Confirmed with Link: Bruins re-sign Dr. Cross

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I wonder- does he and other players in his situation really believe at this point in their careers (5 plus years after being drafted) that they can make the NHL??? I know some players are late bloomers, particularly defensemen but seriously how realistic are their chances if they haven't made it by now? :dunno:

I think there`s always that hope, ya just never know but I`m guessing most guys just accept then apply themselves to being good pro`s at the AHL level, he seems to be that kind of guy but again, total guess there

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Tommy Cross Bruin for life!!! Bizarro world, Tommy Cross is still a Bruin and PK Subban isnt a Hab..crazy!

Great guy to have in the AHL level and dont mind having some more emergency depth at D. If we lose a D to Vegas, who knows maybe Cross finally has a real breakout training camp and forces his way into the line up...I dont see it but injuries and stuff do happen so always good to have depth.

Give me Cross over guys like Chris Casto and Chris Breen at the AHL level.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
This is a throwback to the good old days when you keep a guy around the farm because he's likely to end up behind the bench anyway. Knowing the Bruins they want to save money on a second assistant.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This is a throwback to the good old days when you keep a guy around the farm because he's likely to end up behind the bench anyway. Knowing the Bruins they want to save money on a second assistant.

Something to be said for keeping a guy around to ensure the consistency of the culture they want to have.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Something to be said for keeping a guy around to ensure the consistency of the culture they want to have.

I'm sure he's like a coach on the ice

Zboril & Lauzon if not traded will be there and Cross will be valuable

Plus Cross is very good

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm sure he's like a coach on the ice

Zboril & Lauzon if not traded will be there and Cross will be valuable

Plus Cross is very good

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a very good minor leaguer, IMO.

I'd give my left pinky to play one season of minor league hockey.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Well he's the team captain of Providence too.

Minor League fans like consistency and names they recognize.
He knows the system. If you get in a really desperate position like last year, you know what you have with him.

Hey, maybe they can make him player/coach of the PBs ala Reggie Dunlop!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Giving up assets to move up and grab him #35 in 2007 was well worth it finally. Even if they could have stayed put and draft Wayne Simmonds or PK Subban instead... :amazed:
What assets, the second and third round picks? Who, incidentally turned out to be the incomparable Akim Aliu and the immortal Josh Unice.

Sure, the team could have picked P.K. Subban or Wayne Simmons. But doesn't that happen every draft? Bruins could have drafted Ryan Getzlaf if it didn't trade down for Stuart. And, all thirty teams passed twice on Simmons.

Ain't hindsight wonderful? Makes us all experts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad