Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Liles

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why??? He is a great stop gap to wait for their young defenders without selling the farm. Great signing!

He wasn't very good for us and I'd still rather see Morrow and Miller play if we are missing the playoffs! I understand pushing for the playoffs but I was not impressed by Liles at all. Stempniak had a hot start and tailed off -- in my mind Liles had only 2-3 games where he was a positive force.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Liles at one-year on the 3rd pair is a smart move.

Right now.

Chara - K.Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Morrow - Liles or Liles - C.Miller

Not great.

Chara - Top 4 D
Krug - K.Miller

McQuaid gone.

Better

1-year I like this move.

Don Cherry*

Yeah, I'm really liking another year of a totally washed-up player that I didn't even like when he was in his prime. :rant:

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
It isn't long term, and it isn't for huge money. The guy wasn't great, but compared to how his competition fared, he was heads and tails above them.

I'm certainly not ready to give guaranteed spots to guys like Miller or Morrow - this signing will add competition to the bottom pairing, and if a prospect outduels him, Liles can watch from the press box.

All in all, a good signing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Liles at one-year on the 3rd pair is a smart move.

Right now.

Chara - K.Miller
Krug - McQuaid

Not great.

Chara - Top 4 D
Krug - K.Miller

McQuaid gone.

Better

1-year I like this move.

I`ll wager Quaider will be moved

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
meh deal. I guess it's security if they are unable to land a top 4 this offseason...which would be a disaster btw. Why nab Backes if you aren't able to sure up the D.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
????? Seriously?? Usually respect you but I think you are way off base here. I saw him as a really good puck mover before he was injured.

His advanced metrics were a train wreck, he was a minus 7 in 17 games, and had 6 assists.

The team also completely collapsed while he was here, during which time he was mostly pinned in his own zone.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I'm hoping they have made this signing as a stop gap rather than giving up 4 1st rounders for Trouba. If that is the case, I couldn't be more excited to bring him back. He was not that bad folks.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
His advanced metrics were a train wreck, he was a minus 7 in 17 games, and had 6 assists.

The team also completely collapsed while he was here, during which time he was mostly pinned in his own zone.
with all due respect he was injured during their collapse!
(He had 4 points and mius 3 in last 6 games despite playing with Knee injury)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad