Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Senyshyn played well Saturday night ,he was on the 2nd PK unit,don't remember any PP time though
He had 2 assists and was the primary engine on a third goal but didn't figure in the scoring

he's in for a big year. who did he skate with on saturday? expect he'll have skilled
lineys this season, but they are so deep that actual line numbering may not even
matter.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
he's in for a big year. who did he skate with on saturday? expect he'll have skilled
lineys this season, but they are so deep that actual line numbering may not even
matter.
Fitzgerald and Shen from the Tweet. The lines probably changed during the game though.

Reactions: neelynugs

BruinsNetwork

Fitzgerald and Shen from the Tweet. The lines probably changed during the game though.

Could be good or bad skating with Fitzgerald honestly. He’s skilled enough to make plays, but his skating and foot-speed is mediocre when trying to separate. It’s better than throwing him with Blidh, though.

Hope we’ll get a chance to see @Dom - OHL ”money” prediction from last winter of Studnicka and Senyshyn. Studnicka’s vision and playmaking x Senyshyn’s speed and ability to get open would be the hottest mixtape collaboration of 2019.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Could be good or bad skating with Fitzgerald honestly. He’s skilled enough to make plays, but his skating and foot-speed is mediocre when trying to separate. It’s better than throwing him with Blidh, though.

Hope we’ll get a chance to see @Dom - OHL ”money” prediction from last winter of Studnicka and Senyshyn. Studnicka’s vision and playmaking x Senyshyn’s speed and ability to get open would be the hottest mixtape collaboration of 2019.

Who would you have on the LW?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I don't think it would be bad for him if he skated with Fitzy. He can make plays and that's what you need from a pivot to play with Senyshyn IMO. He doesn't necessarily have to be able to keep up speed wise as long as the opposite wing can keep up. But history tells me Senyshyn would fair better with Studnicka then Fitzy.

I have numbers to prove it, but Senyshyn fairs so much better with a right shot pivot then a left shot pivot and it's not even close. I'm not sure why because it puts the center on his backhand to make the play. But the numbers don't lie. His goals per 60 were just above 3 to 1 in junior between righty versus lefty.

When set up by defencemen to score, and this makes much more sense because both the d-man and Senyshyn were on the forehand, he faired much better with a left shot d setting him up then a right shot d.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I have numbers to prove it, but Senyshyn fairs so much better with a right shot pivot then a left shot pivot and it's not even close. I'm not sure why because it puts the center on his backhand to make the play. But the numbers don't lie. His goals per 60 were just above 3 to 1 in junior between righty versus lefty.

When set up by defencemen to score, and this makes much more sense because both the d-man and Senyshyn were on the forehand, he faired much better with a left shot d setting him up then a right shot d.

maybe pass this along to nadeau :thumbu:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't see it that way. I'd say next year is his "do or die" camp.

Now this is under the assumption that he goes back to Providence and is put into a Top 6 role + 1st team PP and PK. If he's back on a 3rd line, I'll start to sour on the potential of him being an NHLer.
Yeah I get what you're saying and that's why I'm not ready to call him a bust yet. He's still young enough that in the right situation it could finally click for him and he could break out. However, part of why this felt like a do or die camp to me is that when he was drafted he was a year behind Debrusk in his development out of the gate (younger and one fewer year of Jr. experience). Debrusk made the big club two years ago so instead of keeping pace or closing the gap, Senyshyn has dropped even further behind Debrusk. Now maybe it's an unfair comparison because all players develop at different rates, but you also have to consider that the Bruins are constantly adding talent to their pipeline. Now Senyshyn not only needs to find his offensive game, but he's going to have to also prove that he deserves a shot over guys like Kuhlman, Lauko, Steen, etc. That's why I saw this as a do or die camp for him. He not only needs to rapidly accelerate his development from the pace we've seen thus far but he also needs to catch up to & leapfrog some of his peers in the process if he wants to be a Boston Bruin.

Not having an impressive camp this year after the emergence of Kuhlman and the promise of Steen means he's got an extremely steep uphill climb IMO.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
matter.
Other than seniority, has anyone seen anything from him to suggest that he's more deserving of top 6 minutes in Providence than guys like Steen, Lauko, Hughes, Bjork, etc.? The P-Bruins are stacked this year and those coaches have already shown that they are hesitant to use him in offensive situations. Plus there will always be a handful of veteran AHL guys that he has to beat for those spots too. IMO unless he really starts to step up his game or there are a lot of injuries, I think it's going to be more bottom 6 AHL minutes for him this year.

Reactions: Lo97 and Spooner st

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Other than seniority, has anyone seen anything from him to suggest that he's more deserving of top 6 minutes in Providence than guys like Steen, Lauko, Hughes, Bjork, etc.? The P-Bruins are stacked this year and those coaches have already shown that they are hesitant to use him in offensive situations. Plus there will always be a handful of veteran AHL guys that he has to beat for those spots too. IMO unless he really starts to step up his game or there are a lot of injuries, I think it's going to be more bottom 6 AHL minutes for him this year.

Agree with you. Senyshyn is in a tough spot and the talks about him is more because of him being a 1st round pick 5 years ago than his play. If Senyshyn can't have some big improvement this year, it's not only his place in the NHL that start to be in jeopardy, but his future as an AHLer too. He's allready been pass by Kulman, Frederics, Hughes, JFK, etc. He is still behind older guy like Celarik and Fitzgerald and even new guys like Studnika, Lauko Shen look to be on the verge of passing him ... and more new prospect will come in the system, the wheel never stop. In his 5th year post draft, his status as a prospect as alot too loose this year and if he lose his prospect status, is he good enough the be an AHL veteran like a Aucoin, St-Pierre, Carey, Swarz, etc? For the Bruins or any other team?

Here's the path of some older Bruins pick with good number in the CHL:

Seth Griffith: 5th season post draft he was gone to Toronto and then Florida and Buffalo, etc. Still in the AHL as a productive veteran
Jared Knight: 5th season was traded in the middle of the year to Minnesota. Got one more year in the AHL then he was out.
Zach Hamill: 5th season was his last one with the Bruins, then Hershey, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Utica, Europe.
Maxime Sauvé: 5th season was traded in the middle of the year, then ....
Anthony Camara: 5th season was traded in the middle of the year, then ...

The only exception I found in the last some years is:

Jordan Caron: Got a 6th year before he had the same path as the others.

So all that to say, Senyshyn future as a Bruins is probably in play this year. He need to show something.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

Studnicka is the player I really want to see next to Senyshyn.
Who would you have on the LW?
I personally would love to see him with Lauko but with Bjork down I would try that first. Also last year he did have great chemistry with Cehlarik and Hughes.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsNetwork

Studnicka is the player I really want to see next to Senyshyn.

I personally would love to see him with Lauko but with Bjork down I would try that first. Also last year he did have great chemistry with Cehlarik and Hughes.

Hughes! That’s what I meant, not JFK. Although they did see a brief few months together looked good. Hughes is a nice player for someone like Senyshyn.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This season? John Beecher. Where is Steen? Which is closer to make the Nhl than Senyshyn.

You edited after I posted, agree, steen/Lauko first 2.
Must of edited when you were in the process of posting :laugh:, but Yeah no doubt In most peoples eyes Steen, I would think would be listed as one of the top 5 prospects to be excited about this season.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Must of edited when you were in the process of posting :laugh:, but Yeah no doubt In most peoples eyes Steen, I would think would be listed as one of the top 5 prospects to be excited about this season.
That article is very amateurish at best.
I think she rates them by look.:laugh:

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad