Post-Game Talk: Bruins rake the leafs 3-1!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kessel has turned into one heck of a player- never thought he'd be this good but he's come into his own

Marley

Feb 10, 2011
Very solid win by the Bs (minus most of the second period but thank goodness for Rask).

And I'm really liking Yeti's game.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Good win but this Leafs team is not to be taken lightly. They have a pretty good club and will do some damage.

Some damage on the golf course, for sure!

Ok, I shouldn't be mocking my own team and I do think we'll sneak into the playoffs, just wanted to add that I really hope for another series between these teams. Not for revenge or anything like that, but because I think that series between Boston and Toronto was just tremendous, the best outside the SCF themselves except perhaps LA - Blues.

Very solid win by the Bs (minus most of the second period but thank goodness for Rask).

And I'm really liking Yeti's game.

Yeti?

You guys have a Yeti? That's not fair!

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
Impressive game for Smith, and Dougie continues to play pretty well - good outweighs the not good. Loui also played well. Tuukka may not stop every puck, but I'll settle for .971.
Leafs are growing and improving. Wouldn't mind seeing them bounce Detroit or someone else come the playoffs.

Kyle Doobas*

Congrats on the win guys. A few of my friends over at the Leafs board were a little disappointed with the refereeing, but personally I didn't think it was too big of a deal. You have to give credit to the Bruins for responding the way they did in the third after getting pushed around a bit in the second. They came out and gave it back to us ten times worse and we were just gassed and didn't have an answer.

Reilly Smith, who I didn't really know much of anything about before tonight, had a pretty good game, I thought. Dougie Hamilton is looking quite a bit better and more confident than he did last season too, at least based on tonight's game. Oh, and that Lucic-Krejci-Iginla line is even more of a pain in the ass to play against than when you had Horton. Even in his old(er) age, Iginla seems quite a bit faster and fits in with your culture a lot better than he did with the Penguins.

Good luck the rest of the way. As long as both of our teams make the playoffs and one of us gets to beat up on the Habs in the first round, I'll be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
In this game, Iginla looked more engaged than any game I ever saw Nathan Horton play.

Also, is MarCHAND using a proper stick ? Length / lie...anything...

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
suck it, leafs.

Z seemed to be a little more fired up than usual tonight. when he smokes a guy like raymond that high up in the defensive zone, you know it's not the average night. rask sharp as always, reilly smith real solid, bergeron prototypical night, iginla was flying out there. loved the physical play all around.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Kessel has turned into one heck of a player- never thought he'd be this good but he's come into his own

Me neither.

When we got him I knew there'd be goals but I didn't think we were getting a player of superstar status. I just didn't see him getting to that level where you were scared every time he had the puck.

Wed have looked like absolute morons trading him if Nashville had made that rumored deal around Blum for him.

Its a shame we defamed him and did the usual Boston character assassination on his way out of town. He was worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY of the deal he got from TO. Especially considering the fact that he was fighting cancer at the same stage of his career that Seguin decided he didn't need to work at hockey and could go out and party every night.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Its a shame we defamed him and did the usual Boston character assassination on his way out of town. He was worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY of the deal he got from TO. Especially considering the fact that he was fighting cancer at the same stage of his career that Seguin decided he didn't need to work at hockey and could go out and party every night.

:innocent::bow:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

Great first period....Not so good second...OK third.

Poor Quaider. I hope he will be OK.

Reilly Smith and Dougie looked great. Bergy is amazing.

The Leafs are a good team. The Leaf fans that come to the Garden are cool.

I liked the start when they had Sam helping out on the bench and dropping the puck. You could tell he knew a couple of the B's (Looch). That was well done and it was nice to see that kid with a big smile on his face. Good job by Matty F. He had Sam helping with equipment and Sam was having a blast.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
Me neither.

When we got him I knew there'd be goals but I didn't think we were getting a player of superstar status. I just didn't see him getting to that level where you were scared every time he had the puck.

Wed have looked like absolute morons trading him if Nashville had made that rumored deal around Blum for him.

Lol nice! So right after you say it's a shame the bruins defamed Kessel you go onto defame Seguin.

Well played sir.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Great game guys! Really love Krug. I think he's going to become a key part of your defensive core in the future.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lol nice! So right after you say it's a shame the bruins defamed Kessel you go onto defame Seguin.

Well played sir.

Hmmmmm

I didn't go to Seguins return game because the booing would bother me. (I was gonna grab some cheap ones right before faceoff off the hub but knowing he'd be booed kept me home I hate that stuff if its a former player who worked hard and put in a honest shift for us but I am not sure Seguin was that.) And I was upset when the Seguin trade was announced that the organization and media went to such lengths to bash him. I honestly was really upset at first when he was booed.

Then I thought about how Kessel was treated and realized Seguin deserved it way more. Seguin seriously thought he was the king of Boston, walked on water, could party and not work at hockey, and was Gods gift to women. And he cost us a Cup. Remember Phil was battling cancer at the same stage of his career.

Sorry though not going to lie I know he wasn't awful but the only part of Seggys tenure in Boston I honestly appreciate is G2 against Tampa. The rest of the time he was nothing special, even the 2011/2012 regular season.

I don't think Tyler deserves much love from Bruins fans. DOn't think he deserves to get booed but I would applaud Peverley before him.

I will gladly credit Seguin for not slamming the organization and taking the high road though. We certainly have not returned the favor and done the same for him. But I think the guy still wants to be thought of as a Boston legend and still thinks of himself as one because he was along for the ride in 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad