Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
That's so weird. Where did his shot go? He used to have a great wrister shot.
It's still there, but he seems to only hit team logos and posts with it now. The funny (sad) thing is the posts don't count towards the cratered shooting percentage.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I like the Gurianov comparison to Seny. He isn't an extremely smart or dynamic player...but he excels in the power forward role. His hands are good enough to maintain possession as he drives to the net and he has a good shot. Sound familiar? Senyshyn has all of those tools. I just wonder if he has the brains to allow him to get open.

As Bruins Network has said, there were times this year in Prov where he looked like the best player on the ice for either team. He just needs to bottle that. In fact, he has no choice unless he wants to get scooped up on waivers.

As for Frederic, I truly think he will be fine. He IS smart, has a shot and "truculence"...he just doesn't have top-end speed/quickness.

Zboril...to me, I think you give him a shot next to Charlie to start the season. He is quintessential roving physical D. He might not be able to hang against top lines night in and out, but you gotta test him out. When he wants to, he clears the crease like Nick Boynton.

Saying Senyshen isn't "extremely smart" is a massive understatement. His on ice IQ is as bad as I've ever seen. All he needs to do is stay on his wing and get himself open behind the D with his speed a few times a game. In the offensive zone, all he needs to do is get to the high slot if the puck is low, or to the front of the net, if the puck is back to the D. Instead of doing these things, he somehow manages to always have his back to the play and be out of position for a pass.

These are correctable issues. All he needs to do is simplify, simplify simplify. Not sure what the coaching staff is telling him.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

BruinsNetwork

I think Fredric's top end speed is fine. It just takes him forever to ramp it up, or at least it did when I last saw him in 2019.

The big problem is his shot has gone into the toilet. If they've got an actual organist at the Dunk, he's in danger, much like the organist from Slapshot, whenever Fredric takes the ice. This shooting degradation appears to happen to nearly everyone who spends more than one season in Providence, and I couldn't even begin to tell you why.

Disagree.

Frederic was still beating goalies left and right last year, just go back and rewatch all of the games and you’ll here that dreaded “ping” more often than not. I think he just had an unlucky shooting year, I mean, it’s not that out of the ordinary. Players get lucky from season-to-season all the time when it comes to shooting luck and percentage. Take a look at Noel Acciari in Florida this year.

It’s going to take confidence, persistence and time for him to overcome the bad luck, which is normal IMO. He’s beating the goalies and that’s the important part.

Frederic’s top-end speed is good, especially for someone of his size by the way. I think people have a tendency to see other elite skaters in the leagues and say “wow that’s the benchmark” when really it’s the outlier. Frederic isn’t an elite skater, but he’s a damn good one and plenty fast, especially for his size, if you ask me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Disagree.

Frederic was still beating goalies left and right last year, just go back and rewatch all of the games and you’ll here that dreaded “ping” more often than not. I think he just had an unlucky shooting year, I mean, it’s not that out of the ordinary. Players get lucky from season-to-season all the time when it comes to shooting luck and percentage. Take a look at Noel Acciari in Florida this year.

It’s going to take confidence, persistence and time for him to overcome the bad luck, which is normal IMO. He’s beating the goalies and that’s the important part.

Frederic’s top-end speed is good, especially for someone of his size by the way. I think people have a tendency to see other elite skaters in the leagues and say “wow that’s the benchmark” when really it’s the outlier. Frederic isn’t an elite skater, but he’s a damn good one and plenty fast, especially for his size, if you ask me.

If you had to make a determination, where is Frederic better suited? As a winger (LWer most likely) or a center?

Could he be part of the solution to adding size/grit strength to the 4th line next year either as a winger or C?

If he should be a C, is he better off in Providence next year or could he be the 4th line C in Boston, either pushing Kuraly to the wing of L4 or L3?

Whenever I saw Frederic, Justin Abdelkader was the player he reminded me of, a mid-tier power winger.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsNetwork

If you had to make a determination, where is Frederic better suited? As a winger (LWer most likely) or a center?

Could he be part of the solution to adding size/grit strength to the 4th line next year either as a winger or C?

If he should be a C, is he better off in Providence next year or could he be the 4th line C in Boston, either pushing Kuraly to the wing of L4 or L3?

Whenever I saw Frederic, Justin Abdelkader was the player he reminded me of, a mid-tier power winger.

Abdelkader was a bit clunky on the ice whereas Frederic is smooth and much, much more athletic than he was, IMO.

I think he’s best suited at center though. Whenever Frederic played wing, closer to the start of the season, he wasn’t as engaged or commanding on the ice. Which makes sense given that he’d be able to play looser on wing than center, where he’d have to be “with it” at all times.

My ideal fourth-line in Boston next year would be Kuraly-Frederic-Kuhlman for many reasons. One being that Nordstrom should walk as they have pieces in Providence to play that role, whether it be Kuhlman or even Cameron Hughes. And another because I think Kuraly has been struggling for quite a bit now and playing wing might help him out.

Having a fourth-line of three fast, quick and athletic players vs Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner would be ideal, IMO. I know it won’t happen because Wagner got signed and is the “Mayor” or whatever, but I truthfully think Kuhlman is a better player across all three zones.

Frederic isn’t the same player we saw play 15 games for Providence. He’s faster, slimmer and more authoritative on the ice. I spoke to Leach a couple of times post-media talk last season and he spoke candidly about how working with Frederic was about reiterating he has the physical tools to completely take over a game— it worked.

As others can attest, Frederic went on an absolutely dominate tear somewhere between January and the end of the season before the stoppage. Fighting, passing, shooting, scoring, hitting and everything else. Absolute beast.

I know it’s a high bar to set and I’m not saying he’ll be this player, but a Tom Wilson-lite type of guy is what I see Frederic as. Someone who’s got the speed, agility and skating to keep up with most players on the ice, regardless of lines, but the physical tools to just bully them.

You can rewatch any shift he took from January on last year and see him just be a man amongst boys even in the AHL. The dude is mean and won’t hesitate to bully you or throw a questionable hit or just kind of take over. He’s got the skills of a second-line player, he’s just not as naturally creative as your typical playmaker. He’s still creative, just not that type of player that’s all. Kind of like Brayden Schenn in that regard. Talented, but not the typical creativity you’d expect in that position.

Frederic is still young too. It took Wilson how many seasons to fully take over in the NHL as he is today? I think letting him marinate as the fourth-line center to start out next season would be awesome, if unrealistic given what we currently know about this roster, salary, waivers and god knows what else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He showed better hockey IQ this season for Providence. It wasn’t always perfect but what player is? I think he is an NHL defenseman. He needs a legit look though.
I hope so. Imagine a right side of Pietrangelo Mac and Carlo. Grizz and two of Zaboril Lauzon Vak on the left that is a D I could live with any day

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Abdelkader was a bit clunky on the ice whereas Frederic is smooth and much, much more athletic than he was, IMO.

I think he’s best suited at center though. Whenever Frederic played wing, closer to the start of the season, he wasn’t as engaged or commanding on the ice. Which makes sense given that he’d be able to play looser on wing than center, where he’d have to be “with it” at all times.

My ideal fourth-line in Boston next year would be Kuraly-Frederic-Kuhlman for many reasons. One being that Nordstrom should walk as they have pieces in Providence to play that role, whether it be Kuhlman or even Cameron Hughes. And another because I think Kuraly has been struggling for quite a bit now and playing wing might help him out.

Having a fourth-line of three fast, quick and athletic players vs Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner would be ideal, IMO. I know it won’t happen because Wagner got signed and is the “Mayor” or whatever, but I truthfully think Kuhlman is a better player across all three zones.

Frederic isn’t the same player we saw play 15 games for Providence. He’s faster, slimmer and more authoritative on the ice. I spoke to Leach a couple of times post-media talk last season and he spoke candidly about how working with Frederic was about reiterating he has the physical tools to completely take over a game— it worked.

As others can attest, Frederic went on an absolutely dominate tear somewhere between January and the end of the season before the stoppage. Fighting, passing, shooting, scoring, hitting and everything else. Absolute beast.

I know it’s a high bar to set and I’m not saying he’ll be this player, but a Tom Wilson-lite type of guy is what I see Frederic as. Someone who’s got the speed, agility and skating to keep up with most players on the ice, regardless of lines, but the physical tools to just bully them.

You can rewatch any shift he took from January on last year and see him just be a man amongst boys even in the AHL. The dude is mean and won’t hesitate to bully you or throw a questionable hit or just kind of take over. He’s got the skills of a second-line player, he’s just as naturally creative as your typical playmaker. He’s still creative, just not that type of player that’s all. Kind of like Brayden Schenn in that regard. Talented, but not the typical creativity you’d expect in that position.

Frederic is still young too. It took Wilson how many seasons to fully take over in the NHL as he is today? I think letting him marinate as the fourth-line center to start out next season would be awesome, if unrealistic given what we currently know about this roster, salary, waivers and god knows what else.

Thanks for the informative answer. Much appreciated.

