Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wow, is it really next week for the prospect camp? Where does the time go?
Yup. Given how long the playoffs went they had to move Dev Camp up to get everyone in and still have enough prep time for July 1st.

I'm expecting a small group this year and minimal invites.

Looking forward to Keyser, Swayman, Lauko and Steen

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yup. Given how long the playoffs went they had to move Dev Camp up to get everyone in and still have enough prep time for July 1st.

I’m looking forward to studnicka and Vaak as well as those guys.

Reactions: bbfan419

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

What are the dates for D Camp?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Looks like no Studnicka or Keydets next week which makes sense

full

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
tough question. we'll see what sweeney does in the next few weeks. guys who i believe are ready:

connor clifton
karson kuhlman
anton blidh
jeremy lauzon

guys who may be ready:

urho vaakanainen
anders bjork
zach senyshyn
trent frederic
jakub zboril

wild cards/longshots:

oskar steen
jack studnicka
jakub lauko
cameron hughes

i think cehlarik will be traded soon.

Could those of you who follow this closely inform as to the progress (or lack thereof) of zach senyshyn & Zboril?

Do you see either as NHL material? Any info appreciated.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Could those of you who follow this closely inform as to the progress (or lack thereof) of zach senyshyn & Zboril?

I know it wasn't my post, but I have a slow day at work and am bored so figured I'd drop my 2 cents.

To me, Lauzon, Clifton and Kuhlman are definitely NHL ready. It's just a matter of how they all fit into the roster.

Vaak is probably ready this year or next at the latest. Bjork certainly could be if he stays healthy long enough, but he hasn't yet.

Studnicka is the one that I am rooting the most for though.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Exactly, business, even sports business, is all about relationship building. GMs, coaches, players, agents, etc. If a team can help a player get a better opportunity elsewhere that they can't offer within their organization, to me the long-term benefits of helping that player find an opportunity goes a long-way in the bigger picture to running an organization with a positive culture. What goes around comes around as they say.

Sure, sometimes it's not possible, sometimes tough decisions need to be made, but by and large I think most GMs are good guys and want to see everyone succeed in their professional life to a certain degree.

And that's how it's done. Look at the culture the Bruins have. It wasn't always that way. I continue to credit Peter Chiarelli (who may be on his way to Vancouver, ironically), Claude Julien, and Zdeno Chara.

I also credit Charlie Jacobs for beginning the reclamation process by hiring Chiarelli in the first place.

Reactions: BruinDust

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Absolutely. The fan in me wants them to keep Moore, because he's a good D-man. But I can also see them moving him if it's his desire to do go somewhere where he will play everyday.

The culture of this organization as done a complete 360 since the salary cap was introduced. And it shows with the number of players who now see Boston and the Bruins as a desirable organization to play for.

Not coincidentally, Sinden & OC left the scene around that time. Sorry, couldn't resist.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not coincidentally, Sinden & OC left the scene around that time. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Without getting the thread off topic, as a fan that was a tough time. Annual hold-outs, guys getting dealt when they wanted to be paid. UFA's left to walk every off-season. Then along comes the free agency free-for-all the summer of 2005 when the Bruins got spurned by all the big fish they chased and ended up with their secondary choices like Zhamnov and Leetch. As if they believed their hard-line stance the previous decade or so wouldn't have any negative impact. Just dark, dark days. But on the flip side, it made the revival of the Bruins as a relevant organization from 2007-08 onward just that much sweeter.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I know it wasn't my post, but I have a slow day at work and am bored so figured I'd drop my 2 cents.

To me, Lauzon, Clifton and Kuhlman are definitely NHL ready. It's just a matter of how they all fit into the roster.

Vaak is probably ready this year or next at the latest. Bjork certainly could be if he stays healthy long enough, but he hasn't yet.

Studnicka is the one that I am rooting the most for though.

Thanks. I'm rooting for Jack, too. It seems Clifton & Kuhlman have proven they're NHL ready. I think both may have a role to play for the B's, and am particularly pleased at the emergence of CC.

But again, what of the 2015 two?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Thanks. I'm rooting for Jack, too. It seems Clifton & Kuhlman have proven they're NHL ready. I think both may have a role to play for the B's, and am particularly pleased at the emergence of CC.

