Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Fellow HFboarder, Gordon Howe, asked for an update on development and trajectory of the 2015 Bruins draft class...and while I am not quite as wired in as some of you, I obliged to give it a shot here. Please feel free to chime in, disagree, and flame as needed. In an effort to limit word count, I did not report on prospects Vladar, Hughes or Becker (who is shaping up to be a pretty solid late round pick-up).

Jakub Zboril LHD – Zboril was drafted for his smooth skating, solid passing, heavy shot and toughness but he also came with a few warts. In 2017-18, Jay Leach staff called on him to work on simplifying his defensive game (making the safe, smart play rather than running around looking for the big hit), raising his overall compete level and learning how and when to effectively pinch and join the rush. I saw three PRO games with him on the ice last year. He was better and better in each game, and looked like a fairly polished pro towards the end of the season. NHL projection - If he continues to refine his decision making and positioning and raises his game on a day to day basis, he has top 4 (maybe even top 2) upside on the left side. I actually like the idea of a Zboril/McAvoy tandem as long as Jakob can be relied upon for 20+ night in night out. I even see the potential of higher offensive output at the NHL level due to his shot, which is an underutilized asset. If he isn’t able to improve in those areas, he could still be used in a bottom pairing role due to his skating and toughness. The question is, will he be surpassed by other defensive prospects in the organization (Urho, Lauzon, Andersson)?

Jake DeBrusk LW – I think it is safe to say that Jake Debrusk was the most pleasant surprise of the 2017-18 season. Of the Bruins young forward crop, DeBrusk plays the most complete game and seems to impact the play in a positive manner night in and night out. NHL Projection – DeBrusk is a bit on the small side, but plays a hard-nosed game...if he can stay healthy, DeBrusk could enjoy a long and productive career as a multi-tool top 6 LW with 30g, 70pt upside.

Zachary Senyshyn RW – Undoubtedly a controversial pick, Senyshyn was drafted as a longer term project due to his size, reach, speed and offensive skill. He is famous for burning defenders wide and using his reach to protect the puck en route to the net. His one on one skills are excellent and he has a deadly release in the slot. He can score several different ways. His primary weaknesses are his play away from the puck and lack of engagement in defensive side of the puck. He tends to camp out on the wall waiting for an outlet pass rather than supporting D. He flashes creativity from time to time, but vision and IQ may be lacking. He is also less known for his playmaking ability – though, he has have made some strides on that this season. Jay Leach and company are going to take their time with Zach. While he has the speed and skill to play on a top 6 line one day, it remains to be seen if he will be trusted by coaches to play a two-way game. NHL Projection – This season will be important for Zach. He doesn’t need to make the big club out of camp, but he most certainly needs to take a big step in PRO. Is he on the same trajectory as a guy like Anthony Mantha? Will he take a while but get there like an Eric Cole? Or will he need to reinvent himself like a Daniel Paille? Since RW is a bit light on the B’s depth chart, he SHOULD get his opportunity at some point. Maybe even this season.

Brandon Carlo RHD – While many Bruins fans seem perplexed by Sweeney’s decision to start the season with 8 NHL defenders on the roster, concerns for Carlo’s health is likely reason #1. Unfortunate for Carlo AND his teammates, Carlo was just beginning to play high quality top-4 D when he broke his fibula. While he should be ready for the start of training camp, Carlo was not able to walk without crutches until close to Memorial Day. Carlo has to be PISSED for missing the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row, and barring any nagging health issues, SHOULD come into camp on a mission. The B’s top 4 is so much better with Carlo playing at the top of his game. And…despite a down year in 17-18, I still think he has 30pt potential. NHL Projection – Top 4 smooth skating, two-way defender and minute muncher.

Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson C – Despite a somewhat injury-plagued 2017-18 in Providence, when JFK was on the ice, his team was better for it. At BU and in PRO, he has been a puck possession master and puck distributor. He was a face-off ACE at BU and should return to form in 2018. He is never out of position and seemingly never turns the puck over. He is an excellent choice on the PK at the top of the diamond due to excellent stick position and hand-eye coordination. He actually has PP upside as well since he is extremely patient with the puck and can deliver beautiful saucer passes and even score on his own. NHL projection - JFK showed that he has the tools and approach to play as a two-way #3C and penalty killer in the NHL as soon as this season. If he goes back to Providence, expect him to play in every situation as a top line C.

Jeremy Lauzon LHD – Lauzon started off his first pro season on an extremely strong note playing solid, physical, reliable, two-way D. He wasn’t lighting up the scoresheet but he was among rookie D leaders in +/- until he suffered a concussion about 20 games in and missed the following two months of hockey. He struggled upon return, but like fellow rookie D, Zboril, by the end of the season he was playing superb defensive hockey. While Lauzon does not exhibit any one elite skill, he does not really have any weaknesses to his game. NHL Projection – Lauzon may not have the ceiling of a guy like Zboril, but if he is able to stay healthy, he could be a safer, more reliable top4 two-way option on the left side. Perhaps next to Brandon Carlo, one day.

Jesse Gabrielle LW –2017-18 was a challenging year for Jesse. He started the season in Providence, but struggled with the pace and size. After 21 games and only 4 pts, he was sent back to Juniors where he played for Prince George and later, Regina in the Memorial Cup. Sadly, Gabrielle was injured just before the start of the Memorial Cup. Gabrielle will have to work hard to earn minutes in Providence this year as a checking winger and take advantage of his scoring chances. There are other forwards in the pipeline ahead of him, but if anyone is up to the task of overcoming adversity, it is Gabrielle. NHL Projection – While Marchand is his idol and the player he bases his game around, a more realistic projection is that of a quality depth scorer and agitator in the vein of Michael Ferland.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Fellow HFboarder, Gordon Howe, asked for an update on development and trajectory of the 2015 Bruins draft class...and while I am not quite as wired in as some of you, I obliged to give it a shot here. Please feel free to chime in, disagree, and flame as needed. In an effort to limit word count, I did not report on prospects Vladar, Hughes or Becker (who is shaping up to be a pretty solid late round pick-up).

Jakub Zboril LHD – Zboril was drafted for his smooth skating, solid passing, heavy shot and toughness but he also came with a few warts. In 2017-18, Jay Leach staff called on him to work on simplifying his defensive game (making the safe, smart play rather than running around looking for the big hit), raising his overall compete level and learning how and when to effectively pinch and join the rush. I saw three PRO games with him on the ice last year. He was better and better in each game, and looked like a fairly polished pro towards the end of the season. NHL projection - If he continues to refine his decision making and positioning and raises his game on a day to day basis, he has top 4 (maybe even top 2) upside on the left side. I actually like the idea of a Zboril/McAvoy tandem as long as Jakob can be relied upon for 20+ night in night out. I even see the potential of higher offensive output at the NHL level due to his shot, which is an underutilized asset. If he isn’t able to improve in those areas, he could still be used in a bottom pairing role due to his skating and toughness. The question is, will he be surpassed by other defensive prospects in the organization (Urho, Lauzon, Andersson)?

Jake DeBrusk LW – I think it is safe to say that Jake Debrusk was the most pleasant surprise of the 2017-18 season. Of the Bruins young forward crop, DeBrusk plays the most complete game and seems to impact the play in a positive manner night in and night out. NHL Projection – DeBrusk is a bit on the small side, but plays a hard-nosed game...if he can stay healthy, DeBrusk could enjoy a long and productive career as a multi-tool top 6 LW with 30g, 70pt upside.

Zachary Senyshyn RW – Undoubtedly a controversial pick, Senyshyn was drafted as a longer term project due to his size, reach, speed and offensive skill. He is famous for burning defenders wide and using his reach to protect the puck en route to the net. His one on one skills are excellent and he has a deadly release in the slot. He can score several different ways. His primary weaknesses are his play away from the puck and lack of engagement in defensive side of the puck. He tends to camp out on the wall waiting for an outlet pass rather than supporting D. He flashes creativity from time to time, but vision and IQ may be lacking. He is also less known for his playmaking ability – though, he has have made some strides on that this season. Jay Leach and company are going to take their time with Zach. While he has the speed and skill to play on a top 6 line one day, it remains to be seen if he will be trusted by coaches to play a two-way game. NHL Projection – This season will be important for Zach. He doesn’t need to make the big club out of camp, but he most certainly needs to take a big step in PRO. Is he on the same trajectory as a guy like Anthony Mantha? Will he take a while but get there like an Eric Cole? Or will he need to reinvent himself like a Daniel Paille? Since RW is a bit light on the B’s depth chart, he SHOULD get his opportunity at some point. Maybe even this season.

Brandon Carlo RHD – While many Bruins fans seem perplexed by Sweeney’s decision to start the season with 8 NHL defenders on the roster, concerns for Carlo’s health is likely reason #1. Unfortunate for Carlo AND his teammates, Carlo was just beginning to play high quality top-4 D when he broke his fibula. While he should be ready for the start of training camp, Carlo was not able to walk without crutches until close to Memorial Day. Carlo has to be PISSED for missing the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row, and barring any nagging health issues, SHOULD come into camp on a mission. The B’s top 4 is so much better with Carlo playing at the top of his game. And…despite a down year in 17-18, I still think he has 30pt potential. NHL Projection – Top 4 smooth skating, two-way defender and minute muncher.

Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson C – Despite a somewhat injury-plagued 2017-18 in Providence, when JFK was on the ice, his team was better for it. At BU and in PRO, he has been a puck possession master and puck distributor. He was a face-off ACE at BU and should return to form in 2018. He is never out of position and seemingly never turns the puck over. He is an excellent choice on the PK at the top of the diamond due to excellent stick position and hand-eye coordination. He actually has PP upside as well since he is extremely patient with the puck and can deliver beautiful saucer passes and even score on his own. NHL projection - JFK showed that he has the tools and approach to play as a two-way #3C and penalty killer in the NHL as soon as this season. If he goes back to Providence, expect him to play in every situation as a top line C.

Jeremy Lauzon LHD – Lauzon started off his first pro season on an extremely strong note playing solid, physical, reliable, two-way D. He wasn’t lighting up the scoresheet but he was among rookie D leaders in +/- until he suffered a concussion about 20 games in and missed the following two months of hockey. He struggled upon return, but like fellow rookie D, Zboril, by the end of the season he was playing superb defensive hockey. While Lauzon does not exhibit any one elite skill, he does not really have any weaknesses to his game. NHL Projection – Lauzon may not have the ceiling of a guy like Zboril, but if he is able to stay healthy, he could be a safer, more reliable top4 two-way option on the left side. Perhaps next to Brandon Carlo, one day.

Jesse Gabrielle LW –2017-18 was a challenging year for Jesse. He started the season in Providence, but struggled with the pace and size. After 21 games and only 4 pts, he was sent back to Juniors where he played for Prince George and later, Regina in the Memorial Cup. Sadly, Gabrielle was injured just before the start of the Memorial Cup. Gabrielle will have to work hard to earn minutes in Providence this year as a checking winger and take advantage of his scoring chances. There are other forwards in the pipeline ahead of him, but if anyone is up to the task of overcoming adversity, it is Gabrielle. NHL Projection – While Marchand is his idol and the player he bases his game around, a more realistic projection is that of a quality depth scorer and agitator in the vein of Michael Ferland.
Good report
Gabrielle had a train wreck of a season,no where to go but up
Lauzon stay healthy
Carlo Stay healthy
JFK Stay healthy
Senyshyn ,to shut up his detractors needs a call up and 25 goals this season and that might not be enough for some of them...
Zboril has a nice development curve going for him,the 2 training camp thing going on is going to hurt a few bubble guys like him I think,consistency and patients will be key

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Thank you for what appears to be a knowledgeable, fair minded analysis.

The two players I was most interested in hearing about were Zboril & Senyshyn. Again, realize they're young but these two in particular continue to raise question marks about Sweeney & Co.'s judgement in the 2015 draft. I can't say I have a good feeling about either of them.

In the event, thanks for a cogent run down of some of the B's more high profile prospects.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I agree that Studnicka probably has a higher ceiling then Frederic based on his playmaking ability, but I disagree with the league trending away from Backes’. The reason the league is trending away from Backes himself is because he’s getting old. 25 year old Backes would still be a force today.

Watching Frederic in the WJC he looked like Bergeron as much as Backes. If he tops out as a defensive 3rd line center I’d be pretty happy.

25 year old backes played in a much different league than it is now and will even be much different from now to when Frederic is 25.

Skating is already a concern with frederic. I hope the best for him and want him to be an absolute monster, but only time will tell.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
These last few posts are a reminder of what a total disaster the 2015 draft truly was. A simple visit to hockeydb will show the success of so, so many players taken after crap like Zboril, Senyshen and Lauzon. What a shame to be stuck with these three when actual talent was repeatedly taken after those three. :help:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
These last few posts are a reminder of what a total disaster the 2015 draft truly was. A simple visit to hockeydb will show the success of so, so many players taken after crap like Zboril, Senyshen and Lauzon. What a shame to be stuck with these three when actual talent was repeatedly taken after those three. :help:

A simple visit to HockeyDB won't find any player with the last name Senyshen. Is this like you sounding out Kraychee!! Or wait... Krechi (right?) and spelling it. Google is your friend, Brent!! If you were on HockeyDB, surely you would know how to spell his name. Is the transition from page to page that long where you couldn't remember how to spell it?

I love how we're now picking and choosing the draft picks in 2015. Carlo and DeBrusk have had success? Cross em off! Onto the next bunch. Why isn't Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson mentioned as well? Don't know how to spell any of his name?

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Three things...

First, whether you prefer other players or not, Zboril was the consensus best defenseman available and the majority of scouting services had him going in the middle of the first round. There really aren't any defenseman taken after Zboril who have set the world on fire and Zboril still has the same upside that made him attractive...he is just taking longer to get there. Johnny Boychuk took 6 years before he played a single NHL game...and it wasn't until his 9th season, post-draft that he became an NHL regular. Look how much of an impact Boychuk had on the Bruins blue line.

Second, lumping Lauzon into this diminishes the validity of your argument. At the time of the draft, he was seen a a very good pick in the late 2nd and aside from last season's injury, he has done nothing to diminish his value. Aside from Vince Dunn, who is an undersized offensive D, there aren't any prospects who have done ANYTHING later in the 2nd and even third rounds.

Lastly, most folks, if they are honest with themselves, will admit that Sensyshyn was a reach and that there were more logical options available...even if the B's went for organizational need at RW. Brock Boeser was available and was slated to go in the first round...and imagine how he would look on our 2nd line RW. That all being said, there were some significant misses both before and after Senyshyn was taken.

At the end of the day, whether you like the picks or not, the Bruins have a VERY good chance to come away from that draft with at least 4 NHL regulars...maybe more. And, that, kind sir, should not bee seen as an utter failure.

Mainehockey33

Powerplay Specialist
Jul 15, 2011
Maine
25 year old backes played in a much different league than it is now and will even be much different from now to when Frederic is 25.

Skating is already a concern with frederic. I hope the best for him and want him to be an absolute monster, but only time will tell.
I really doubt that prime Backes would have any trouble today. For as much as I’d like to move on from him, he’s not even terrible now. There will always be room for hard nosed, defensively responsible players that chip in offensively.

I haven’t watched enough of his play to comment on his skating, but he jumped right into Providence and produced.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Hindsight is a fun thing isn't it lol.

This is honestly a dead horse of a debate. Its people like you that make me want these guy to succeed just so you'll shut up about the draft. Then again I'm sure a guy like Senyshyn could go on to win a scoring title, MVP and playoff MVP and you'd still find a way to cry that we didn't take someone else.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Where has this notion that his skating is a concern coming from? Read the kids scouting report and it says the opposite...

"his shot and skating abilities show enough promise to envision him as a potential 20 goal scorer in the professional ranks."

"his strong skating ability and physicality are likely more than enough to cement his position as a top 100 pick this month"

"Frederic shows good hockey IQ, finding open space away from defenders, and making smart safe plays… Frederic is a good skater."

^That was from one scouting report that I read. So I'm not sure where all the sudden this notion has come from that Frederic isn't a good skater. Seems like on these boards the only way you are considered a good skater is if you move like Pasta and Marchand.

Reactions: Blowfish

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Where has this notion that his skating is a concern coming from? Read the kids scouting report and it says the opposite...

"his shot and skating abilities show enough promise to envision him as a potential 20 goal scorer in the professional ranks."

"his strong skating ability and physicality are likely more than enough to cement his position as a top 100 pick this month"

"Frederic shows good hockey IQ, finding open space away from defenders, and making smart safe plays… Frederic is a good skater."

^That was from one scouting report that I read. So I'm not sure where all the sudden this notion has come from that Frederic isn't a good skater. Seems like on these boards the only way you are considered a good skater is if you move like Pasta and Marchand.