Sad to say but your probably right about it being unrealistic (although I'm like you I'd like to see it) when it comes to a 4th line of Kuraly-Frederic-Kuhlman. 2 out of 3 might lose the numbers game (I didn't know until the other day Kuhlman can still be sent down without clearing waivers) with so many waiver-eligible players both up front and on D likely to be signed come training camp.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsNetwork

Thanks for the informative answer. Much appreciated.

Sad to say but your probably right about it being unrealistic (although I'm like you I'd like to see it) when it comes to a 4th line of Kuraly-Frederic-Kuhlman. 2 out of 3 might lose the numbers game (I didn't know until the other day Kuhlman can still be sent down without clearing waivers) with so many waiver-eligible players both up front and on D likely to be signed come training camp.

Anytime man, always glad to have a reasonable conversation with people. It’s hockey after all, it ain’t that serious.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Anyone has an issue with a bottom 6 of
Debrusk Coyle Senyshyn
Frederic Kuraly Kuhlman/Wagner

I have always liked Kuraly's game better on the wing. He is just a better player there it seems to me. Would like to see Frederic in the midde, Kuraly at LW. I don't care which of Wagner or Kuhlman is on the right for a 4th line. I might even go so far to say that I would like to see Blidh there over those other two. But Wagner is going nowhere so he is probably the #1 option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I have always liked Kuraly's game better on the wing. He is just a better player there it seems to me. Would like to Frederic in the midde, Kuraly at LW. I don't care which of Wagner or Kuhlman is on the right for a 4th line. I might even go so far to say that I would like to see Blidh there over those other two. But Wagner is going nowhere so he is probably the #1 option.
If they're counting their pennies Blidh saves them $600,000 over Wagner

Reactions: Dr Hook

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
You have someone in mind in house or bringing someone in from outside
no one in particular in mind and i highly doubt it happens with Wagners contract. i simply would like some more grit. put simply when we played TBay this board was speaking endlessly about Maroon. i highly doubt any other teams board mentions anyone from our 4th line when we play them. not advocating for Maroon but someone that has a lot of grit

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have always liked Kuraly's game better on the wing. He is just a better player there it seems to me. Would like to see Frederic in the midde, Kuraly at LW. I don't care which of Wagner or Kuhlman is on the right for a 4th line. I might even go so far to say that I would like to see Blidh there over those other two. But Wagner is going nowhere so he is probably the #1 option.

If they're counting their pennies Blidh saves them $600,000 over Wagner

Wagner's new contract isn't even started yet and it already looks like they have better in-house options. Did they sign Wagner just to appease his buddy Coyle?

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Bruins get revenge on Petr Klima's Sudden Death goal after 30 long years

Ostrá bitka v přípravě! Klíma chránil Hronka a pustil se do Lauka | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

Haven't seen this posted here it's from a game a week ago and Jakub Lauko (22) and Kelly Klima swings and misses in a fight. I think Lauko wanted to get Klima because his father, Petr Klima scored that 'OT goal back in 1990 against the Bruins in the Stanley Cup final.

Yesterday Lauko didn't score but had chances and played well in first game of Czech hockeyextra league. His team Korlavy Vary won 3-2.

Jakub Zboril and his team Kometa Brno didn't play because 22 members of the team (players and staff) tested positive for coronavirus. Their game of course was postponed and have no idea what the plan is.

In Sweden of course Victor Berglund got off to a fine start as he scored a goal and assisted on another both on the power play for his new team Luleå Hockey.

Peter Cehlarik did even better scoring two goals and an assist in his first game for Leksand. Don't think we'll ever see Cehlarik in Boston again. If he does well in SHL he might attract another NHL team and perhaps the Bruins can trade his NHL rights for a draft choice hopefully. Cehlarik had most ice time on his team playing over 26 minutes on the first line with former Bruins prospects Carter Camper and Slovak center Marek Hrivic.

Oskar Steen start regular season for Björklöven next week.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wagner's new contract isn't even started yet and it already looks like they have better in-house options. Did they sign Wagner just to appease his buddy Coyle?

Yeah, they might have jumped the gun on that deal just a little bit. He ended up having a pretty crap season compared to the year before and his post-season was garbage (I know- the bubble).

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

You can rewatch any shift he took from January on last year and see him just be a man amongst boys even in the AHL. The dude is mean and won’t hesitate to bully you or throw a questionable hit or just kind of take over. He’s got the skills of a second-line player, he’s just as naturally creative as your typical playmaker. He’s still creative, just not that type of player that’s all. Kind of like Brayden Schenn in that regard. Talented, but not the typical creativity you’d expect in that position.

Wowza fantastic scouting report. Thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->