According to @BruinsNetwork, and I hope I am not misquoting him, Zboril is NHL-ready, at least on a third pairing, but is blocked in Boston by Chara, Krug, Grzelcyk and Moore. As for Senysyhyn, I think that he said he's developing well but not quite ready for the NHL.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

So I know Eric posted it multiple times in the providence thread in that Zboril is NHL ready. He still had some consistency issues but as a whole had a good season. He played better when the Defense was short handed this season. As for Senyshyn he showed a huge improvement on his total game. He did score more goals than last year while getting bounced around the line up. His most productive time was with Hughes and cehlarik. Something I also noticed was that he didn’t go on long dry spells for points as he did last year. Hopefully this helps a little.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
According to @BruinsNetwork, and I hope I am not misquoting him, Zboril is NHL-ready, at least on a third pairing, but is blocked in Boston by Chara, Krug, Grzelcyk and Moore. As for Senysyhyn, I think that he said he's developing well but not quite ready for the NHL.

I know I'm being unfair, and ignorant, but I don't see Zboril competing for even a third pairing. The flag at the time was "taking games off" and an apparent unwillingness to get his nose dirty.

ZS? He seems lost to me. Just from afar. Which is why I'm asking the question.

Reactions: Estlin

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
So I know Eric posted it multiple times in the providence thread in that Zboril is NHL ready. He still had some consistency issues but as a whole had a good season. He played better when the Defense was short handed this season. As for Senyshyn he showed a huge improvement on his total game. He did score more goals than last year while getting bounced around the line up. His most productive time was with Hughes and cehlarik. Something I also noticed was that he didn’t go on long dry spells for points as he did last year. Hopefully this helps a little.

Thanks for the info.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
You're hired!

Last edited:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Without getting the thread off topic, as a fan that was a tough time. Annual hold-outs, guys getting dealt when they wanted to be paid. UFA's left to walk every off-season. Then along comes the free agency free-for-all the summer of 2005 when the Bruins got spurned by all the big fish they chased and ended up with their secondary choices like Zhamnov and Leetch. As if they believed their hard-line stance the previous decade or so wouldn't have any negative impact. Just dark, dark days. But on the flip side, it made the revival of the Bruins as a relevant organization from 2007-08 onward just that much sweeter.

You are leaving out the worst part about the lockout. Their strategy going in was to clear the roster and not sign anybody. It was a very good roster at the time, btw.

They thought teams would have to shed players to get under the cap and then they could scoop them up. It turns out teams that kept their players made out much better since there was a 24% rollback on existing contracts. THEN the Bruins tried to sign the left overs and got spurned by guys like Roenick and Modano.

Worst part is that Jacobs was one of the driving forces behind the lockout and his was the team that was screwed the most.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I know I'm being unfair, and ignorant, but I don't see Zboril competing for even a third pairing. The flag at the time was "taking games off" and an apparent unwillingness to get his nose dirty.

ZS? He seems lost to me. Just from afar. Which is why I'm asking the question.
Zboril still has massive upside but is his own worst enemy, He could play in the NHL on the right team with the right coach today.
I'm a development guy and for me I'd attach him to Chara's hip all pre season then play him as the #1 dman in Providence for the full year,there's no reason to panic or rush him.
Senyshyn, I'd be lying if I said he wasnt improving ,it's just slow,very slow,imo he's not going to get better coaching elsewhere so at this point it's on him,there were times he looked like a potential serviceable NHL player and times I'd like know what our scouting staff was thinking

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007

I don’t think either of them are going to be impact nhl players. Zboril may end up an up and down 7th D in the nhl. I don’t think ZS is an nhl player. He isn’t good enough for top 9, and not gritty enough for bottom 3.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Zboril still has massive upside but is his own worst enemy, He could play in the NHL on the right team with the right coach today.
I'm a development guy and for me I'd attach him to Chara's hip all pre season then play him as the #1 dman in Providence for the full year,there's no reason to panic or rush him.
Senyshyn, I'd be lying if I said he wasnt improving ,it's just slow,very slow,imo he's not going to get better coaching elsewhere so at this point it's on him,there were times he looked like a potential serviceable NHL player and times I'd like know what our scouting staff was thinking

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->