There were certain scouting services around the draft who questioned Frederic's skating ability and offensive awareness. I think Frederic has proven folks wrong on the offensive game and has worked hard to improve his skating. Ever since joining Wisconsin, Frederic has able to keep up with the play. A lot of that has to do with his vision and knowing where the play is heading. He is smart. From my most recent viewings, he still needs to work on his foot-speed and edge-work, but I think he'll get there. He is already a strong kid and still has room to add strength to his lower body. He has good balance.

Frederic is a "good" skater for his size and if he continues to work on that aspect, he could be extremely effective at C in the NHL.

Even if he isn't able to improve in that area, he has NHL level offensive awareness and anticipation to earn a job in the bottom 9.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve seen Frederic enough to know I like a lot about this player

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I’ve seen Frederic enough to know I like a lot about this player

Folks who are worried about Frederic's speed. Just look how effective Heinen, Nash and Backes were last season. No speedsters there.

On that note, I was thinking about Frederic this morning even before seeing this thread. How cool would it be if Frederic and Backes were able to play together on a line some day. Master and Apprentice. Maybe with Heinen on LW. I think it is realistic for Backes to hit 45+ and 20g this season and maybe next. Why not?

Reactions: HustleB and DKH

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Folks who are worried about Frederic's speed. Just look how effective Heinen, Nash and Backes were last season. No speedsters there.

On that note, I was thinking about Frederic this morning even before seeing this thread. How cool would it be if Frederic and Backes were able to play together on a line some day. Master and Apprentice. Maybe with Heinen on LW. I think it is realistic for Backes to hit 45+ and 20g this season and maybe next. Why not?

A line of Heinen-Frederic-Backes would be interesting. Just with the physical play of Frederic/Backes they could wear lines down

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Eye on the Future: Trent Frederic

Trent Frederic

^under the read more section

Trent Frederic Scouting Report: 2016 NHL Draft #58

Says he has powerful strides but needs to improve agility and edge work and also has trouble skating through traffic

NHL Draft Prospect Profile: Trent Frederic – BSN Denver

Quite a few websites knocking his overall skatin ability. There’s more as well that I can post, but I think you get the picture.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Under read more all it says about his skating is "Frederic projects as a future mid-line forward in the NHL but will need to continue to work on his skating to be effective."

No where does it say he's a bad skater and most players need to work on skating to make it to the NHL level.

Trent Frederic Scouting Report: 2016 NHL Draft #58

Says he has powerful strides but needs to improve agility and edge work and also has trouble skating through traffic

Ya you're kind of trying to re-word things to make your point, so lets just go ahead and put the actual quote out there. Funny is the first thing its says is "Frederic is a good skater", but lets just put it below for everyone to read

Frederic is a good skater. He has the speed and acceleration necessary to be dangerous off the rush, or be the first one in on the fore check. He could use some work on his edge work and agility

NHL Draft Prospect Profile: Trent Frederic – BSN Denver

Quite a few websites knocking his overall skatin ability. There’s more as well that I can post, but I think you get the picture.

Sorry not taking the opinion of someone who seems nothing more than a blogger.

I've found in your own scouting reports where they say he's a good skater + all the ones I showed. You want to take the opinion of a blogger from Denver whose probably never really watched the kid....great! That's the same guy who said...

Getting him in the third round would be good value while selecting him at 40 would represent a small "reach."

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Under read more all it says about his skating is "Frederic projects as a future mid-line forward in the NHL but will need to continue to work on his skating to be effective."

No where does it say he's a bad skater and most players need to work on skating to make it to the NHL level.

Ya you're kind of trying to re-word things to make your point, so lets just go ahead and put the actual quote out there. Funny is the first thing its says is "Frederic is a good skater", but lets just put it below for everyone to read

Frederic is a good skater. He has the speed and acceleration necessary to be dangerous off the rush, or be the first one in on the fore check. He could use some work on his edge work and agility

Sorry not taking the opinion of someone who seems nothing more than a blogger.

I've found in your own scouting reports where they say he's a good skater + all the ones I showed. You want to take the opinion of a blogger from Denver whose probably never really watched the kid....great! That's the same guy who said...

Getting him in the third round would be good value while selecting him at 40 would represent a small "reach."

Ya most people are saying he’s a powerful skater but there is much more to skating than just straight line speed. Poor agility and edges and has trouble skating through traffic. Greztky when we drafted him called him a 3rd line center, imagine that has a lot to do with his skating. Looks like we drafted someone out of the backes/lucic skating mold, a dying breed in the nhl. I’m much more worried about him skating in minimal space and changing directions than I am worried about him being able to slate fast as possible down ice on a breakout

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ya most people are saying he’s a powerful skater but there is much more to skating than just straight line speed. Poor agility and edges and has trouble skating through traffic. Greztky when we drafted him called him a 3rd line center, imagine that has a lot to do with his skating. Looks like we drafted someone out of the backes/lucic skating mold, a dying breed in the nhl.

And edge/agility are all things AGAIN that most prospect need to work on to make it to the NHL level. You're narrative was that he's a bad skater, yet the only knock you've found (outside of some blogger) is his edge work/agility needs work. Meanwhile we've seen (evidence from links/quote we've both provided) that many report says he's a good skater....which is the opposite of what you're saying. BTW I take Greztky's comment with a grain of salt. For all we know he was pushing for Boston to draft someone else and when they didn't, he downplayed the Frederic pick because that's not who he wanted the B's to draft.

His skating seemed good enough for WJC and he skated well enough in the AHL to be a productive player. Why don't we just wait and see how his skating looks during pre-season. This mythical fact about Frederic and his bad skating is as annoying as the theory that Krejci/Pasta have no chemistry.... yet they were both over a PPG at the worlds this off-season playing on the same line.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And edge/agility are all things AGAIN that most prospect need to work on to make it to the NHL level. You're narrative was that he's a bad skater, yet the only knock you've found (outside of some blogger) is his edge work/agility needs work. Meanwhile we've seen (evidence from links/quote we've both provided) that many report says he's a good skater....which is the opposite of what you're saying. BTW I take Greztky's comment with a grain of salt. For all we know he was pushing for Boston to draft someone else and when they didn't, he downplayed the Frederic pick because that's not who he wanted the B's to draft.

His skating seemed good enough for WJC and he skated well enough in the AHL to be a productive player. Why don't we just wait and see how his skating looks during pre-season. This mythical fact about Frederic and his bad skating is as annoying as the theory that Krejci/Pasta have no chemistry.... yet they were both over a PPG at the worlds this off-season playing on the same line.

Whatever you say man there’s been plenty of scouts, bruins personnel and people who cover hockey to say they are down on his skating. You can feel how you want, but I’ll trust people like Gretzky and highly trafficked scouting reports over you.

Hopefully he turns out to be a great prospect and dominates. I just don’t see him being anything more than a 3rd line center with below average skating ability in a league trending away from his style of play, especially with having other centers like jfk and studnicka most likely getting top two forward pairing center jobs of the future.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Whatever you say man there’s been plenty of scouts, bruins personnel and people who cover hockey to say they are down on his skating. You can feel how you want, but I’ll trust people like Gretzky and highly trafficked scouting reports over you.

Hopefully he turns out to be a great prospect and dominates. I just don’t see him being anything more than a 3rd line center with below average skating ability in a league trending away from his style of play, especially with having other centers like jfk and studnicka most likely getting top two forward pairing center jobs of the future.
You don’t know how any of these kids are going to pan out. They aren’t as good as people say and probably not as bad as other people say. We’ll see. They are prospects. It’s a crap shoot.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You don’t know how any of these kids are going to pan out. They aren’t as good as people say and probably not as bad as other people say. We’ll see. They are prospects. It’s a crap shoot.

I’m aware, I’m just higher on studnicka and jfk with the way the nhl is trending lately. Many scouts and even former bruins personnel Keith Gretzky have said they think he is a 3rd liner. I imagine much of that due to his lack of agility and other facets of his skating ability.

Nothing wrong with that, I hope he is a dominant 3rd line center. I’m just higher on our other center prospects than I am Frederic and the major reason in that is his skating ability and the lack of progression he showed at Wisconsin from year one to year two. Size and powerful straight line skating can be great at lower levels like college and the AHL, but the nhl is a whole new level.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Admittedly, I know next to nothing about most prospects, but I'd think the Bruins would rank higher than 27. :skeptic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->