Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Yeah I know, But I am also carrying on 6 conversations at the same time.
Yeah yeah yeah, excuses excuses.

Haven't been able to see much of Keyser's play but looking at the numbers on prospect-stats.com. Dipietro, Hunter Jones and Keyser really stand out as the top 3 in OHL. That sound about right?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah yeah yeah, excuses excuses.

Haven't been able to see much of Keyser's play but looking at the numbers on prospect-stats.com. Dipietro, Hunter Jones and Keyser really stand out as the top 3 in OHL. That sound about right?

Yup. If I were to put them in order right now it would be Keyser, DiPietro and Jones. But watch DiPietro. His trade to Ottawa is going to make his numbers skyrocket.

Jones is draft eligible in 2019. Really making a name for himself.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Yup. If I were to put them in order right now it would be Keyser, DiPietro and Jones. But watch DiPietro. His trade to Ottawa is going to make his numbers skyrocket.

Jones is draft eligible in 2019. Really making a name for himself.
Can't wait to see Keyser up here! His highlights are something else.

Yeah, Jones's age is shocking. His numbers are right there with Dipietro and Keyser. Obviously Goals saved above average is far from a perfect stat, but he's #1 in the league at 27, Keyser and Dipietro are at 22. Impressive stuff, but could also just have to do with Peterborough being shellacked.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The Bergeron treatment.

Maybe a little bit. I think I looked at it more as a RW, RS that has some size and can play a two-way game. Actually wouldn't hate to see him learn from Bergy and be is RW. Bergy has done such a fantastic job helping Marchand become a two-way player and we're starting to see Pasta become a better two-way player (still a work in progress though).

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Maybe a little bit. I think I looked at it more as a RW, RS that has some size and can play a two-way game. Actually wouldn't hate to see him learn from Bergy and be is RW. Bergy has done such a fantastic job helping Marchand become a two-way player and we're starting to see Pasta become a better two-way player (still a work in progress though).

I actually was referring to Bergeron starting his career at RW, but yes, also would love to see him with 63/37 as an education.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I was looking back at pre-draft scouting reports from 2016. Future Considerations had Oskar Steen at 85th overall leading up to the draft. YThey really liked him. He's having a heck of a year with Farjestads, which is battling for 1st place overall in the SHL.

He has a few fans on this board, but he's never been considered equal to guys like JFK, Studnicka or Frederic.

I would definitely lump him in with those guys as he has been playing against men since he was 17.

Reactions: HustleB

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I was looking back at pre-draft scouting reports from 2016. Future Considerations had Oskar Steen at 85th overall leading up to the draft. YThey really liked him. He's having a heck of a year with Farjestads, which is battling for 1st place overall in the SHL.

He has a few fans on this board, but he's never been considered equal to guys like JFK, Studnicka or Frederic.

I would definitely lump him in with those guys as he has been playing against men since he was 17.
He impressed me at Training Camp. Guess there just aren't enough eyes on him during the season, unlike the three you mentioned.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
We are still accepting applications to the fan club if you are interested :sarcasm:
You do realize that he's one of the Bruins best prospects, right?
I do like Senyshen and hope the best for him. I was just a little annoyed that I came on here for the first time in a long time and he was the only guy being talked about in this thread as well as the providence thread. He has been on a tear so it makes sense I guess.

Reactions: DrJustice

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Steen interests me a lot but it's hard to find info on him. He looked good at the wjc last year and has good numbers in the SHL especially for his age. He's only 5'9" which could be part of the reason he was drafted so late. Wonder if he'll play for Providence next year?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Divver writes:

"Senyshyn is one of just two players picked in the first round in the 2015 NHL Draft who hasn’t played an NHL game, but his recent strong play demonstrates that it would be a mistake to write him off as a prospect at age 21."

He must not hang around HF.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He’s far from a liability. Actually, I’d say his two-way ability is one of his strengths in Providence. He hasn’t just been good as of late, he’s been really good all season— production aside.
Unfortunately production is a pretty important detail for a top prospect.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You think he could be an option at RW for the B's in the next year or so? I know they seem to like him at center, but he's seems comfortable playing RW as well.
I`m going to be catching a few of their pre tournament games here in Victoria vs Slovakia and the Swiss, and I`ve secured a few tickets for a couple of tournament games as well unfortunately, I had to sell some of my TC game ticks in Vancouver being new to Victoria and my employer was, how can we say, not too receptive to me taking time off as the newest employee who immediately asks for time off around the busy holiday season.

Not sure if the practices are open but if I find out they are, gonna try and slip downtown to watch a bit

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Jakob Lauko was so impressive this preseason - statistically he looks very strong in the Q, anyone have opinions on him short or long term that have seen him? He's very interesting to me. thanks!

Reactions: JCRO

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I just don’t think some people understand the situation Senyshyn was in. He was playing in a bottom 6 role with not much talent around him. So the majority of the offense created on his lines was created by him and the players around him weren’t goal scorers and couldn’t finish. Senyshyn also wasn’t gett much power play time at all.

Now we are finally seeing him get a chance to play with more talented linemates and he’s quickly become providences top goal scorer.

Hopefully he keeps it up. According to Jay Leach it looks like Senyshyn has really rounded out all phases of his game and ZS is playing with a ton of confidence.

I hope they keep Senyshyn in the AHL for the year and let him continue to develop. Then next off season start to let him compete for a RW job.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Jakob Lauko was so impressive this preseason - statistically he looks very strong in the Q, anyone have opinions on him short or long term that have seen him? He's very interesting to me. thanks!
You can watch him in the World Jrs he made the Czech team

Reactions: FanSince72

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Speed, tenacity, determined goal scorer. Average IQ. If he can take a leap on the way he thinks the game, he might have top 6 upside. If not, he would be a really attractive option on a 3rd line. Or, maybe move him to wing to get him into the top 6?

Who knows, but the kid loves to play and he was pissed when he was taken so late in the draft. You have to like that about him.

Cheers!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Speed, tenacity, determined goal scorer. Average IQ. If he can take a leap on the way he thinks the game, he might have top 6 upside. If not, he would be a really attractive option on a 3rd line. Or, maybe move him to wing to get him into the top 6?

Who knows, but the kid loves to play and he was pissed when he was taken so late in the draft. You have to like that about him.

Cheers!

Kind of reminds me of a poor mans Pastrnak w/ a better two-way game

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
It’s almost like the bruins brass considers Senyshyn their best of the ‘15 3 but needing the most time and patience to realize that, keeping him a secret and working on every facet of his game until he’s ready

They don’t want another Frank vatrano situation where he comes in scores tons but then kinda looks flat in Boston until he’s with another team

They want Senyshyn to be one of the first two way power forward sniper hybrids and it seems like at this point he’s not all that far off
I chuckled. Did Debrusk get shot into space or something?

Cheers!
Wait, is he playing center in the QMJHL? His game is better suited for wing. I agree with your assessment though, good 3rd liner is what I also see Lauko potentially becoming. I wonder how he does at the WJC, he should get top 6 + PP time with the Czech team.

I will get crucified for this, but what do you think Zboril could realistically fetch in a trade? If we are speaking one for one, preferably a C prospect.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I chuckled. Did Debrusk get shot into space or something?

Wait, is he playing center in the QMJHL? His game is better suited for wing. I agree with your assessment though, good 3rd liner is what I also see Lauko potentially becoming. I wonder how he does at the WJC, he should get top 6 + PP time with the Czech team.

I will get crucified for this, but what do you think Zboril could realistically fetch in a trade? If we are speaking one for one, preferably a C prospect.
Josh Ho Sang

Reactions: Wooren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad