Proposal: Bruins / Red Wings

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
A second round draft pick is a massive “throw in.” red wing fans forget what drafting talent is about clearly. You have to trade aging and expiring assets for picks and prospects. That’s how rebuilding works. Red wings are brutal. With almost no assets worth anything. I wouldn’t even want Staal or mantha. Especially not for the boat load of stuff red wings fans want for him. He doesn’t even move the needle. He another 20 goal 50 point guy. Bruins have about 5 of these guys and the fans hate them. Just another whipping boy for the bruins fans to tear apart.

Yes, rebuilding is turning aging assets into fresh assets, but Mantha & Bert both are still RFAs. Those aren't "Aging assets" Staal, yes, we got a 2nd to take him from NY and will possibly flip him at the TD or not, doesn't really matter since he's just a warm body for us to fill a spot.

Almost no assets worth anything... Seider... Raymond... Zadina... Larkin... Hronek... numerous other kids in the pipeline. You must not understand rebuilds take time and you don't flush NHL quality RFAs away for other teams failed lottery balls.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That's very bad for the Wings. Why would any Bruins fan balk at that?
Because Marc Staal just may be the worst player in the entire league (the rest of the deal does make up for it, but I just have to throw that in there... wow is he toast at this point).

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A second round draft pick is a massive “throw in.” red wing fans forget what drafting talent is about clearly. You have to trade aging and expiring assets for picks and prospects. That’s how rebuilding works. Red wings are brutal. With almost no assets worth anything. I wouldn’t even want Staal or mantha. Especially not for the boat load of stuff red wings fans want for him. He doesn’t even move the needle. He another 20 goal 50 point guy. Bruins have about 5 of these guys and the fans hate them. Just another whipping boy for the bruins fans to tear apart.

Troll troll troll your boat...

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Vankaanien, Bjork, Studnicka and 2nd for Mantha,Staal, Bertuzzi if Bertuzzi signs change to a #1 .........I am sure I will take s#$t from all sides but, I have to put something out there.........
Why would we give away two of current top line players for a bunch of secondary pieces and 2nd...?

Vaak projects as a #4 at best, likely bottom pair guy

Bjork is a 13th forward and likely out of the league soon

Studnicka may become a #2C but much more likely a #3

Very bad for us

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Because Marc Staal just may be the worst player in the entire league (the rest of the deal does make up for it, but I just have to throw that in there... wow is he toast at this point).
Perhaps something to balance the cap going the other way
Or perhaps that's just the rub for taking such an underwhelming offer

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

7174436-B-A612-4-EA3-BE53-E8-D58167-F964.jpg

RIP.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Why would we give away two of current top line players for a bunch of secondary pieces and 2nd...?

Vaak projects as a #4 at best, likely bottom pair guy

Bjork is a 13th forward and likely out of the league soon

Studnicka may become a #2C but much more likely a #3

Very bad for us

It’s obviously very very bad for Detroit, but I’ll quibble on these evaluations. Vaak needs to put on some muscle, but he was in all the top 100 lists last year not because he only had #4 upside. Don’t really see the offense coming together for him, but a Brodin like upside is certainly still on the table if he can get stronger than a 12 year old.

Bjork looks like he won’t score enough to break out of the bottom six, but he is far from playing himself out of the league (not that it matters, he is dime a dozen either way).

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yes, rebuilding is turning aging assets into fresh assets, but Mantha & Bert both are still RFAs. Those aren't "Aging assets" Staal, yes, we got a 2nd to take him from NY and will possibly flip him at the TD or not, doesn't really matter since he's just a warm body for us to fill a spot.

Almost no assets worth anything... Seider... Raymond... Zadina... Larkin... Hronek... numerous other kids in the pipeline. You must not understand rebuilds take time and you don't flush NHL quality RFAs away for other teams failed lottery balls.
Hey ,I will take shit for the proposal I put out there but this crap that rebuilds take time this will be the Detroit's 5th year not making the playoffs and they show no signs of getting better..........maybe some of these stars you have should be given a reevaluation

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Changing gears, what does Detroit need to part from Mantha? Specific names from the Bruins system or just general needs Detroit has both reasonable answers.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Changing gears, what does Detroit need to part from Mantha? Specific names from the Bruins system or just general needs Detroit has both reasonable answers.

Centers, center prospects(top 6 upside), goaltending, left defense both NHL and prospects.

Basically no wingers or right defenseman.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit failed that draft too. Boston at least got some NHLers. Detroit is looking at 0 from the entire 2015 draft.

