Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Liles

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I'm not a Liles hater. Just wish after they went to the trouble of cutting the cord on Seidenberg, it was to aim higher.

I have no hope this is 3rd pair stuff, this is our big D guy.

Chara/Liles
Krug/Killer
McQuaid/Chiller

Something along those lines.

Would really like to see them get a cheap depth vet. It would be worth the money. Playing Morrow after an injury is painful. It goes from a so -so passable D to a trainwreck instantly.

Bruinsforlife89

Jun 17, 2011
Come on Sweeney now we just need our leader/stiff Chris Kelly and trade Spooner. Claude would be in heaven with Bergeron, Krejci, Backes, and Kelly

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
cant believe he's the same cap hit as Brian Campbell. ugh

Apples to oranges.

Campbell was never coming to Boston for 2 million a year.

He just said it himself, Chicago was where he wanted to be. Lives there, his wife is from there. Good chance to win.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
For 1 year, it's a good move. An experienced puck mover. Now it's C Miller's or Morrow's job to elbow him out of the way. If neither of those younger guys steps up and they don't have Liles, then they only have one decent puck-mover in Krug.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Apples to oranges.

Campbell was never coming to Boston for 2 million a year.

He just said it himself, Chicago was where he wanted to be. Lives there, his wife is from there. Good chance to win.

still. 2 million for liles is embarrassing.

moonshot summit

Jun 30, 2015
Halifax, NS
His advanced metrics were a train wreck, he was a minus 7 in 17 games, and had 6 assists.

The team also completely collapsed while he was here, during which time he was mostly pinned in his own zone.

Not true though. He was bad when he was with seids but so was everyone else. Stats with Chara were pretty strong. As were his stats with Carolina, who were a good possession team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
still. 2 million for liles is embarrassing.

Played Top 4 minutes in Carolina last season before coming to Boston.

Can play both sides on the 3rd pair with Morrow or C.Miller.

Character player, whether you like him or not guy can make a great 1st pass.

On a one-year deal it's not a terrible move.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I had fun beating you down about garbage Connolly :laugh:

You did open my eyes to Connolly defensively a bit, and sold me on Stempniak when I was against bringing him back.

I'm not as big a Liles supporter as I was Connolly. I'm on the fence on him, I like his breakout passes, the fact he can play both sides, and his one-year deal. That's about it.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Don't hate for me it's more in the 'meh' category. A flawed player and depth but this d needs some depth. meh

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
We get Seidenberg for half the money, better wheels and better passing. Just not as physical or slow. PS to the poster saying Brian Campbell is on the same money, yeah he is, for Chicago, the only place he wanted to play, if he signed elsewhere it wouldnt have been the same deal and he signed to whatever it took for him to be there.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Liles is fine for 2 million on the bottom pair

We need to have a veteran that we know can play bottom minutes Incase our young kids don't pan out

He's a good stop gap for a year

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Liles is fine for 2 million on the bottom pair

We need to have a veteran that we know can play bottom minutes Incase our young kids don't pan out

He's a good stop gap for a year

No he really isn't he was one of the worst defensive players on the team last year. No reason at all for this signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad