Pre-Game Talk: Bruins/Sabres, 12/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

These were the lines I wanted to see yesterday so of course they won 3-0 and they'll probably lose this one :laugh:

Kuhlman now practicing full contact too. I realize he doesn't produce like a top 6 guy, but I think he still hasn't hit his offensive ceiling and his speed and energy have been missed.

Krug and McAvoy still out.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'd prefer Halak to start in this one, as he's already got his eye in against the Sabres and Rask will still be a little rusty after a break whether he plays in this one or the next, so I see no benefit in him playing today. But I'm pretty sure they'll go with Tuukka, as they appear rather attached to them taking turns regardless of other circumstances.

My understanding is that Kuhlman isn't quite ready yet, and Cassidy has spoken about maybe giving him a game or two in Providence first. But when he's good to go in Boston I want to see him play RW with Bjork and Coyle on the 3rd line. He can definitely skate and hustle with those two, I'm curious if he can give them the extra scoring ability they've been missing, and the 3rd feels like a better fit for him at the moment than pushing him slightly ahead of his current level on the 2nd.

Buffalo will be hungry as they're slipping out of the playoff race, and keen to atone for their loss at home. But the Bruins' game plans against them seem to work pretty well, and our modified D should only be better now they've had a game to get used to temporary life without Krug and McAvoy. So the Sabres will be dangerous, but I'm hoping for another Bs win, maybe this time with someone outside of the top line scoring, much as it's always fun to see Bergy regularly hitting the back of the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad