Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Quinn Olson is attending Univ.Of Minnesota this year

2019-20 Men's Hockey Roster - UMD Athletics
They play your daughter school next Friday in Minn

But

December 29 & 30 at Merrimack in my neck of the woods

Sounds like a good time to check out a game

The 30th is Monday so that would work

Sweeney lives minutes away and I’m sure will take it in.

Quinn Olson could be a big time sleeper

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

But

I might be up for that,keep me in the loop

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
my top 10 'prospects' im expecting to play meaningful careers with the NHL

1/ I feel the surest best is urho vaikanainen… with chara due to retire soon theres room for a top pairing shut down leftshot dman...

2/ Jack Studnicka gets the same bonus that Vaikananen does... we are going to have a hole for him when hes ready to fill it.

3/Karson Kulman… all this talk about character spells B R U I N S to me... it doesnt hurt he has some skilz too. Bruins have always showed loyalty to their 3rd line types that can join the program.

4/John Beacher… the new kid on the block might be the best one on the whole list. Bruins have a history of seeing diamonds in the rough with kids like Bergeron/Marchand/Lucic. Its going to be a couple years before I expect to be able to be more sure we can add this name to that list though.

5/Conor Clifton... probably tops out as a don Sweeney type guy if he fulfills his fullest potential. Thats still pretty damn good. along with Karson kuhlman 2 guys that were not even making our top 20 list this time last year so just shows you how volatile these lists can be.

6/Oskar Steen... could have higher potential for impact then kulman or Clifton... or could end up a nevin markwart type that never gets past 4th line status. I put him 6th because he's been improving leaps and bounds almost weekly for the past year... and his being a natural rw seems to open the red sea for him to make the team the second he can show he is ready.

7/Trent Fedric… you cant teach size... but you can teach defensive play and battle level. He was a project the day we drafted him and its nothing horrible that he still has work to do now.

8/ Kyle Keyser… sadly goalies can stand on their heads as kids and somehow never have good nhl careers. Look no further than Hannu Toivonen in our recent past. We will need a kid goalie in the next 2-3 seasons though so the door is open for Keyser to grab the golden ring.

9/showing just how deep we are... theres at least 5 guys I could add to this list... im grading the guys based on how they would have a career in Boston and not for some other team... so I will go with Jacob Lauko... He has that sparkplug style of play Boston likes. He is only this low on the team because I think he is behind Marchand/Debrusk/Heinen and possibly bjork as our top LH shot wingers so he might have more roadblocks in his path then some of the guys higher on the list... of course he might just race right past Bjork and make Heinen expendable too.

10/Will Bjork get his chance to make the team, or will he follow Donato out the door as trade bait before it can happen for him? A few years ago I controversial said that I didnt expect Bjork would ever have a meaningful career in Boston. Does Senyshyn finally show a dominant scoring touch in the AHL this year and keep his spot as a rw of the future or is he now firmly behind pastrnak/kuhlman/steen and about to run out of chances? Can Zboril become something better than the next Jeff Jilsson type of prospect and take his pre-ordained spot as chara's natural replacement or has he lost his chance to vaakanainen? Will a spot open up for Jeremy Lauzon before time runs out for him... likely hes battling for a 7th spot against someone like john moore or hoping he can grab the 6th spot if we trade one of grezlyck or krug? Honestly I can see an argument for any of these 4 guys to already be on the team right now so its pretty good as far as prospect depth goes. Im going to cheat and give spot 10 to this entire group of four guys.

ultimately, it NEVER HAPPENS that an entire list of your top 10 prospects will eventually play on your team in a meaningful way... so I think I am going to miss on at least 2-3 of these guys... but when people say we dont have a prospect list its just Pejorative Slured

and... McAvoy/carlo are actually still prospect age... hell you might argue Pastrnak/Heinen are of the age where some teams still list these type of guys in their prospect list too.

people want to say we are old and about to pass our peak... but we are homegrowing some deep deep deep depth... and you can always find some front line players through free agency and trades if you manage your cap well.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
my top 10 'prospects' im expecting to play meaningful careers with the NHL

1/ I feel the surest best is urho vaikanainen… with chara due to retire soon theres room for a top pairing shut down leftshot dman...

2/ Jack Studnicka gets the same bonus that Vaikananen does... we are going to have a hole for him when hes ready to fill it.

3/Karson Kulman… all this talk about character spells B R U I N S to me... it doesnt hurt he has some skilz too. Bruins have always showed loyalty to their 3rd line types that can join the program.

4/John Beacher… the new kid on the block might be the best one on the whole list. Bruins have a history of seeing diamonds in the rough with kids like Bergeron/Marchand/Lucic. Its going to be a couple years before I expect to be able to be more sure we can add this name to that list though.

5/Conor Clifton... probably tops out as a don Sweeney type guy if he fulfills his fullest potential. Thats still pretty damn good. along with Karson kuhlman 2 guys that were not even making our top 20 list this time last year so just shows you how volatile these lists can be.

6/Oskar Steen... could have higher potential for impact then kulman or Clifton... or could end up a nevin markwart type that never gets past 4th line status. I put him 6th because he's been improving leaps and bounds almost weekly for the past year.

7/Trent Fedric… you cant teach size... but you can teach defensive play and battle level. He was a project the day we drafted him and its nothing horrible that he still has work to do now.

8/Jeremy Swayman… sadly goalies can stand on their heads as kids and somehow never have good nhl careers. Look no further than Hannu Toivonen in our recent past. We will need a kid goalie in the next 2-3 seasons though so the door is open for Swayman to grab the golden ring.

9/showing just how deep we are... theres at least 5 guys I could add to this list... im grading the guys based on how they would have a career in Boston and not for some other team... so I will go with Jacob Lauko... He has that sparkplug style of play Boston likes. He is only this low on the team because I think he is behind Marchand/Debrusk/Steen as our top LH shot wingers so he might have more roadblocks in his path then some of the guys higher

10/Will Bjork get his chance or follow Donato out the door? A few years ago I controversial said that I didnt expect Bjork would ever have a meaningful career in Boston. Does Senyshyn finally show a dominant scoring touch in the AHL this year? Can Zboril become something better than the next Jeff Jilsson type of prospect? Will a spot open up for Jeremy Lauzon before time runs out for him? Honestly I can see an argument for any of these 4 guys to already be on the team. Im going to cheat and give spot 10 to this group of four guys.

ultimately, it NEVER HAPPENS that an entire list of your top 10 prospects will eventually play on your team in a meaningful way... so I think I am going to miss on at least 2-3 of these guys... but when people say we dont have a prospect list its just ******ed

and... McAvoy/carlo are actually still prospect age... hell you might argue Pastrnak/Heinen are of the age where some teams still list these type of guys in their prospect list too.

people want to say we are old and about to pass our peak... but we are homegrowing some deep deep deep depth... and you can always find some front line players through free agency and trades if you manage your cap well.

Not to nitpick, but...

1) This list is missing Kyle Keyser.
2) Steen is a righty.
3) "You can always get front line guys in free agency..." You can?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not to nitpick, but...

2) Steen is a righty.

I think I brain farted and put swayman when I meant keyser… mostly I bow down to dom when he says which of the goalies has a chance... I can NEVER predict goalies

im going to say that i stuck steen instead of Heinen for my top 3 lws but im just covering up... i should have remembered steen is a much needed rw prospect

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

But

Hope to see home in November Wolf was at rookie camp. Saw him last year big boy

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Not to nitpick, but...

2) Steen is a righty.

as for my comment getting guys in free agency if you need them... i guess the way I meant is you trade for the guy the year before and then you usually resign him before he reaches ufa. a guy like braden schenn who signed today is a prime example of a top player that basically left philly because they couldnt/wouldnt pay to keep him

Charlie coyle was available to us because hes so close to ufa… pay him or lose him. I think there was around 30 guys you would call either first or second line studs who moved teams last 12 months because they were about to become a free agent.

teams are more intent then ever before to get something for these guys before letting them just walk for nothing... but to get sure fire stud you can sign to 7-8 year deal is worth giving up a pick or two to rent him ahead of time... and then almost all the guys will resign.

its just a question of having the cap space... and if we were to lose our expensive players without having in house replacements, then it follows we would have the cap space to go shopping

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
as for my comment getting guys in free agency if you need them... i guess the way I meant is you trade for the guy the year before and then you usually resign him before he reaches ufa. a guy like braden schenn who signed today is a prime example of a top player that basically left philly because they couldnt/wouldnt pay to keep him

Charlie coyle was available to us because hes so close to ufa… pay him or lose him. I think there was around 30 guys you would call either first or second line studs who moved teams last 12 months because they were about to become a free agent.

teams are more intent then ever before to get something for these guys before letting them just walk for nothing... but to get sure fire stud you can sign to 7-8 year deal is worth giving up a pick or two to rent him ahead of time... and then almost all the guys will resign.

its just a question of having the cap space... and if we were to lose our expensive players without having in house replacements, then it follows we would have the cap space to go shopping

30 1st and 2nd line “studs” have moved teams in the past 12 months before hitting free agency? Different NHL than I follow...