Having a draft pick bust because they suck and having a draft pick bust because they had two catastrophic injuries in back to back years are two different things.

Not to mention there’s really nothing that beats f***ing up 3 firsts in a row. All of that is getting away from the overall point, which was that he really has zero room to talk about drafting with shit like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Realgud

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It’s obviously very very bad for Detroit, but I’ll quibble on these evaluations. Vaak needs to put on some muscle, but he was in all the top 100 lists last year not because he only had #4 upside. Don’t really see the offense coming together for him, but a Brodin like upside is certainly still on the table if he can get stronger than a 12 year old.

Bjork looks like he won’t score enough to break out of the bottom six, but he is far from playing himself out of the league (not that it matters, he is dime a dozen either way).
Id think Bjork is pretty close to playing himself out. A non physical guy who's about to be 25 and cant even break 20ptsisnt going to have a long career.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
A second is not "massive" ...

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hey ,I will take shit for the proposal I put out there but this crap that rebuilds take time this will be the Detroit's 5th year not making the playoffs and they show no signs of getting better..........maybe some of these stars you have should be given a reevaluation

Judging by what you offered I’ll pass on any assessment by you that somebody else needs to re-evaluate their players lol.

But yes, a top 5 prospect pool that’ll probably be number 1 post-draft, if for no other reason than that two of their top three prospects were prevented from graduating, and Detroit shows no signs of getting better.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Having a draft pick bust because they suck and having a draft pick bust because they had two catastrophic injuries in back to back years are two different things.

Not to mention there’s really nothing that beats f***ing up 3 firsts in a row. All of that is getting away from the overall point, which was that he really has zero room to talk about drafting with shit like that.

Excuses. Detroit botched an exceptional draft just as badly.

Reactions: Hookslide

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Yeah they f***ed up that draft. Too bad Detroit missed on Pastrnak and McAvoy.

Reactions: Pia8988

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Excuses. Detroit botched an exceptional draft just as badly.

You can try as hard as you want, but nobody’s buying Detroit’s picking a guy who ended up blowing his ACL at 21 years old being comparable Boston botching 3 top fifteen picks in a row only to watch a #1C, a PPG winger, and a top pairing D be picked immediately after.

Even if Svechnikov was a flat out bust with no injury, Boston had a botched draft for the ages. Keep trying.

Reactions: RedWingzz

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah they f***ed up that draft. Too bad Detroit missed on Pastrnak and McAvoy.

McAvoy was drafted 14th in a draft where Detroit was slated to pick 16th. Swing and a miss.

The year Pasta was drafted we picked up Larkin, so while Pasta is definitely the better player, you really have no argument here. You passed on Mat Barzal three times and Debrusk is the only one you picked that’s worth a damn.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You can try as hard as you want, but nobody’s buying Detroit’s picking a guy who ended up blowing his ACL at 21 years old being comparable Boston botching 3 top fifteen picks in a row only to watch a #1C, a PPG winger, and a top pairing D be picked immediately after.

Even if Svechnikov was a flat out bust with no injury, Boston had a botched draft for the ages. Keep trying.
Believe me I would have fired Sweeney a long time ago , but don't put missing the playoffs five years in row comparable to a shitty draft, when the team the team with the shitty draft goes to the playoffs every year and a Cup Final........ when ripped my original post you had a right too do so, but now you are showing your lack of knowledge and are losing the argument.......maybe you will get to the playoffs before the Leafs win a Cup , doubt it hahahah.......

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Pick one of them and it's going to be a 1st plus a well regarded prospect with Top 4 D potential (and some Wings fans will say it's not enough).
Lazy streaky wingers don't get 1sts + top4 dman (see Tatar)

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

He’s actually been pretty solid this year.

Reactions: Oddbob

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He’s actually been pretty solid this year.

Everyone is certainly entitled ot their opinion and we all see things differently. In the games I've seen (especially last night's) I though he was an absolute liability on the ice. It's not everything to be sure, but the Dailyfaceoff ratings that use Corsica's formula have him as the 119th rated LD (not D, just LD) in the league. But there are certainly things ratings like that miss.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Did someone actually call a late 2nd a massive addition to a trade? Lol

Last edited:

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Everyone is certainly entitled ot their opinion and we all see things differently. In the games I've seen (especially last night's) I though he was an absolute liability on the ice. It's not everything to be sure, but the Dailyfaceoff ratings that use Corsica's formula have him as the 119th rated LD (not D, just LD) in the league. But there are certainly things ratings like that miss.
We wish he was our worst d man but unfortunately he’s out played a few of our other d men :help:

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->