Post-Game Talk: Bruins rake the leafs 3-1!

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Good win
Pretty much a carbon copy of the stars game only the leafs didn't tie it at the end.
I'd like to see a win tomorrow against Tampa.

BudMovin*

Looks like they are finally giving Dougie non-sheltered minutes to see what exactly we have here. Boy does he look good!

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Looks like they are finally giving Dougie non-sheltered minutes to see what exactly we have here. Boy does he look good!

I have been impressed with him all year, he is starting to develop into the player he is going to be for a very long time.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Nice to win a game with special teams making the difference. I don't get the headshots complaints either. With how brutal the refs have been against the Bruins lately it was at least a more evenly reffed game for once.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Nice to win a game with special teams making the difference. I don't get the headshots complaints either. With how brutal the refs have been against the Bruins lately it was at least a more evenly reffed game for once.

If the fans of that blue and white team think Chara punched Lupul for no reason, they are just as stupid as he is for thinking he would get away with it. There are many things the cameras and the refs don't see. I trust Chara to always stick up for himself and his teammates.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
haven't heard anything official. looked like a pulled groin

watching it live my first thought was groin. he was listed as 'doubtful' for tomorrow so I guess that isn't terrible news... he wont play but it wasn't a 'long term' kind of answer

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Always nice to beat the best hockey team in the whole wide world (at least thats what most leaf fans think lol) Loved Iginla tuning up Clarkson, and Mcquaid did amazing vs the much bigger Mclaren. Funny how most leaf fans sound like hab fans these days. Blaming the refs and calling the Bs brutes and so forth lol. Kessel was a non factor, and Hamilton looked better than phil did lol. Loved it how Kadri got run over by Boychuk and then had a hissy fit on the bench lol. Take away Orr & Mclaren and that team is soft like vanilla ice cream on a hot summer day. The Bs played solid and kept most of the shots to the perimeter. Rask should've had that Lupul goal, but accidents happen. Riemer improved his rebound control big time. Phanuef was epic on that empty net goal:yo:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He may be the Bruins best overall defenceman at the moment.

You know what I love?

With Hamilton and Krug going, it really appears as though Boychuk, Seidenberg, Quaider and Chara have ALL picked up their respective games. And Hamilton is so much better while being allowed to be active in the offensive zone. His confidence in his own end is night-and-day from what we saw last season.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What a great game, one of the closest tilts between BOS/TOR in a while. If it weren't for the EN goal, I totally could have seen the Leafs tying it up. The 2nd period was absolutely painful to watch but the rest of the game I was pleased with the effort. If we could find a way to play for 3 periods this team would be having a lot more success. Rask continues to hold it down for this team somehow through it all.
Nice to see Chara playing like himself again, I think this was his strongest game. Hamilton impresses more with every game, couldn't be happier with his play. Awesome having an effective 3rd line again, makes a big difference. Smith really seems to be at home on that line, he's been the biggest surprise on the team for me. Great to see Bergy get a couple of goals, you can tell he's really trying out there. I think Marchand took a little step back this game, couldn't seem to control the puck.
I thought Eriksson played fine and I am not on board at all with all the panic and hate for him. I think people are being incredibly impatient with him. I don't think any of our players come back from concussions and snap back to 100% immediately. And comparing him to Seguin is a bad idea, period. He's not going to be Seguin, he was not brought here to be Seguin. They are two completely different players. He's been the strongest on that line for me as far as breaking into the offensive zone and creating plays. He's playing with a couple of linemates that are struggling and I think that's part of the issue. In the meantime it would be great if he could shoot more but once Bergy gets back to 100% and Marchand finds his game, I think that line will be a thing of beauty.
Unfortunately the 4th line concerns me more each game. They have been such an important part of this team the past couple of years. They are not getting anything done when they are on the ice and they need their time cut until they can figure it out.
Also have to give props to Kessel. He's become a phenomenal player out there. I felt nervous every time he was on the ice last night, he is absolutely on fire right now. He wasn't a right fit for this team but I have to give him props for what he's doing on the Leafs right now. He's gonna have a great year not matter what happens to the Leafs this season.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
You know what I love?

With Hamilton and Krug going, it really appears as though Boychuk, Seidenberg, Quaider and Chara have ALL picked up their respective games. And Hamilton is so much better while being allowed to be active in the offensive zone. His confidence in his own end is night-and-day from what we saw last season.

:handclap:

Say what you want about having elite forwards, but when you have elite D and a group of good forwards who work together, that can be a hell of a team

Krug and Hamilton have been a renaissance

Especially when one of your forwards has a tendency to become elite in the playoffs :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad