Rumor: Bruins - Sharks

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Thornton and a 3rd for Backes

JJ is on his last leg while David can still play for a few more years.
I still wouldn’t make this trade.

This is absurd even as a joke proposal and you're lying saying you wouldn't make that trade to get out of Backes' last year.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yep and the Sharks asset management is the exact reason why we won’t give a young top line forward for B level prospects, late firsts, and cap dumps.
Yes it is! Exactly why we wont give you a top line forward for your bottom six prospects

Yeah. I never did see a match with Meier but I'd love him on the bruins.

I myself would be willing to give up some major assets for Meier but it just doesn't make sense for Wilson to trade him.

Reactions: Gecklund

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Why the hell would SJ trade Meier for anything less than a fortune ?

Look at their UFA-to-be, and perhaps some 'around 30-ish' guys on contracts, not those they'll use to rebuild with.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Sharks fans want no deal, I guess the team is doing great and the future looks amazing. Bruins cannot draft but seem to be in the top every year, funny dat.

PS- Meier was never going to happen unless it was for a ransom. More like Kane or Thornton and both are of no need. Bad rumors lead to all this.

Bruins need one of or two of Kreider, Toffoli, Anderson or Palmieri. They are legit rumors there.

May as well end this thread.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Sharks fans want no deal, I guess the team is doing great and the future looks amazing.

PS- Meier was never going to happen unless it was for a ransom. More like Kane or Thornton and both are of no need. Bad rumors lead to all this.
Yes. SJ should take whatever low-ball offer devoid of prospects with decent top six potential for their only under 25 top six forward because they're bad this year. Sorry for being so ignorant.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks fans want no deal, I guess the team is doing great and the future looks amazing. Bruins cannot draft but seem to be in the top every year, funny dat.

Bruins need one of or two of Kreider, Toffoli, Anderson or Palmieri. They are legit rumors there.

May as well end this thread.

It's not that Sharks fans don't want a deal. It's that they don't want a deal where they get the short end of the stick based on the dumbass assumption that they need to make a deal and thus can be bent over. That's not going to happen. Most are open to hearing out proposals for any of their players but they're not going to respond well to scrap trades. You're basically advocating for Boston to throw out proposals like Montreal fans did with Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd. Sorry, for someone like Meier, that sort of offer is crap.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yes. SJ should take whatever low-ball offer devoid of prospects with decent top six potential for their only under 25 top six forward because they're bad this year. Sorry for being so ignorant.

Where did I say Meier for peanuts, speak about ignorance. I actually mentioned he was not the obtainable one. I think it is Kane or Thornton but this has gotten too toxic and no deal can happen here.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Over the last three seasons (I'll exclude Meier's 6 point rookie year):

MeierDeBrusk
Games215191
Goals6961
Goals/G0.320.32
Points139119
Points/G0.650.62
TOI/G16:1515:32
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lets just say as an offensive contributor and goal scorer, he's on basically on par with Meier. Same age, same draft, similar path. Personally I think Jake is a more natural goal scorer and he lives in the dirty areas, even if he's not a guy who throws his weight around. I don't have a problem with someone saying Meier has more value. Perfectly reasonable. I think a lot of Bruins fans are basing their offers based on what they would expect to get for DeBrusk if traded today. I don't think that's unreasonable either. It would certainly take something significant to even begin listening.

Okay. Would you take a late first and Kynazev or Gambrell for Debrusk? Because that's what is essentially being offered for Meier.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Kane isn't available for peanuts either
You mean the guy that has run out of two teams and is being investigated right now. You want to keep him go ahead, I want no part of that clown and his room killing me me vibe

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Where did I say Meier for peanuts, speak about ignorance. I actually mentioned he was not the obtainable one. I think it is Kane or Thornton but this has gotten too toxic and no deal can happen here.

You know what contributes to that toxicity? When you say that Sharks fans want no deal and you guess the team is doing great and has a great future. You want to lessen the toxicity, stop condescending to other team's fans and maybe they won't respond with such vitriol because you kind of deserve it when you say crap like that.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You mean the guy that has run out of two teams and is being investigated right now. You want to keep him go ahead, I want no part of that clown and his room killing me me vibe

The Sharks will because he's done his job here and won't trade him for pennies on the dollar just because you don't like him. He also didn't run out on two teams. Just more lazy misrepresenting of things on your part.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Thornton may be the only deal here, never said Meier. Not sure where Thornton plays though, not a good fit. Kane has a lot of baggage and is expensive it would be a big trade chip coming back to them. Sharks need an infusion of youth and Bruins need a 2nd line winger. Not sure where the deal is and it looks like a dead end. Do not listen to a Toronto writer and his lack of knowledge on the Bruins Depth and talent. They cannot draft and develop players but remain a top team for the last 10 yrs, ok.

Last edited:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Thornton may be the only deal here, never said Meier. Not sure where Thornton plays though, not a good fit. Kane has a lot of baggage and is expensive it would be a big trade chip coming back to them. Sharks need an infusion of youth and Bruins need a 2nd line winger. Not sure where the deal is and it looks like a dead end.
No interest in Lebanc?
There's also room to do a deal around Backes

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Thornton may be the only deal here, never said Meier. Not sure where Thornton plays though, not a good fit. Kane has a lot of baggage and is expensive it would be a big trade chip coming back to them. Sharks need an infusion of youth and Bruins need a 2nd line winger. Not sure where the deal is and it looks like a dead end. Do not listen to Toronto writer and his lack of knowledge on the Bruins Depth and talent. They cannot draft and develop players but remain a top team for the last 10 yrs, ok.
I think that Labanc might be someone to look at but I don’t know what Bruins could offer.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I think that Labanc might be someone to look at but I don’t know what Bruins could offer.

My apologies to some fans in here, the false statement about the prospect pool got me a little peeved - Sorry.

Never listen to writers that read stats from a desk in Toronto and do not see the players firsthand. We see it all the time how the Bruins prospects get ignored or slotted low yet they still bring guys up and they seem to fit without a hitch.

Labanc may be the real target and everything else is smokescreen, who knows maybe someone else. He is up for a contract next year and I wonder what he would ask for? Bruins need to sign Krug and that may be around 7 million and sign Jake DeBrusk. I know they want to move Backes and his cap. He has a 6 million hit for one more year. He is still useful as a 4th liner, great room guy but the Sharks have a lot of that.

Right now a rookie is playing next to Krejci - Karson Kuhlman. He has wheels and is a good checker but is probably a 3rd line winger. Jake DeBrusk is the other winger. I would hope the Bruins would get a bigger forward for that spot. This is why I thought it could be Kane but his cap is pretty big. Only way is if Backes going back and a boatload of prospects and a pick. I imagine the Bruins would retain some cap on Backes.

Sharks could use a few young guys. Studnicka is needed for the center position, he will take over for Krejci down the road as the 2nd line center. Trent Frederic will be a good 3rd center. Bruins have a few dee that could be of interest. Zboril, John Moore (vet), Matt Grzelcyk, Clifton, Jeremy Lauzon who I really like, Vaakanainen, Axel Andersson playing very well in the Quebec Junior league. Vaak, Lauzon and Zboril should be in the NHL right now but the Bruins have a lot of quality dee. Lauzon may have found a spot with Kevin Miller and Connor Clifton being hurt. They will lose one dee to Seattle next year probably Clifton or Grzelcyk

Reactions: TCB

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
My apologies to some fans in here, the false statement about the prospect pool got me a little peeved - Sorry.

Never listen to writers that read stats from a desk in Toronto and do not see the players firsthand. We see it all the time how the Bruins prospects get ignored or slotted low yet they still bring guys up and they seem to fit without a hitch.

Labanc may be the real target and everything else is smokescreen, who knows maybe someone else. He is up for a contract next year and I wonder what he would ask for? Bruins need to sign Krug and that may be around 7 million and sign Jake DeBrusk. I know they want to move Backes and his cap. He has a 6 million hit for one more year. He is still useful as a 4th liner, great room guy but the Sharks have a lot of that.

Right now a rookie is playing next to Krejci - Karson Kuhlman. He has wheels and is a good checker but is probably a 3rd line winger. Jake DeBrusk is the other winger. I would hope the Bruins would get a bigger forward for that spot. This is why I thought it could be Kane but his cap is pretty big. Only way is if Backes going back and a boatload of prospects and a pick. I imagine the Bruins would retain some cap on Backes.

Sharks could use a few young guys. Studnicka is needed for the center position, he will take over for Krejci down the road as the 2nd line center. Trent Frederic will be a good 3rd center. Bruins have a few dee that could be of interest. Zboril, John Moore (vet), Matt Grzelcyk, Clifton, Jeremy Lauzon who I really like, Vaakanainen, Axel Andersson playing very well in the Quebec Junior league. Vaak, Lauzon and Zboril should be in the NHL right now but the Bruins have a lot of quality dee. Lauzon may have found a spot with Kevin Miller and Connor Clifton being hurt. They will lose one dee to Seattle next year probably Clifton or Grzelcyk
I wonder if something like Backes+1st+Zboril/Lauko/Frederic+maybe 3rdish pick for Labanc would work. Basically first to get rid of Backes and a B level prospect and pick for Labanc. Don’t know how I feel about it though. Might not be enough for Labanc. It’s hard to find a fit because Labanc is so streaky and so it easily could come back to bite us or the Bruins in the butt.

I could see Labanc signed for around 3.5-4.5M on a bridge.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad