Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
The games I saw Zboril play in Providence.....I think he is ready but just needs to get a decent run of NHL minutes

He can skate, retrieve pucks and transition pretty damn well....and does it in a way where you almost don't notice him jumping out, but he's effective. I just think it's part of the maturation proces - not every player is McAvoy and ready at 19. I would not label the kid a bust by any stretch, its a process

Bjork, Frederic, Studnicka, Senyshyn - need one or two of these guys to take the next step and become a contributor this year, even if its after the midway point in season

Lauzon, Vaakanainen, Zboril - need one or two of them to do the same and establish themselves

Reactions: GordonHowe

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I don’t think either of them are going to be impact nhl players. Zboril may end up an up and down 7th D in the nhl. I don’t think ZS is an nhl player. He isn’t good enough for top 9, and not gritty enough for bottom 3.

I think Senyshyn is absolutely going to be a NHL player and he has all the tools....crazy speed, decent size and wicked shot...just learning to play the pro game where as a junior player he could just rely and speed, size, shot.

For what it's worth....know someone who played in Prov and said both of them are gonna be fine, learning the pro game, that's all

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think Senyshyn is absolutely going to be a NHL player and he has all the tools....crazy speed, decent size and wicked shot...just learning to play the pro game where as a junior player he could just rely and speed, size, shot.

For what it's worth....know someone who played in Prov and said both of them are gonna be fine, learning the pro game, that's all

What people don’t realize unless they watched providence bruins games is what senyshyn was asked to do last year.

He was asked to play a bottom 6 role and work on the finer points of his game. He wasn’t surrounded by top talent and didn’t see much power play time.

Next year he should be put in a top 6 role with talent around him and we will see how he does.

Reactions: GordonHowe

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What people don’t realize unless they watched providence bruins games is what senyshyn was asked to do last year.

He was asked to play a bottom 6 role and work on the finer points of his game. He wasn’t surrounded by top talent and didn’t see much power play time.

Next year he should be put in a top 6 role with talent around him and we will see how he does.

I really hope Senyshyn can be a top 6 player. Heck, I'd be pretty happy at this point is he becomes a 35 point 3rd line player who can skate and play D.

I just feel like I typed that same post after Senyshyn's first season at Providence. I was willing to let it pass as he was buried in the bottom 6, and that the next year he would get top 6 minutes and then it would start to click for him

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Stud, Frederic, and Beecher.

Forsbacka Karlsson should be up among the top center prospects. He is listed as a center by Hockey News.

Interesting—he is not listed on the official Bruins roster at this point, nor is he listed among the prospects.

loozer

Nov 2, 2007
Bay Area
Forsbacka Karlsson should be up among the top center prospects. He is listed as a center by Hockey News.

Interesting—he is not listed on the official Bruins roster at this point, nor is he listed among the prospects.
He officially isn't on the roster, as they are letting him play in Sweden this year. I'm not sure exactly what the shenanigans they need to do to retain his rights and let him play in Sweden but from what was said in the press that is essentially what will happen. They'll retain his right the same way they have koko's rights, albeit JFK and the Bruins still seem on good terms and both agreed to him playing in Sweden this year.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
He officially isn't on the roster, as they are letting him play in Sweden this year. I'm not sure exactly what the shenanigans they need to do to retain his rights and let him play in Sweden but from what was said in the press that is essentially what will happen. They'll retain his right the same way they have koko's rights, albeit JFK and the Bruins still seem on good terms and both agreed to him playing in Sweden this year.

Thanks--I understood that he will be playing in Sweden this year, but others in Europe (Koppanen, Shen, Berglund, etc.) are on the prospect list and F. Karlsson is not.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

How many years now is this Senyshyn has been learning the pro game 2, 3? How goals did the "pure goal scorer" score last year? 14. It was an inexcusable reach at 15th overall. Extactic that Gretzky is on his way to helping keep Edmonton irrelevant and is no longer here.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How many years now is this Senyshyn has been learning the pro game 2, 3? How goals did the "pure goal scorer" score last year? 14. It was an inexcusable reach at 15th overall. Extactic that Gretzky is on his way to helping keep Edmonton irrelevant and is no longer here.
Gretzky’s strategy would indeed be ex tactic since most FO guys try to improve their teams. :)

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I watched him a lot in Junior,was pretty shocked he went so high.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He'll be 22 pretty much all next season. Many of the college guys enter the league that age or older.

It's all good. Still has time.

Last edited:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Prospect reset...

CENTERS
John Beecher, University of Michigan (18)
Ryan Fitzgerald, Providence Bruins (24)
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Vaxjo (22)
Trent Frederic, Providence Bruins (21)
Curtis Hall, Yale University (19)
Cameron Hughes, Providence Bruins (22)
Joona Koppanen, Providence Bruins (21)
Pavel Shen, Tolpar Ufa (19)
Jack Studnicka, Providence Bruins (20)

RIGHT SHOT WINGS
Jack Becker, University of Michigan (22)
Karson Kuhlman, Providence Bruins??? (23)
Zach Senyshyn, Providence Bruins (22)
Oskar Steen, Providence Bruins (21)

LEFT SHOT WINGS
Anders Bjork, Providence Bruins (23)
Anton Blidh, Providence Bruins (24)
Peter Cehlarik, Providence Bruins (23)
Alex Khokhlachev, Spartak Moscow (25)
Jakub Lauko, Rouyn-Noranda (19)
Matias Mantykivi, SaiPa (18)
Quinn Olson, University of Minnesota-Duluth (18)
Jake Schmaltz, University of North Dakota (18)

RIGHT SHOT DEFENSE
Axel Andersson, Djurgardens (19)
Victor Berglund, Providence Bruins (20)
Cameron Clarke, Ferris State University (23)

LEFT SHOT DEFENSE
Linus Arnesson, Farjestad (24)
Roman Bychkov, Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (18)
Emil Johansson, HV71 (23)
Jeremy Lauzon, Providence Bruins (22)
Dustyn McFaul, Clarkson University (19)
Wiley Sherman, Providence Bruins (24)
Urho Vaakanainen, Providence Bruins (20)
Jakub Zboril, Providence Bruins (22)

GOALIES
Kyle Keyser, Providence Bruins (20)
Jeremy Swayman, University of Maine (20)
Daniel Vladar, Providence Bruins (22)

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin and 00BW

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Prospect reset...

CENTERS
Jack Becker, University of Michigan (22)
John Beecher, University of Michigan (18)
Ryan Fitzgerald, Providence Bruins (24)
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Providence Bruins...sort of (22)
Trent Frederic, Providence Bruins (21)
Curtis Hall, Yale University (19)
Cameron Hughes, Providence Bruins (22)
Joona Koppanen, Providence Bruins (21)
Pavel Shen, Tolpar Ufa (19)
Jack Studnicka, Providence Bruins (20)

RIGHT SHOT WINGS
Karson Kuhlman, Providence Bruins??? (23)
Jake Schmaltz, University of North Dakota (18)
Zach Senyshyn, Providence Bruins (22)
Oskar Steen, Providence Bruins (21)

LEFT SHOT WINGS
Anders Bjork, Providence Bruins (23)
Anton Blidh, Providence Bruins (24)
Peter Cehlarik, Providence Bruins (23)
Alex Khokhlachev, Spartak Moscow (25)
Jakub Lauko, Rouyn-Noranda (19)
Matias Mantykivi, SaiPa (18)
Quinn Olson, University of Minnesota-Duluth (18)

RIGHT SHOT DEFENSE
Axel Andersson, Djurgardens (19)
Victor Berglund, Providence Bruins (20)
Cameron Clarke, Ferris State University (23)

LEFT SHOT DEFENSE
Linus Arnesson, Farjestad (24)
Roman Bychkov, Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (18)
Emil Johansson, HV71 (23)
Jeremy Lauzon, Providence Bruins (22)
Dustyn McFaul, Clarkson University (19)
Wiley Sherman, Providence Bruins (24)
Urho Vaakanainen, Providence Bruins (20)
Jakub Zboril, Providence Bruins (22)

GOALIES
Kyle Keyser, Providence Bruins (20)
Jeremy Swayman, University of Maine (20)
Daniel Vladar, Providence Bruins (22)
Good list. I see 3 mistakes though. The first is Jack Becker is a Right Shot Winger instead of a center. JFK will be playing for Vaxjo this season. And finally Jake Schmaltz is a left shot winger not right.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Good list. I see 3 mistakes though. The first is Jack Becker is a Right Shot Winger instead of a center. JFK will be playing for Vaxjo this season. And finally Jake Schmaltz is a left shot winger not right.
I'm going to blame my source materials for the Becker and Schmaltz mistakes.

I completely missed the part about JFK playing for Vaxjo, though. My bad.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

No problem. The JFK was just recent and Becker has been listed as a center but has played RW mostly at Michigan.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA

Thank you for the list.

Technically, you can add Clifton to Right Shot Defense. He's still 24 and only played 19 regular season games so he is still Calder eligible next year.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I think he took a giant step back to close out the year. I don't like that he's going back overseas instead of staying in Providence.

Hockeydb has Stud at 6'2, which they changed from last year. They might have some more recent measurements to give him another inch.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
John Beecher was invited to the WJC Summer Showcase which takes place in late July.
Curtis Hall and Axel Andersson are also invited.
The event is usually streamed online (paywall) which is good because that's around when hockey withdrawal starts to kick in.

Reactions: 00BW

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think he took a giant step back to close out the year. I don't like that he's going back overseas instead of staying in Providence.

Hockeydb has Stud at 6'2, which they changed from last year. They might have some more recent measurements to give him another inch.

From my understanding there is some personal/family things that JFK wants to be close to home for. Playing overseas though it means that Boston doesn't have send JFK through waivers to play in Providence this year, which I believe @Dom - OHL had mentioned in another thread.

Reactions: 00BW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->