Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I don't think we will see Senyshyn this year. If we do it won't be for more than 10 games. The reason behind that is so that the Bruins won't have to protect him for the Expansion Draft in 2 years because he will fall under the rule for first or second year pros.
Good point. But if the kid looks ready in the eyes of the Bruins brass.. And theres a need for a RW on the big club. I doubt they'll hesitate because of this. Nor should they as it would be foolish.

False Start

May 8, 2018
I don't think we will see Senyshyn this year. If we do it won't be for more than 10 games. The reason behind that is so that the Bruins won't have to protect him for the Expansion Draft in 2 years because he will fall under the rule for first or second year pros.

I am pretty sure, playing in the AHL counts as a professional year.

Could be wrong tho.

Yep pretty sure he's gonna be exposed regardless. Unless we protect him.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I am pretty sure, playing in the AHL counts as a professional year.

Could be wrong tho.

Yep pretty sure he's gonna be exposed regardless. Unless we protect him.
I definitely misread that. AHL games do count for players over the age of 20. If the player does not turn 20 by December 31 of that year then that rule applies to them.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
starting to really hate expansion

Silver lining is there’s no way he gets selected by Seattle unless he Comes to the nhl and has a good year next year. If he stays in the ahl and scores at a decent clip again, I’d beg Seattle to take him

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I think it's more than likely that the Bruins would make a deal to protect their young assets like many teams did with Vegas.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think it's more than likely that the Bruins would make a deal to protect their young assets like many teams did with Vegas.

Yes, the Bruins may be in position to say lost John Moore. And sweeten the pot a little to make sure Moore is the one who is lost. And Moore would immediately become top 4 with expansion club

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I definitely misread that. AHL games do count for players over the age of 20. If the player does not turn 20 by December 31 of that year then that rule applies to them.
With the expansion draft pushed out a year, almost all of the young guys are now eligible. There were in good position if Seattle started in 2020 with Krug contract expiring, Krejci and Backes on the last year of their's and NMC expired and really only Donato and JFK eligible.

Now, all bets are off. Don't over worry about it. Someone good will probably be taken. Maybe don't use Studnicka this year so he doesn't qualify.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think they are using him as a wing like they did during the summer games. Team Canada does that with Bergeron too so I don't think that is a commentary on Studnicka's ability to play center.

I don't understand how he can be so frustrating in the CHL and then blossom in these spots. I mean, maybe it means that he's going to be a lot better when he's surrounded by NHL-caliber players. He's just not putting up the kind of numbers you'd hope for in a top-6 center in his 2nd year after the draft but it's awesome that he looks so good for Canada. I hope he rips up the WCJ. One goal yesterday was brilliant.

Reactions: 00BW

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I don't understand how he can be so frustrating in the CHL and then blossom in these spots. I mean, maybe it means that he's going to be a lot better when he's surrounded by NHL-caliber players. He's just not putting up the kind of numbers you'd hope for in a top-6 center in his 2nd year after the draft but it's awesome that he looks so good for Canada. I hope he rips up the WCJ. One goal yesterday was brilliant.
My take is that he is playing a full 200' game as a center every night in the OHL. He knows what the Bruins want him to work on which will make him more ready for the NHL. As Dom mentioned earlier, the Bruins might be tempted to pull him out after the WJC for a couple of games to see where he's at.
For Team Canada, they have made him a wing and in these WJC games, defense is usually not emphasized by the coaching staffs so those 2 factors are probably contributing to his improved offense here.

I'm just spitballing, but having seen a number of high end CHL scorers like Thornton and Seguin struggle for a couple years in the NHL but a kid like Bergeron makes the transition look easy has me thinking it's a matter of playing a pro style game.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

He plays with Serron Noel and Nando Eggenberger in Oshawa, who are both elite wingers for junior hockey standards. Jack is a complete player though. Only looking at point totals isn’t doing his game justice

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
With the expansion draft pushed out a year, almost all of the young guys are now eligible. There were in good position if Seattle started in 2020 with Krug contract expiring, Krejci and Backes on the last year of their's and NMC expired and really only Donato and JFK eligible.

Now, all bets are off. Don't over worry about it. Someone good will probably be taken. Maybe don't use Studnicka this year so he doesn't qualify.

For that reason alone I would not bring him up.Not to mention Bruins are big on learning the game at both ends.No need to rush the kid.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins’ 2017 Draft Pick ‘Best Player On The Ice’ In WJC Training Camp

When the Boston Bruins selected Jack Studnicka with the 53rd overall pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft, the belief was that the Canadian center would need a couple more years to develop in juniors before being ready to make the jump up to the professional ranks.But Studnicka has taken his game to the next level since his name was called on draft day.The 19-year old currently is skating with Team Canada in training camp for the World Junior Championships, which will be held at the end of the month, and caught the attention of TSN’s Bob McKenzie after scoring a pair of goals in a warmup game Wednesday night.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
So, what's Studnicka upside? Good top 6 center or perhaps even better? Can't wait to watch him in the game against Czechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->