Proposal: Bruins / Red Wings

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Vankaanien, Bjork, Studnicka and 2nd for Mantha,Staal, Bertuzzi if Bertuzzi signs change to a #1 .........I am sure I will take s#$t from all sides but, I have to put something out there.........

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Detroit's answer

tenoriii.gif

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Vankaanien, Bjork, Studnicka and 2nd for Mantha,Staal, Bertuzzi if Bertuzzi signs change to a #1 .........I am sure I will take s#$t from all sides but, I have to put something out there.........
First of it's Vaakananien and at minimal for Mantha it would take Vaakananien+Studnicka+Boston's 2021 2nd round pick to get him. Bjork is meh and he doesn't get you Bertuzzi and Staal. Boston doesn't have the pieces to land both Mantha and Bertuzzi. Tatar from Vegas got us a 2019 1st+2020 2nd+2021 3rd round picks that would at least be minimal for Mantha and Bertuzzi should return a 1st and 2nd as well.

Reactions: Kegs

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Start with 2 1st's(21-23), add Bjork and add another decent prospect, and since Boston will need to send some type of cap back you may need to add a 2nd+, but to think you could get both Mantha and Bertuzzi without coughing up a single 1st rounder is kind of... laughable... what did you eat for breakfast?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Boston doesn't even have the cap to fit Mantha, Bertuzz and Staal @ 50 retention that's already like $12 million combined for all 3 players and Boston only has $1.6 million in actual cap space right now.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Doubt Yzerman deals Bertuzzi unless it's a massive overpay, At least Bertuzzi plays his heart out every shift unlike Mantha he's the perfect player for our rebuild.
I was not trying to be a jerk , I was thinking Bertuzzi is a FA and do not know his status on resigning with the Wings, and Staal also being a free agent they might want get something rather than just let them go for nothing. I also do not understand Wings fans that love Mantha but are always ripping him especially for not bringing his game ever night and he has a pretty high contract for a player that has questionable work ethics. I also offered young players that might help with rebuild...........I will admit my guilt ,that I would love seeing Bertuzzi flying around Boston ice every night ......hahaha guilty as charged

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
There are some bad proposals on this forum, but this may be the worst I've ever seen.

I'll send a counter proposal:
-Marc Staal
-Luke Glendening
-7th round pick

for

David Pastrnak.

The OP was rough, but there is no package the Wings could produce that would get them Pasta's used gloves, much less him...

giphy.gif

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I was not trying to be a jerk , I was thinking Bertuzzi is a FA and do not know his status on resigning with the Wings, and Staal also being a free agent they might want get something rather than just let them go for nothing. I also do not understand Wings fans that love Mantha but are always ripping him especially for not bringing his game ever night and he has a pretty high contract for a player that has questionable work ethics. I also offered young players that might help with rebuild...........I will admit my guilt ,that I would love seeing Bertuzzi flying around Boston ice every night ......hahaha guilty as charged
Beruzzi is still an RFA 1 more year left, Pretty sure Yzerman is looking at locking him up long term. But after his current injury not sure what his value will be i'd offer him 5 x $5,250,000 or possibly slightly more. I think he and Yzerman will come to some sort of a deal this summer. But none of your pieces are remotely close for both Bertuzzi and Mantha you'd need to start with at least 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks just to start things off.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
lol gotta love the random 2nd round pick thrown in for good measure, as if that's gonna sway things in the wings' favor
A second round draft pick is a massive “throw in.” red wing fans forget what drafting talent is about clearly. You have to trade aging and expiring assets for picks and prospects. That’s how rebuilding works. Red wings are brutal. With almost no assets worth anything. I wouldn’t even want Staal or mantha. Especially not for the boat load of stuff red wings fans want for him. He doesn’t even move the needle. He another 20 goal 50 point guy. Bruins have about 5 of these guys and the fans hate them. Just another whipping boy for the bruins fans to tear apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->