gladly move Voracek for Debrusk.

And Flyguys are NOT moving defensemen...yet. Provorov, Sanheim, and Myers are pretty much untouchable for me. Ghost can be given away at this point in my mind. Hagg is serviceable. And we're only a year or two from Cam York joining the ranks

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This.

If they really think Hall is a serious plan for the Bruins 2nd line then you can move DeBrusk.

What about combining threads and just taking the 14th overall (which Jake was drafted at) and Puljajaarvi for DeBrusk and a Bruins Prospect?

This is assuming Hall is indeed the Bruins target.
What about not doing that. The 14th overall doesn’t always turn out and your adding essentially a bust to the deal. I’d be happy to puljajjarvi added to a package but he’s not much of an add at this point. I’m not sure why we would then add

Reactions: Coach Parker

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
2RW has been our need for like 5 seasons now. Top 4 LD probs aswell if Krug leaves.
Or picks, I dont know what Sweeney is thinking right now.
The problem with trading DeBrusk to fix the hole at no. 2 RW is that it would create just as big of a hole at no. 2 LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->