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
30 1st and 2nd line “studs” have moved teams in the past 12 months before hitting free agency? Different NHL than I follow...

lets find out

in june 2018 max domi got moved... you might want to count alex galchenyuk too... I think he was signed though... try to limit to to freeagents

mike houghman got traded and then signed to a new deal... his trade wasnt 100% contract related but only teams with a lot of caproom were able to get involved

we had the ferland/Hamilton for Lindholm and hanifin trade... at least 2 of those guys were wanting expensive new contracts

does connor sheary qualify as a top 6 forward? he was a cap dump

moving to july ryan oreilly brings the total to what... should we call it 6 guys so far?

jeff skinner makes it 7

max pacioretti makes it 8

erik karlsson 9

I wont count Andrew coliano but i think we have to count nino neiterriter

jake muzzin and Charlie coyle get us to 12

kevin hayes to 13

matt Duchene to 14

zurcallo and nyqvist arent my cup of tea but they have to count right... thats 16

grandlund was a cost cutter out of Minnesota... we got Johansson from Washington... 18 guys that were moved because they were
needing new contracts and their old team wanted to get out from it

mark stone and wayne Simmonds get us to 20

how many guys were available but didnt move because the price wasnt met? was Brayden schenn really close to coming here?

should I count dzingle? what qualifies as a legitimate top 6 guy? should ryan strome count?

I think you are following a league that you might have missed some movement... cause I got to 20 here and it was a fairly slow year... if we went back to and looked at the last few years I think the answer will be the same.

Reactions: PepeBostones

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
lets find out

in june 2018 max domi got moved... you might want to count alex galchenyuk too... I think he was signed though... try to limit to to freeagents

mike houghman got traded and then signed to a new deal... his trade wasnt 100% contract related but only teams with a lot of caproom were able to get involved

we had the ferland/Hamilton for Lindholm and hanifin trade... at least 2 of those guys were wanting expensive new contracts

does connor sheary qualify as a top 6 forward? he was a cap dump

moving to july ryan oreilly brings the total to what... should we call it 6 guys so far?

jeff skinner makes it 7

max pacioretti makes it 8

erik karlsson 9

I wont count Andrew coliano but i think we have to count nino neiterriter

jake muzzin and Charlie coyle get us to 12

kevin hayes to 13

matt Duchene to 14

zurcallo and nyqvist arent my cup of tea but they have to count right... thats 16

grandlund was a cost cutter out of Minnesota... we got Johansson from Washington... 18 guys that were moved because they were
needing new contracts and their old team wanted to get out from it

mark stone and wayne Simmonds get us to 20

how many guys were available but didnt move because the price wasnt met? was Brayden schenn really close to coming here?

should I count dzingle? what qualifies as a legitimate top 6 guy? should ryan strome count?

I think you are following a league that you might have missed some movement... cause I got to 20 here and it was a fairly slow year... if we went back to and looked at the last few years I think the answer will be the same.

You said 30 , you gave us 20 ( some real straw grasping among them) and you think you've made your point by saying it was a fairly slow year?

Reactions: Lo97

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You said 30 , you gave us 20 ( some real straw grasping among them) and you think you've made your point by saying it was a fairly slow year?
well i guess I said 20-30 if we are being accurate and then I disqualified around 5 guys that did clearly fit the parameter but I thought id throw out some to further illustrate my point so I named 25 guys here... plus didnt include kevin hayes was traded twice so that makes 2 times a team could have got him

im actually quite fine with my point... but i certainly invite you to examin another year if you wanted to prove me wrong though.

sadly, i guess we are leaving the topic of prospects here and didnt want to get the mods upset, but I might be interested who you consider straw grasping from my list too?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->