Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XII- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
People tend to forget D men can take much longer to develop because the position is much harder to learn. This kid could still be a gem, he has the draft pedigree hopefully he takes a leap forward this season.

Defensemen definitely deserve extra time to develop. They aren't tasked with a relatively simple offensive winger role etc.

I have faith in Zboril. He was drafted where he was for a reason, and where he was projected to be drafted.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
People tend to forget D men can take much longer to develop because the position is much harder to learn. This kid could still be a gem, he has the draft pedigree hopefully he takes a leap forward this season.[/QUOTE

McAvoy and Carlo Both playing against top line since they 21 yo first year in the NHL and people bitch if they have a off year or even an off game . It's crazy talk about trading Carlo especially when he is coming off his best year in offense .
Not saying he can't be traded but if he is traded to enhance the scoring they need to be getting back an offensive player of the same quality and approximate age . A top scoring young forward that can play on Boston's top lines

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
On the college front news is sounding a lot more promising with most NCAA leagues starting mid-November and ECAC playing a 20-game season starting in January. Could we actually see an NCAA champion crowned in 2021?! Would be great to have B’s college prospects back playing soon along with every other college player/prospect. I still think there is a solid group of current NCAA prospects for the Bs but any insight/thoughts into who could be called in a couple of weeks? Do the Bs have a 1st or 2nd round pick this draft? What’s everyone thinking?

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Any update on our prospects playing in Europe, e.g. Lauko and Zboril?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
On the college front news is sounding a lot more promising with most NCAA leagues starting mid-November and ECAC playing a 20-game season starting in January. Could we actually see an NCAA champion crowned in 2021?! Would be great to have B’s college prospects back playing soon along with every other college player/prospect. I still think there is a solid group of current NCAA prospects for the Bs but any insight/thoughts into who could be called in a couple of weeks? Do the Bs have a 1st or 2nd round pick this draft? What’s everyone thinking?

No first rounder. That was part of the price to dump David Backes.

BruinsNetwork

If he plays in the NHL I will submit my retirement papers to @Gee Wally effective immediately upon his first game.

A path like this doesn't get you to the NHL:

WHL > AHL > WHL > ECHL > Australia > Slovakia > Belgium/Netherlands

All while leaving a trail of breadcrumbs along the way.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
This only proves how subjective these things are

Indeed, and it also goes to show how little you can actually project stuff like this with accuracy when you are trying to assess the future of teenagers and early twenty-somethings who have yet to play a game in the NHL. For all we know, the Bruins do have a top tier prospect pool. Then again, they could turn out to be the worst in the league ( as some here would have it)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No idea as I don't have access either,I was just shocked with the ranking since I've been told on here our prospects suck

Would be interesting to know what criteria they use to define who is still a prospect.

Are they including guys like Lauzon, Bjork, Kuhlman, etc. To me they've graduated, but maybe McKeen's includes them. Would skew the results a bit.

Reactions: Gordoff and maxl7

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
For the 2nd round pick, Pronman has 6-foot-6 Jack Finley, C, Spokane-WHL at #67. I'll take it.

"Finley played a significant role on a top WHL team and ended up getting an invite to Canada’s U20 virtual camp this past summer. As often happens with a player who teeters on the edge of being eligible for the next draft as a September 2002 birth date, scouts were more impressed with him as the year went along. Finley’s main asset is his size, standing in at 6-foot-6, and how he uses his size to win pucks in the tough areas of the ice and to create offense in front of the net. On the power play he can set screens, but he is also good at knocking in pucks and showing above-average playmaking skill. He competes well and can kill penalties. Finley is a subpar skater, though, and I wouldn’t call him a driver of offense. He has flashes of a great puck game, but in the NHL he’s not the one you’ll want carrying it through the neutral zone."

He's one of the youngest guys in the draft and the biggest.

member 96824

I don't really think we're an organization devoid of Jack Finleys or Dylan Petersons, nor do we need to spend another top 60 pick on one.

In fact, I think you can pick up the same caliber player later on in Brandon Coe.

If you're looking for jam and grit with a ton of upside, get on the Wisdom train with @lost peanut

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->